North american fishing club / Broken contract

1 Anywhere, United States Review updated:

I just cancelled my lifetime memberships from both nahc and nafc. I received my magazines from each club and they are the exact same magazine sporting different covers. When I called into non-customer service and spoke to a supervisor to request a refund for one of my memberships I got nothing bur disgusted. Her basic message was either love it or leave it. Well, I left them. Hopefully my cancellation will send a very small message to corporate but if all other members follow my lead it may change a very samll message into a huge one. I attempted to post this message on both the nahc and nafc website chat rooms but not surprisingly they were both censored. Fyi - I placed my new huge, slippery (No, i'm not going there!!!) "coffee table" (Must be a wannabee outdoorsman that pays for guides and says he did it on his own kind of guy - I don't have one of those in my cabin) advertising magazines directly in the recycle bin. Good luck with your newly destroyed clubs and i'll see you in the woods or on the water.

Fu
Apr 26, 2014

Comments

• Fu
      26th of Apr, 2014

I JUST cancelled my LIFETIME memberships from both NAHC and NAFC. I received my magazines from each club and they are the EXACT same magazine sporting different covers. When I called into NON-customer service and spoke to a SUPERVISOR to request a refund for one of my memberships I got nothing bur disgusted. Her BASIC message was either love it or leave it. Well, I LEFT them. Hopefully my cancellation will send a VERY SMALL message to corporate but if all other members follow my lead it may change a VERY SAMLL message into a HUGE one. I attempted to post this message on both the NAHC and NAFC website chat rooms but not surprisingly they were both CENSORED. FYI - I placed my new HUGE, SLIPPERY (no, I'm not going there!!!) "coffee table" (MUST be a wannabee outdoorsman that PAYS for guides and says he did it on HIS OWN kind of guy - I don't have one of those in my cabin) ADVERTISING magazines directly in the recycle bin. Good luck with YOUR newly destroyed clubs and I'll see you in the woods or on the water.

• Co
      29th of May, 2014

WHEN I BECAME A LIFE MEMBER TO THIS FISHING CLUB THEIR MAGAZINE WAS INFORMATIVE TO A DEGREE.IF YOU PICKED WHAT YOU WANTED IN THE INFO YOU COULD BECOME MORE PRODUCTIVE WITH YOUR FISHING.IT WAS OK UNTIL THIS LAST ISSUE THAT WAS SENT.THIS IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF GARBAGE I HAVE RECIEVED CALLING ITSELF A FISHING MAGAZINE.
    I USE TO GET THE IN FISHERMAN PRIOR TO MY SUBSCRIPTION TO NAFC.
    I SWITCH BECAUSE THEY STOPPED TEACHING ANYTHING NEW BUT NEVER TURNED INTO A ADVERTISING BOOKLET LIKE NAFC HAS SHOWED ME WITH THEIR LATEST.
    I ALSO AGREE THEIR PRODUCT TESTING PROGRAM IS A COME ON FOR NOTHING.I TESTED 2 DIFFERENT PRODUCT FOR THEM.THE FIRST WAS AN 3/8 OZ. ARTIFICIAL LURE .IT WAS SENT IN JANUARY AND THEY WANTED RESULTS IN 4 WEEKS.I LIVE IN THE NORTHERN STATES AND COULDNT SEE GOING OUT TO MY FAVORITE LAKE AND CAST IT ON THE ICE AND SEE IF ANY FISH WOULD BREAK THRU TO ATTACK MY LURE.THE SECOND WAS MOISTURE PACKETS FOR TACKLEBOXES.YOU COULD BUY KITTY LITTER OR REGULAR OILDRY AND GET SAME RESULTS A LOT CHEAPER. BOTH PRODUCTS WERE A FLOP IN MY BOOK AND TOLD THEM SO.NEVER HEARD ANOTHER WORD FROM THEM.BOTH PRODUCTS GOT AN EIGHT FROM CLUB.ALL THE BETTER PRODUCTS WERE A COME ON IN MY OPINION.
    ONLY THING THAT THEY DID DO WAS GIVE ME THE GIFTS THAT WERE PROMISED FOR LIFE MEMBERSHIP.
    RIGHT NOW I WOULDNT RECOMEND THIS CLUB TO NOBODY.

• Qu
      20th of Jan, 2015

I agree totally!!! I have been a life member since 1999, paid all dues and at first was receiving offers, magazines, and test items on a regular basis. About a year ago I had not received a magazine for quite some time so I wrote them about it and got no response. I went on their website and found the mag. was online. I also seen they were doing testing thru something called StuffStuff or something like that. I subscribed and received a couple of items which was Berkley line and cannot remember the other. No matter I tested and reviewed and wanted to test other items but nothing. Their Give-Away program is a joke as I have always put in but nothing there either. They probably go to their "Buds". I just went to their new website and found my status as expired! How am I expired as a paid in full member in good status. This outfit is a JOKE and will never go to their website again. As for my membership I guess I will eat the membership fee but will cancel my membership. The same goes for the NAHC both are a farce and hopefully folks start cancelling out of their memberships and maybe wake this club up. Very disappointing that these people call themselves fisherman or hunters, they are just another group looking for money. Tight Lines to all of the real FISHERMEN!!!

• Ca
      25th of Jan, 2018

My name is Carlton L Richardson and I'm a life member with NAFC. My account last 4 ends with 2028. I'm not sure as to what's really going on because NAFC phone number hasn't worked for me. I'm just making it known that I'm concerned about my membership as well.

• Ry
      24th of Sep, 2018

Well, I guess I now know why I haven't heard anything about my life memberships to NAFC and NAHC in years. I thought it was because I'm in the military and moved a lot. It would be nice to get my money back since we're not getting what we paid for.