PC Mall / Unprofessional cold calls

1 Torrance, CA, United States Review updated:

Got a cold call from PC Mall Today. Thought I'd the salesman 5 minutes of my time and basically that was a mistake. He was rudest most unprofessional boiler room caller ever.

Used to do business with them - will not anymore.

Comments

• We
      6th of Jul, 2010

Same problem here. For the last year or more Samy Assouline at PC Mall has been calling me trying to get me to switch. From the beginning i've told him that i'm not interested, and I try to be polite about it. No matter what I say he keeps insisting on setting me up with an account. I've grown increasingly tired of the calls and emails and today when he called I told him "I'm not interested, thank you." in a polite but assertive way. He of course said "Buut.." and then began his usual sales pitch. I interrupted him with "I'm sorry Samy but can you listen to me for just a second? I'm am not interested, thank you." He began going on about how he had set me up with an account (that I tried to refuse on earlier calls) and that the prices were 2% above cost. I responded with "I'm sorry but that just doesn't matter. I'm trying to be polite and end this call with out hanging up on you, but your making that difficult. I want the phone calls and emails to stop. I'm not interested, thank you." By this point he was already raising his voice well above conversational tone, and then threatened to call my boss and tell them about how mean and unprofessional I was being with him after he put all this work in on the account he setup for me and now I was telling him to "go to hell". I cut him off abruptly and I reminded him that I said no such thing and that I had never been anything but polite and professional with him. I told him that our calls are recorded, and his likely are too and that he might want to find an amicable way to end this call before he said anything worse that he already did. He yelled at me for being unprofessional again and reminded he that he was going to call my 'Higher ups" to report my behavior and then hung up on me.

Way to win customers PC Mall!

• Ru
      29th of Sep, 2010

While I do get repeated calls from our PC Mall rep, fortunately, I've not been the recipient of such rudeness.

Not surprisingly, PC Mall has been trying to become our 1st vendor of choice, and to be fair, I've been quite patient with them.

Awhile back, I tried to send business PC Mall's way by using them to drop images onto some of our Lenovo workstations. I was told first that they didn't have an FTP solution (that may have changed by now), but I was to Fedex the image DVD's to TN, but that the actual workstations wouldn't ship out of TN, but instead AZ. At this point, I told the sales/account rep that I estimated the turnaround time would be about 7 business days (i.e. the same as with our current vendor CDW) for the units to arrive at their destinations.

The account rep countered and said, "No, I promise that it'll be there in 3-4 business days!". I said it'd be wonderful if you could do that and do it cheaper. Again, he repeated that yes, they can!!

Well, 4 business days passed and no delivery. 7 days passed (i.e. the same turnaround time for CDW), and still no delivery. It took over two weeks for them to deliver.

Caveat Emptor: Be wary of vendors who: [1] Over promise and [2] under deliver.

• Av
      5th of Jun, 2012

My experience is that they are calling far too often. At first it was once a week but then turned into twice a week. I just started ignoring the calls because I don't have time to listen to a sales pitch that often especially in a brand new, up to date facility (which I explained every time). Well, after a couple of days off I returned to find that I had 6 missed calls from PC Mall with no voice mail. That blew me away. I emailed PC Mall and told them that this is borderline harassment and I will never do business with them if this keeps up. It has been 9 months. I still get the phone calls and I keep ignoring them. I can't even imagine how annoying they would get if I actually hired them for something.

• Do
      17th of Jan, 2014

Received call today which came up without caller id information and told the phone operator I was not interested in a company that offers a website displaying items with prices that are not reflecting the prices I am buying. "but with an account with us, you'd receive special discount pricing". (Why have the website then?) I quickly researched a product (Lenovo Yoga laptop) to compare on Lenovo's website. 1. ) The mfg part number listed could not be found on Lenovo's website! Picked another product, 2.) Price listed on PCM website was SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS more expensive than buying directly from Lenovo! ( 50% markup )
    I asked to speak to his manager and asked to be put on their DO NOT CALL list.

Steer clear of a company like this !!!