Palomar associates / Trying to collect a debt I don't owe

1 601 Cabana WayStockton, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 12093736878

I have told Palomar/Duvera several times that Guaranteed Consumer Funding owes me money and stop sending me collection notice's. I called and sent proof the dump supervisor doesn't even understand. They have even put this on my credit report. This company particapates with other scamming companies Like Guaranteed Consumer Funding. They both need to be shut down!

Comments

• Kn
      5th of Jul, 2009

Palomar Associates not only harasses individuals on the phone, but they research relatives' phone numbers and illegally contact relatives in reference to your own account. They found my parents' home phone number, left SEVERAL messages on their answering machine, and then when they actually spoke with my parents (whom I haven't lived with in over 14 years since college), they were rude, and insisted that the matter was urgent. When I spoke with Palomar in reference to not contacting my parents anymore, they tried to deny ever contacting them. I informed them that they can communicate with me via mail because I wanted what they were asking for documented. The representative said these exact words to me, "We don't have to inform you via mail about anything! In fact, I will put you down as unwilling to cooperate and will go after you in other ways!" I told the representative that I wanted to work out a payment plan, but he refused and said to me, "No! Good luck!", then he hung up the phone. I just got a letter in the mail, despite what the representative said about mail communication, requesting I make payment arrangements (which I attempted to do several times). When questioned about the original debt, they claim that they do not have any information about my original creditor, not even the phone number. TOTAL SCAM!!!

• Th
      29th of Jul, 2011

I agree that this company needs to be shut down and, maybe even prosecuted for false claims. I had the misfortune to speak with an individual by the name of "Nick" who was curt, rude, and I felt like I had been attacked by a bully. His claims that I owed monies to a Vacation Travel Company are unfounded because they refunded my monies after being prosecuted by the New Jersey Department of Consumer Affairs and the NJ Office of the Attorney General. Nick would not provide his last name, the location of the company, and was simply just a smart mouth and very unprofessional.

• Wr
      22nd of Nov, 2011

I just woke up after working night shift at Toyota and woke up to my wife being very pissed off when I asked why she said that a collection agency had called and that he was a total and completely jerk off completely unprofessional and just plain rude so I took the liberty of calling this jerk off and ask him why he acted like an ### towards my wife and he said" I don't know what your talking about and if you don't watch your mouth this conversation isnt going to last very long and then Hung up on me!! So I called back and told him he still hadn't answered the question, and he said again " I don't know what your talking about, that when I became more aggressive and told him he knew exactly what I was talking about and that the only thing he would be collecting from me were his teeth if he mouthed off again!!! Don't let these pieces of trash bully you stand up for your rights and more importantly, exercise your right to be informed, and by my reseaech these ###s are all fraud, so don't give them a dime!!!

• Ph
      28th of Mar, 2012

My husband and his father both have similar names. Although my husband is not a Junior, his first and last name are identical to my father-in-laws. I received a letter addressed to the first and last name of the person they were looking for. I called the offices and attempted to inform them that the address that they had sent the letter to was not the correct address. The collection employee was verbally abusive and would not accept my information without a power of attorney to get the info changed. She informed me that I had committed mail fraud by opening the letter and that she should report me. I informed her about the similarity of name and that the I had filed chapter 7 in January listing all my debts. She refused to take the correct information and when I asked for her supervisor, she refused and threatened to hang up. I told her that I would call back and she informed me that she would hand up on me every time, and did just that. Palomar Associates is violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act of 1996 with their abusive telephone behavior. They deliberately contacted my home in an attempt to look for my father-in-law knowing full well that he did not live there. Their employees are deliberately abusive and use what ever practices necessary to obtain the information they are looking for. This type of collection abuse is why the Government is forming an agency to protect consumers from these vultures. If you have experienced abuse from them, contact record the conversation and contact your State Attorney's office where you can file a complaint. Also contact the FTC and file a complaint with them.

• Do
      22nd of Jul, 2014

I would like to know who I can contact about this Company. We had filed bankruptcy and when this company got wind of it they changed their name to another collection agency but are the same place. They are very rude can't get the director to callus back at all. It seems like there are only 2 guys that work there. I'm frustrated. Does anyone think an attorney could help if I got one involved?