Pearle Visionaccused of stealing with no information provided

My husband and I were visiting the store at 680 South, IL-59, Naperville, IL 60540 on Wednesday, November 21st 2018 and we were in the store mostly by ourselves, with the exception of one family who was there for about the first 5 minutes we were there. My husband and I tried on frames, spoke with the staff, and left. A couple hours later we got a phone call from the Naperville Police Department stating we were accused of stealing frames. Your staff reported that we stole items without knowing which frames- nobody could tell us if they were alleging that it was men's or women's frames stolen, and your staff could only say they had "filled up the boards when we were there" which was false and the security footage will show this. They also didn't contact the family who was in there at the same time as us. Nobody could tell us how much they were alleging we stole, but did tell us it would be a felony- which I believe is outrageous considering their glasses mostly cost less than $500.

A responsible store would have reviewed video footage and then called police since they had our license plate. However when I called and asked to see the footage I was informed they don't have access to it and would review it later. I asked that they don't watch it without me there- and offered my phone number to the manager who said she would get it from the police.

I have not heard anything since and it is now 11/26/18. We have been wrongly accused with no information given, and there is now a police report with our names on it and this has caused serious emotional distress for my husband and myself, especially over the holiday. I am disgusted at the complete lack of professionalism and responsibility by the staff.

Hi