PeopleLookup.com / Extremely dissatisfied with the service!

I am extremely dissatisfied with the "QUALITY" of people lookup services currently on the internet.

I used to be able to get addresses, internet addresses and phone numbers free from several lookup services. Now, although there are many more such services, almost none of them provide useful information free and some of them want an up front fee before they tell you if they can supply any information about a specific person. In a very few cases, they say there will be no fee if they are unable to supply the information you need, but most want either a membership fee or a fee for each service with no guarantee of results.

I am attempting to collect contact and/or status information on my classmates from Milltown Public School graduating class of 1945, Milltown, NJ 08850 and have only had good results from other classmates and from my own "detective" work. Most information sites usually reply that the phone number is unlisted, but they can supply it for a fee. The total fees required to get help from a service for this task are beyond my means.

Note: I have had much better luck getting info on those that have passed on (at least the males) than on those that are living.

Sincerely,
Orville Smith

Comments

• Mi
      24th of Jun, 2007

Im mad, because i paid 49.99 and only got to look up one persons info i tried to do another but it says pay again then what did i pay for?

• Ca
      18th of Dec, 2007

This classmates. com site is absolutely horrible. it does not do anything. It keeps popping other schools up, different classes. No phone numbers to contact customer service. Anyone out there have a number for them.

• Or
      2nd of Jan, 2008

Of course I agree, I wrote it! However, I don't recall targeting peoplelookup.com.

I have found one free search engine that has returned street addresses that others have failed to do.

"ZabaSearch.com"

Keep up the good work, ZabaSearch!

NOTE: Apparently an as yet unidentified scammer has taken my name from this site and is offering products for sale, collecting payments, but not delivering! I have nothing for sale. DO NOT SEND MONEY TO ANYONE USING MY NAME!!!
    If anyone is contacted by the person doing this, please email me a
    complete copy of their email, including the email address they are using and where they want you to send payment, by clicking on [send email] on the top line of this comment.

Dear Sharon. I'm not the person who is scamming you. I have forwarded your email to https://www.complaintsboard.com. I am sorry for your loss and I hope it is returned to you.

• Ro
      11th of Feb, 2008

They sold my credit card information to 24 Protect and THEY started deducting $14.95 for 6 months out of MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT without authorization.

I reported it to the Federal Trade Commission @ www.ftc.com
    If a site like PEOPLELOOKUP.COM has a VERISIGN on their page THEY BY LAW cannot SELL your information.

I emailed them and got my money refunded, ALL 6 months in about 1 business day.

The State of CT. banking commission through Consumer Protection told me to take it to the police in my town. I am going to do that. THEY ARE THEIVES.

• Ro
      11th of Feb, 2008

PEOPLELOOKUP.COM sold my information to another company called "24 Protect" and they deducted $14.95 for 6 months from my savings account.

I reported them to the state of Connecticut Banking Commission who told me to go to THE POLICE. I WILL.

I sent "24 Protect" an email and was refunded in 12 hours. Those thieves. I cannot get a valid address. Only P.O. Box!

• Cl
      25th of Mar, 2008

every time I try to acess people look up they keep giving new passwords that i still can not get through after paying my money

• Sh
      8th of Jun, 2008

agree with every word!!!

I have payd the money they requested and no searches are returned at al!!!

this is a real big scam!!!
    people don't risk your money and your card numbers!!!

the same thing with www.peoplesearchno.com all big theives

• Le
      27th of Oct, 2008

i got a discount serach from people lookup an all they gave me was sum old ### addresses from 100yrs ago then was trying to charge me for sum more old ### i got for fremm from zaaba search people lookup is full of [censored]ttttttttttttt

• Au
      25th of Mar, 2009

I also went to PeopleLookup.com to find out a name to a mysterious phone number. I paid $4.95 for the info- that was it. I got the info (now I am not sure how accurate it is), but a few days later there was an email sent to me from VALUEMAX.COM. I ignored it and did not delete it. I looked at it today again because $19.95 was charged to my checking account from someone called ValueMax. I went back to the email and saw that they "gave me" a 7-day free trial for this service (I got this email about 10 days ago) and because I did not cancel this service within the 7 days, they charged me the $19.95. My "email" was my "signature" approving this transaction, so the email said. WHAT?!? I called them up, furious, telling them that they had had no authorization, that they were SCAMMING people, and if they did not reverse the charges that we would have a big problem. She cancelled "my account" with them and told me I'd have the money back in my checking account within 1-2 business days.

So yes, PeopleLookup.com is selling people's credit/debit card info!!! I hate how we allow people like this to stay in business. It's a SHAME.

• Br
      16th of Jun, 2009

i agree with the above. I needed a name with a phone number. I waited several days for the info instead of hours like other companies that would give u the info instantly, but with a higher cost. When i emailed asking for my info a day later i got it, BUT with only the first name. NO other info. I emailed them asking for the rest of the name. They NEVER emailed me back! And nver got the last name. SCAM company for sure!!!

• Vi
      14th of Sep, 2009

peoplelookup.com is bogus. I found out MORE information on someone just by using zabasearch and looking at the county clerk of courts website than peoplelookup.com provided.

I noticed while checking out that it was pushing some other service, I clicked on "No, show me the report" but after checking up on this company (I should have done that before using them) I decided to cancel my credit card and requested a new one with a different number. I already have an additional $1.00 charge from Google in addition to the peoplelookup charge, so I'm in the process of figuring out where that came from, I never purchased anything from Google and it posted at the same time as the peoplelookup charge.

Stay away from these crooks.

23rd of Sep, 2009

im am so pissed at this website they say that it given you information when it does not. i have also been on hold for 10 min and the lady on the phone was a complete ###! im am trying to get my money back since your paying for something that gives you no help like it says. wtf? it should not be allowed on the internet! do not go to the website or pay for anything!

• Wi
      17th of Sep, 2010

Another victim of peoplelookup.com. Lost $4.95 (so far) and got nothing except an empty report and a runaround on their website. Wish I had checked them out first. I'll probably be dealing with false charges as well, now. THESE "PEOPLE" SEEM ACTUALLY TO BE ANIMALS.

• Mi
      26th of Nov, 2010
    PeopleLookup.com - They will not give a refund if incorrect data is provided
    Peoplelookup.com
    peoplelookup.com

Poor Quality Service - Peoplelookup.com aka Intelius advertises the ability to provide correct information on people you are trying to locate. The problem is that much of the data they give is significantly out of date. They will not give a refund if incorrect data is provided.

• Co
      8th of May, 2012

Agree with Vitalis above, and was also redirected there after looking up court information on a county site. The peoplelookup.com leads you to believe that you're being charged for a one-time purchase, under $5.00. To verify that their site would provide correct information, I looked up myself first, and the information on their site was almost completely incorrect, with a wrong birth date, but some correct relatives with incorrect relatives, and some correct addresses, but several incorrect addresses that were in places I haven't heard of.

There is no easy way to cancel the peoplelookup.com account. It isn't even an option. The only option you have is to email them and ask them "HOW" to cancel the "Subscription" and when you email them to ask them "How to cancel the subscription", their customer service email response is as follows, in quotes:

"Thank you for contacting People Lookup Customer Service. This email was sent automatically by People Lookup to confirm our receipt of your request for help.

Please do not reply to this message. Your request has been routed to the appropriate team within
    People Lookup for review. We will be contacting you shortly to discuss the status of your request.
    Please allow 2-3 business days for us to respond to your request."

I called my bank and asked them to cancel the card that I used and to please send a new one with a new number and new vin. I have sent e-mails to the site telling them I wish to unsubscribe and have gotten no help. If I do find out how to unsubscribe, I'll come back and post here. Will be contacting the better business bureau after this.