Nutrafarms / meat delivery

1 Canada

My sister roped me into this with their referral program. Had she received her order before we signed up then there is NO way we would even entertain the idea!

On the surface this seems perfect. Both our families are 2+2 kids and meat eaters. We LOVE the idea of buying from local farms and the convenience sounded great too.

We went in on a cow before and loved the quality, just didn't like how much of some cuts we got, so the customization was awesome!

That's where the positive ends.

The price tag flabbergasted us, we were told that we needed the largest package which was $6000...yes you read that right SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS. We opted for a smaller package, the minimum was $4000.

After agreeing to look at the smallest package we found it very odd that we didn't get any hard values. No numbers for anything was given.

At the beheast of my wife we went through with it. Ended up setting up a payment plan for $90 a week (about half our grocery budget). Gave the man a $200 deposit and said goodbye

Meat day finally arrived. My sister and I both received on the same day. Her husband was out of town when it arrived so she put everything away herself without a chance to go through what she got.

I on the other hand, took my time and calculated exactly what I got.

10lbs NY Striploin steaks
5lbs ground Pork
5lbs of Hot dogs
10lbs of wings spiced

Box of "free" cleaners

Total or 152lbs or $26.32 a pound!!!

I went to Farmboy, known for quality (and price), to compare. I was able to get the same amount of meat for around $1800.

Do not, under any circumstances let these guys in your house. I have 5 months of meat that I am paying 250% markup on, and am going to be stuck with payments for 5 months after that

Nutrafarms is not worth the money.

We