People-Records.net / Scam!

I 'subscribed' to what I thought was an unlimited 'subscription' to obtaining information on people, whether it be myself, or others. When I tried to enter a name, it said I had to enable cookies. I did so, but it still did not work. I used another operating system, and eventually got onto the site, and it immediately said I had used all my 'credits.' On the purchase page for this site, it did not say anything about needing 'credits', but their tech support (and I use that term lightly) says all the credits were 'expired'. How could I have BOUGHT 'expired credits'? They did not say 'credits' were required.

If you read other people's comments about this outfit, you will see exactly what I am talking about. I will contact my bank in the morning (2/5) and request a refund thru them; of course if no satisfaction from my own bank, I will get a new bank immediately. I cannot afford the $34.95 I spent, which was a huge mistake. I typed in my own name to see what would come up, and absolutely NOTHING came up. So, I typed in 'Jones' and 'Smith' and 'Brown' and NOTHING came up for those names, either, so it is obvious it is a fake site accepting money.

'Josie' is not a real person, it is a computer generated name. Also, they say a complete refund will be made within 56 days if not satisfied, and the very next sentence says 60 days, so that is a sign it is phony. How much do you want to bet it's a Nigerian (or similar) scam to get money? I will cancel my bank cards in the morning, or sooner if possible. Yes, it is a great inconvenience to me, but I have to protect my money from such an unscrupulous web site.

This is the first time I have had something like this happen in 12 years.

Va

Comments

• Is
      20th of Feb, 2008

I am afraid this is a fraud. I put in information I know is available and could not get results. Luckey for me I only signed up for one year and I am out $19.95however I am angry.

• Ju
      1st of Mar, 2008

I am unable to get past username & password it keeps telling me it is not correct > I know that it is correct it is so trying to get info on a simple thing like where someone is buried I have all the info given to them you are one BAD search clickbank.

• Wi
      19th of Mar, 2008
    People Records - Cannot locate any names i need!
    People Records
    Houston
    Texas

I paid for 1 year $19.95 to be able to look up my ancestors, when i type in a name, they say no information on that name, even though I have a birth certificate of that person, they have not answer my questions. only clickbank has answered they referred me to support@recordsarea.com the publisher is software Doctor.Inc. but no answer.

• Ka
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I paid this site money n the 18/09/08 My login details comes up as error and then to top it off after i complain They send me a new password and the website this time is www.gov.au . Still you can't log into any of these two sites. I requested my money back five minutes afte I paid and they still keep sending stupid emails wich takes hours to respond saying they will give me a lifetime membership. A member ship to what!!! .They are stalling their seven day refund policy. They have took my money out o my account and now I have to wait anther 11 hours they say for a response. It is the 23rd today and I still can't get them to ay we will refund you. Thts what I asked for immediatly and they won't budge.