Pergo Prestige Floor / Bad experience

We also bought a PERGO floor from Home Depot, & the "25/30-year warranty" was one of the reasons we bought it. The Home Depot salesperson told us it was one of the best floor warranties available, & we trusted Home Depot & our salesperson & didn't read it word for word. 4 months after installation, our floor also is snapping & popping when walking on it the same as the other consumer stated that his was. It is also peeling, chipping, pulling apart, and now buckling as other PERGO owners are experiencing. It's become dangerous, and someone could fall. And now, when we need our PERGO warranty to replace it & desperately need their help, they quickly passed the buck onto the installer, blame him, & refuse to give us one penny or any help at all! It is their product! Of course we will contact our installer. However, I really don't think that he installed ALL of these consumers floors that are having the same problem. Additionally, I am already disabled & unable to walk more than a few steps at a time. And now I'm afraid I may trip over the buckled edges and fall. I need a secure, stable flooring! But what do we have instead? We have a situation where the more that people walk on this floor, the more it breaks apart & begins to buckle and lift up. I truly question how quickly PERGO passed the buck on our situation, & I am sure with so many other complaints, they have forgotten all about us. I also question why Home Depot didn't inform us of the installation difficulty level of this PERGO floor until AFTER we filed our claim with them for help from PERGO. **Not ONE word was said when we paid them all the money we had for this floor.** Had we been warned prior to the purchase, we either A) would never have bought it or B) while our installer is very reputable, we would have also warned him about the difficulty of a Pergo floor installation. I so much want to be hopeful that the PERGO people will make this right if they see this, but I have become mistrustful of this company...especially after reading the many, MANY other problems other consumers are having. I appreciate this forum which allows me to express our frustration & hope other consumers reading this won't make our mistake trust the PERGO warranty. I, along with the others, recommend looking at some other type of laminate flooring. We are stuck with a very defective & dangerous new and costly PERGO floor, & I am just so confused & saddened by the entire experience.

Sm

Comments

• Aa
      5th of Mar, 2011

I have the same problem with Pergo laminate. Had it installed by Lowes subcontractor and had problems since day 1. Needed to have the transition strips and mouldings replaces numerous times. Now the floor is loosing color and chipping with every joint loose or gapping. Had a Pergo rep out but still haven't heard from Lowes about any repair or replacement for this lousy product. Have this in my kitchen, hallway, and powder room. Paid over $4400 and thought that the 25 year warranty product would hold up since their ad has a very large great dane that "can't destroy" the floor. What a crock! Lowes store instillation manager promised to contact me with product resolution, but here I sit waiting... and still have junk for flooring. Don't buy Pergo - RUN FAST - their warranty is worthless!

• Ck
      4th of Apr, 2011

I agree totally. As the above complaint I purchased pergo and had 2 large rooms and a hallway installed. Shortly after, it chipped turned up at edges and buckled. I put in a claim to Pergo months ago, finally today I was contacted by Lowes (my go between, since Pergo would never call me back) and they told me the claim was denied by pergo, now I guess the dispute is between me and Lowes, I don't have much hope of recovering any of my $3, 000. lost on this venture. I think Pergo and Lowes keep you holding on so long for a decision (in my case 4 months) that by the time they denie the claim you are so tired of living in such upheaval that you just give up. I have been living on 1/2 pergo and 1/2 cement since the new contractor removed part of the pergo until we deceided to wait for the pergo approval or denial. What to do now?

• Fr
      15th of Jun, 2011

Last year my husband installed a natural hickory pergo floor to replace a Swiftlock floor which was too dark for my liking. I am sorry to say that we are not pleased with it at all. The only thing we like about it is the color. The Swiftlock brand floor that we replaced was in better shape after 5 years of use than the Pergo one after only a couple of months. There are a few pieces that have look like the locking system on the side of it failed and is covered in so many scratches even though we have used rubber and felt chair protectors. We went with Pergo brand instead of Swiftlock because we thought it would be even more durable. We moved the Swiftlock into two other rooms in our home and it still looks beautiful! A month or so after installing the Pergo, I called customer service with my complaints, and they said, "have the kids dance on it with socks on." We have had to be more careful with something that promised superior durability. I am sorry to say that anyone looking for flooring, we tell them to stay away from Pergo brand.