PECO Energy / credit department

1 King of Prussia, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 610-930-7555

How can peco take a $2720.00 deposit off a business customer that had already been doing business for 5 years and never had service disconected and whose owner has been a customer for 20 years with out being disconected residentually. On top of that has ran another business for 11 years without any problems. Another "kick the little guys in the ###', the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. It ain't right!!

Comments

Ju
  5th of May, 2014

I have been waiting for a response to damage done to our home at 1056 Chestnut Street, Darby, PA 19023 while the PECO staff installed an exterior meter; for easier access. The individuals responsible for the change asked permission to do the change as it would make it not only easier to read for the purposes of billing, but in the event of an emergency, it would also make it easier to turn off service in the event of flooding. We live in the 100 year flood plane so there have been times when service was necessary to be turned off so that there would not be any emergencies from gas leaking as a result of flooding. The other part of the problem occurred when the workers removed shrubbery and landscaping outside of the property to install the meter. As a result of the timing of such a 'landscaping project' the shrubbery that has been there since before 1999, did not make it through the winter, and the surrounding landscaping as well.

To add to that situation, someone claimed that we had moved from our address and the PECO grant for LIHEAP, COMPASS Registration Number 000492144 which was sent to me in September, immediately after the September payment for LIHEAP was sent to PECO. This grant was rejected because of someone claiming that we had moved out of our home. I have been frantically trying to re-establish the service for our home since the lack of heat has caused pipes to freeze and water damage to our property as a result of a lack of heat from October until present. Consequently, I presented to the Customer Service Center to correct this problem. In addition, we had two water heaters installed in this residential property since 2010 as a result of flooding, and one new furnace. I requested credit for these new appliance under the Smarthomes/Smartideas program, however, no credit has been provided up to date. Therefore, I am requesting some intervention from your staff to resolve this problem. I received a phone call on or about April 16, 2014 to continue with the processing of this complaint, however, I have not received any further information since the phone contact is not mine but was the phone number of Steven Ramdial, who may have re-directed the phone call or the address information. He is under psychiatric care and was a part of the excessive costs associated with this property as I have been his Caregiver since October of 2012. I am awaiting resolution of this problem... I would appreciate a quick response since Springtime is the best time to begin landscaping projects and not just before Winter sets in.

Cl
  7th of Oct, 2014

Why does PECO lie and tell customers (me) that the security required to turn service on will be refunded in 12 months turn...providing that you donot pay your bill late...ex. My bill began 11/11/13 and i thought at least by 12/11/14, I am suppose to get my security deposit back but no I have to wait until 3/2014 or 4/2014 ... this is untruth dealings