ODESK — Keep out, odesk is completely non-transparent
I am working at odesk as a coder for more than a year. I was frustrated by the fact that my financial account was suspended. I have an active contract at the moment, no disputes or anything similar. I was asking them for a specific reason, but support (they probably don't even have an office :) just a home-people) simply told me twice about some misterious "many negative details" on my account.
This suspension happened without any notice and violates Odesk's 2.10 TOS, where we can see following:
"Without limiting oDesk's other remedies, we may suspend or terminate your account, use self-help in connection with our rights to reclaim any available funds, and refuse to provide any further access to the oDesk Platform to you if (a) you breach any terms and conditions of this Agreement or other written policies and procedures posted on the Site; (b) we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or (c) we believe that your actions may cause legal liability for you, our Users or for oDesk."
So here we are - world-class companies breaking their own rules. What's next?
More ODESK Complaints & Reviews
- Elance.com - Terrible company! 
- Upworkptr.com - Stay away from these crooks 
- Upworkptr.com - Upworkptr.com a scam 
- ODESK - Credit Card Fraud 
- ODESK - ILLEGAL SUSPENSION OF ACCOUNT 
- UpWork - Beware of Upwork.
- UpWork - Can't receive my payment
- ODESK - Payment Reversed 
- UpWork - Didn't receive the payment
- Elance.com - Nothing but problems