Old Republic Home Warranty / Won't replace, just repair, repair and repair

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I have a heater that quit working. Old Republic Home Warranty has sent a technician out 4 times now and the unit is still not working!! The temperature has been in the 30's. In addition, there was NO HEAT over the entire Thanksgiving weekend while having a housefull of company!!! The heating specialist has been out 4 times now. He's examined the unit completely, checked the ducting, looked at thermostats, etc. In one of the visits, he replace the electronic ignition unit. In another of the 4 visits he replaced a nother major component. The technician is now recommending a new unit, but Old Republic Home Warranty wants him to go out again to take another look! For what???? All this requires time off from a new job. I feel like I'm just getting the runaround. I called Old Republic Home Warranty this morning and was told "well, we're not JUST going to replace it..." How many more hoops need to be jumped through? I had another home warranty company before and the responded quickly and appropriately to when my A/C unit quit on a 100 degree plus day. I won't name them, yet, but I'm wondering if I should go back to them.

Comments

• Or
      1st of Dec, 2010

Can you please send an email with your Plan number (or property address) and contact information to [protected]@orhp.com so we can review your service request and determine the best way to get it resolved? Thanks.

• De
      1st of Dec, 2010

I sent a lengthy email about 8 hours ago, prior to posting my comment on this site. I have yet to hear from anyone - not even the courtesy of a response.