ODESK / Financial Account has been suspended PERMANENTLY

United States Review updated:

I'm a new user of odesk . Recently I've got a job . It was a hourly job the contractor has a verified payment meythod, he posted a job named template design . In this job there was 75 applicants . I applied for this job and got reply from that contractor . He invited me for his job . He send his skype ID . I've contcted through my skype ID .
I've work for 1 week . 28 february when I open odesk team application there was a mistake . Instantly I contact with odesk live chat . They told contracts account on hold .Since then they have suspended my financial account without notification . About 10 time i contact odesk live chat but there is no improve in my account . Unfortunately 7 mar they've permanently suspended my account when there was $1120 earnings in my account.

ODESK

En
Mar 06, 2013

Comments

• En
      Mar 06, 2013

It happen in odesk because they are fraud

• Re
      May 25, 2013

I agree odesk is a fraud.. I am also experiencing this kind of issue

• Ba
      Jul 10, 2013

oDesk is just a scam site .They will scam when they will see you have more than $1000 in your account . They stole my all money. It was about $2760

• Ru
      Aug 13, 2013

Hi,
    I have same problem from few days. Still your account is suspend ? Please let me know,

• Ar
      Aug 23, 2013

same issue here, $1, 354 in account been suspended.
    they ask me to make some of my existing long term contracts complete successfully. but after I close two of them with my clients, they have no response any more.
    Shame odesk

Aug 29, 2013

OMG guys you scaring me.
    I'm working with oDesk for 1 month and have some earnings to receive. I already received some, with no problems, but now I got the "Financial Account Suspended" message.
    What is it about? oDesk is a real fraud? How do I proceed? What a bad news Enamul Kabir
    =/
    Good Luck for us

• Su
      Dec 18, 2013

Few days ago, also my odesk account has been suspended with lots of money. I have contact they told me that it's handle higher authority. I want to know about my suspend reason. But they can't anything. Just permanent suspend. so what should step we do ???
    Really they are cheap and big cheater.
    S. Gain

• Dj
      Nov 22, 2014

I do not recommend it for anyone trying to get real work finished on a timeline. I have no confidence in Odesk and unfortunately ELance now that they have merged. The freelancers were great - the Odesk support staff was a nightmare.

Odesk decided my company doesn’t need to operate and they threw my money away without consulting me first.

I had three 24-hr projects in process, two additional projects had just been paid and two more 24-hr contracts starting when they suspended all jobs because one of the freelancers linked to my account. (Whatever that means – no one will explain it)

It has been two days with no updates from support. All jobs in process are now uselessly late and they will not release payments even after spending six hours trying to solve this.

I apparently have to find some other way to pay the freelancers even though I funded all projects up front. It is not fair to the freelancers to go unpaid even though the work is useless now. It is crazy that you pre-fund all of the projects but you have no control over the money once it leaves your account.

Their excuse always is another department must resolve the case, no timelines, no explanations, no feedback. But of course - they say "we are sorry for your inconvenience..." While they park all of our money in an account and draw interest on it.

If you are ok with risking your job deadlines, loosing time and money in training and watching people not get paid then take the gamble.

Feb 18, 2015

Hi, ,
    I have same problem from few days. Still my account is suspend ? Please let me know what can i do now, and how much time it takes ?

Thanks,