nokia uk / nokia sweepstakes

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I have received an sms from NOKIA claiming that I have won in a competition,nokia sweepstakes.

I have won some money but for me to get this money I have to send them money for the fee for the courier service of my choice,FEDEX UK in the amount of 490pounds.

The person that have been emailing me is a DR. Floyd who claims he is the cashier for NOKIA in the promotional department and he is responsible for sending the money to the winners.

I have never heard of such a competition and I need to know wether or not this is a legitimate competition and not just another scam.

Can someone please have a look into this and get back to me.

I have been send by Dr. Floyd a deed of guarantee to show me that it is legit. The barrister Alan Brian who works for the NOKIA promotional department he is the legal advisor,guarantees me that this deed of guarantee for this competiton is legitemate.

Comments

• Ka
      17th of Dec, 2007

I had received the same message from NOKIA NIGERIA by Mr Issa Megemu and Dr. Floyd also part of it.

I got the same deed of guarentee from him. So it seems that they are fraud. Seelng all the mails and personal calls it seems to me genuine. I lost my 360 GBP as courier charge I have send to Nokia Nigeria and now they are asking me to send 1870 GBP for Inland Revenue Tax.

• So
      17th of Dec, 2007

I recived this massege form 13.dec 2007, help me!

Congratulation!

FOR MORE INFORMATION
    CALL US:+447045762840

• Re
      4th of Jan, 2008

i've received the same sms from Dr.Floyd and i need to know if this real or not?

• Sh
      19th of Jan, 2008

l have massege in my mobile my number is 0097153387476 they say l win 172000 pounds from nokia mobile promation department.l went know if lwin tree or not l witt for your anwers soon in my email.

• Al
      12th of Feb, 2008

THIS IS DEFENITLY A SCAM.

I got the same sms which says " CONGRATULATION! your mobile no. has won (GBP) 300,000.00 pounds in the ongoing NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. For claims, call +447045757563 & email: nokia-uk(at)europe.com"

So i sent 2 emails, one to the above and the other one to Nokia Care line in Middle east & Africa

The cheaters replied next day saying" Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. My names are Dr. Anthony Floyd. I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners on the Mobile sweepstake.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversary we rolled out over £16,000.000.00 (Sixteen Million Great British Pounds) for our 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25,000 company mobile numbers, and 30,000,000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and send the claims form below"
    I wish to on behalf of all members and staff of NOKIA congratulate you on your win and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 142nd Anniversary Draws.
    Yours faithfully,
    Dr. Anthony Floyd
    Tell:+44-704-575-7563
    :+44-704-575-4969
    Fax :+44-700-603-2060

BUT I DIDN'T FILL THE FORM OR SEND THEM ANY INFORMATIONS

On the other side Nokia Care Line - orginal company had replied to me within 48 hours saying " Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

Nokia hereby informs that the company has not initiated any telephone campaign to win cash or any other prizes related to the IMEI number of the mobile device owner. Nokia is investigating this issue and is committed to taking the necessary measures against the individuals which have made these fraudulent calls in the name of Nokia. Nokia feels sorry for any inconvenience caused by the phone calls our customers might have received.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Nokia Careline and speak to any of our Customer Service Executives on 8000-4100, between the hours of 9am and 8pm (local time), Saturdays to Thursdays. For online assistance, please visit ‘ASK Nokia’ at our website www.nokia.com.

Register with Nokia Connections and you will receive a bimonthly fun newsletter about the latest products and events. Click below to register.

Kind regards,

Sanaz Tehrani
    Nokia Careline
    Nokia Middle East & Africa

SO GUYS BE AWARE AND DO NOT CONTACT THESE CHEATERS AT ALL

• Jk
      22nd of Feb, 2008

I am also lost my money 575 GBP...
    I don't want to prosecute about this ...
    All I want is to find a good way to catch them who is cheating and living from the innocent people.They are not shame to cheat and eat by cheating...

Especially Nokia Company have to let know all the people about this defrudment...
    They are using their company name so that they have to responsible for this issue....

All the people are believed because of NOKIA company...

They are very bad and they should go to hell ..
    why the god let them to live in this world...
    they are rediculous and shouldn't live in the world

• Sn
      26th of Feb, 2008

i got a text message that i had won 182,000.00 pounds from nokia sweepstakes promo and emailed them, i gave info like my name and number, then i got a call from a man saying that hes Dr. Anthony Floyd and that im a winner and that i didnt sand a copy of my id or passport and should pay via western union for my courier service fee. i asked him about his accent when he went on about how hes american and now has british citizenship (it was a nigerian like accent). at that point i know it was a lie, i told him i have a problem with what hes saying and that i wasnt gonna send anything (im english and i live in qatar so i know what most accents sound like) and i know the fee for DHL and FEDEX. and its no way that much money (490 pounds), he said it was a spacial package bla bla bla and i told him i will only pay the fee once i see that package myself and theres no way i will just go to western union. he hung up in my face.
    i went online to check for the competition yesterday and when i didnt find it i know it was a scam, but i google searched it today, just now after that call and realised that so many ppl form everywhere got the same text message!

28th of Feb, 2008

This is a fresh one ! ! !

FROM THE DESK OF THE PROMOTION OFFICER,
    NOKIA MOBILE SWEEPSTAKES PROMO.
    CALLE CLAUDIO COELLO 41, 28001 MADRID,
    SPAIN.

Verification No: CN435-663-6
    Country: Bahraim

Date: 28th February 2008.

Congratulations!!! On behalf of NOKIA’S Staffs we hereby Congratulates you for your Mobile Phone Serial Number has won you the Sum of €170,000.00 (One Hundred and Seventy Thousand Euro) on the ongoing Nokia Promotion as one of our lucky winners, a Cheque has been issued under your name (Tareq Isa Almannai).

PICTURE OF YOUR CHEQUE PARCEL CONSIGNMENT THAT WILL BE DELIVER TO YOU:

All the necessary documents that are require to received your Winning Cash Prize are file along with your CHEQUE PARCEL CONSIGNMENT.

2. COURIER DELIVERY

Administrative: €220.00 (PAID)
    Time of delivery: 48hours
    Total: € 1000.00 pounds
    Note:

· All Beneficiaries are responsible for their Diplomatic CHEQUE DELIVERY CHARGES so as to gain authorization from the Spanish High Court Commission.
    · The insurance fee and administrative charges had been paid.
    · You are advice to contact this office if you are having any difficulties with the following proceedings.
    Payment for the Delivery Courier Service Charge has to be Pay to our Account Officer.

NAME: JOHN VICTOR
    ADDRESS: C. AUSIAS MARCH 19,
    POST CODE: 46006
    STATE: VALENCIA
    COUNTRY: SPAIN

Due to the time limit you are kindly advice to make the Payment through Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram.

Immediately the payment is made, please you are kindly advice to Call and Fax your Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram Receipt and a photocopy of your identification (Drivers license or Internation passport) to our HEADQUATER in London .

Tel: +44-704-578-6073
    Fax: +44-700-608-2668

Congratulations once again, please call after receiving this Email.
    Regards,

28th of Feb, 2008

this is unwanted mess

• Le
      6th of Mar, 2008

I too have received a notification of "winnings" in the amount of GBP700,000.00 in the NokiaUK Online Promo. Mine was from a Dr. James Kelvin, at +447045770551, email nokiapromo24hrs@uk2.net. I am from South Africa. I would like to thank all of you for preventing me from being duped!

• Ni
      17th of Mar, 2008

l have massege in my mobile my number is +919998889196 they say l win 850,000.000 euro from nokia mobile promation department.l went know if lwin tree or not l witt for your anwers soon in my email.

8th of Apr, 2008

name. qim harry .address.avda ausias marchia. madrid. spain . 0034677297420 . ...0034911814253. ...nokia6010@yahoo.com...congratuations..your mobile number has wo euro 170, 000.00 in the on going nokia mobile promo for claim coll .

8th of Apr, 2008

Hi I'm talal from kuwait I recieved msm from spain that I had won 170, 000 euro and they let me chose the delivery co. to send me my feak cheque . and they told me to send money for delivery I send 595 euro when they collect my money they reply to me you have to send 5100 euro for spanish government tax they are really gang . this the tel : 003467729420 fax : 0034911814253 . email nokia6010@yahoo.com

so be aware ...

• Ah
      13th of Apr, 2008

hello;

I'm Ahmad, yesterday I have received an sms from NOKIA claiming that I mobile number won 84.000 pounds in a, nokia promo. In the message that I received they told me to call +447045792044 or to contact the email:nokia84claims@yahoo.com. Honestly, I contact them both by calling the above number and sending an email to the above address.
    Later but on the same day I received an email from Mr Brown Parkis who claims that he is the Nokia Cash officer assigned to the winners on the mobile sweepstake. In his email he asked me to fill a form and to choose an option of delivery I want.
    Her I copy the email that I received, so be aware from such emails:
    "
    Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. I am Mr Brown Parkis the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners on the Mobile sweepstake.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversary we rolled out over 2, 000.000.00 (Two Million Great Britain Pounds) for our 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn form 25, 000 company mobile numbers, and 30, 000, 000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Great Britain, London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and send the claims form below for proper verification and to facilate Your Cheque.

Section A

Amount won (in figure) ?

Amount won (in words)

Section C
    **Internet
    Contact email address(s) 1.

Internet connection Home Work Public

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 142nd Anniversary Draws.

Note: Your mobile number tagged to your winning verification number is
    VERIFICATION NO.: CN-435-663-6

Every section on the form. to the best of your knowledge be correct so as to avoid any form of falsification which could render the form useless and might lead to disqualification.
    Note: that your funds have been insured and no deductions of any kind can be made on your funds due to the following reasons as follows below

(1) Funds has been Insured to an High Insurance policy that make it difficult to deduct from.
    (2) Beneficiary is the one to pay for any Imposed Charges against his/her funds.
    (3) The British Government stated in The BHC Law book 45-1 stanza 12, That winning funds should be remitted In exact value of amount won to winner.

YOUR WON PRIZE IS CONSISTING OF A NOKIA N95 SERIES MOBILE PHONE AND A SEALED WORLD BANK CHEQUE OF 84, 000 POUNDS ISSUED OUT IN YOUR NAME [ WHICH CAN BE CASHED AT ANY STANDARD BANK IN U.A. E ] AND ALL NOKIA ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES REGARDING THIS PROMOTION.

DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF MONEY COMING IN A CHEQUE TO YOU, IT CANNOT BE SENT TO YOUR LOCAL DELIVERY SO THATS IS WHY WE ARE GOING TO USE A DIPLOMATIC SERVICE DELIVERY FOR THE OPTION YOU HAVE CHOSEN, AND THIS DIPLOMATIC SERVICE WILL DELIVER YOUR PARCEL TO YOUR DOORSTEP AND TO WHOSE SIGNATORY IS ON THE NOKIA PAYMENT RELEASE FORM.

PAYMENT RELEASE FORM
    FORM NO. CN503/09
    _____________________________________________________

NAME:________________________________________
    Surname Middle name First name

WINNING MOBILE NUMBER_____________

VERIFICATION NUMBER_____________________________

DELIVERY OPTIONS
    PLEASE INDICATE THE SERVICE YOU CAN AFFORD CONVENIENTLY.
    OPTION 1:
    Courier of your winning draft to you via any of this channel listed below:

DHL

Mail Fee 410GBP [ ]

OPTION 2
    Bank To Bank Swift Transfer
    3 working day

Condition: The cost of COT (commission of transfer) being charged by our transferring bank, which is (1, 310 GBP ) of the cash being transferred will be paid by you(winner) which shall also be credited to your winning prize and it also refundable.

Please respond to this email by making a selection from the two options above.
    Your Name:

Your E -Mail Address:

Option One:
    Options Two:

Also be reminded that the deadline for the claiming is of winnings exactly one weeks after the receipt of this email. After this drawings period, your cash prize will be deemed to have been forfeited by you and will be re-used in the next edition of the Nokia Promo.

The charges are a little high because of the international shipping rate and the insurance cover we have Undertaken incase of loss, damage or theft of your highly sensitive document.We assume all responsibilities in-case of any eventualities.

NOTE THE FOLLOWING…
    THE INSURANCE FEE WILL BE PAID BY NOKIA INC.
    YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MAILING FEE 0F THE COURIER SERVICE YOU HAVE SELECTED AND THIS MUST BE PAID BEFORE DELIVERY IS MADE.

Delivery Address:
    __________________________________________________________________
    __________________________________________________________________

DECLARATION
    I __________________________________________ hereby confirm that all the information given above and attached copies of Identification is to the best of my Knowledge and is true and correct. Any tempering or falsification of the above data render this claim invalid and void.
    ______________________________
    date.
    Been aware of all this, you are hereby advised to send a scanned copy of your identification to us Via email.

Your Faithfully
    Mr Brown Parkis
    Tell +44-704-579-2044
    Congratulations once again.

Copyright 2008 Nokia.com.ng. All rights reserved
    ...
    ...
    This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). This email and its attachments may also be privileged or protected by legal rules. If you have received this by mistake please let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its attachments

• Ru
      23rd of Apr, 2008

I also received the same emai two days ago from a Mr. Anderson J. Maxwell who claims to be the Nokia Cash Officer. What caught my attention was the high cost of delivery because it does not cost that much to send a cheque in an envelope especially when the insurance cover has been paid for by Nokia. The other thing that made me suspicious was the fact that the insurance was paid for by Nokia but not the courier service.

In the circumstance I've asked them to pay for the courier and I'll reimburse them once I have recived my One Hundred and Sixty Five Thousand Great Britain Pounds. They thought that they could defraud/con me as well but little did they know that I had done my homework.

• Mo
      4th of May, 2008

Hello
    I'm mohammed, yesterday I have received an sms from NOKIA claiming that I mobile number won 170.000 Euro in a, nokia promo. In the message that I received they told me to call +34677297420 . or to contact the email:nokia601022@yahoo.com. Honestly, I contact them both by calling the above number and sending an email to the above address.
    Later but on the same day I received an email from Dr. ADREW JAMES who claims that he is the Nokia Cash officer assigned to the winners on the mobile sweepstake. In his email he asked me to fill a form and to choose an option of delivery I want.

PLEASE TELL ME It Is True or NOT

• Ni
      5th of May, 2008

BARCLAY CHAMBERS
    2a Barclay Road Leytonstone
    London, E11 3DG. Tel: +44 704 577 2863
    DEED OF GUARANTEE
    On this day 2nd of April 2008, I Barrister Chris Bailey the legal adviser to the NOKIA INC.
    herein guarantees
    Mrs Nikoleta Costa Nikolaou
    Winning Mobile No.: 99662333
    Verification No.: CN-335-663-6
    Country: Cyprus.
    The sole beneficiary of £172, 000.00 (One Hundred and Seventy Two Thousand Great
    British Pounds) in the ongoing Nokia Mobile Promo
    1. The above mentioned name is a legitimate winner of Nokia Mobile Promo and has
    the sole right to the won prize.
    2. The above mentioned name has the right to request for a disclaimer form if he or she
    is not interested in the won prize.
    3. Under Section 64(2) of the guarantee Act (Cap. 142) this guarantee is to be a
    continuing guarantee and is to continue binding until the beneficiary receives his/her
    won prize.
    4. For the avoidance of doubt, the beneficiary is hereby noted that the fee charges
    incurred in the course of receiving the won prize will be payable in Pound Sterling
    and Nokia will not be responsible for any currency fluctuations.
    5. This Deed and the Agreement hereunder shall be governed by and construed in
    accordance with the British Law
    This management hereby confirms that this letter of guarantee is
    prepared under the right state of mind.
    Regards
    Barr. Chris Bailey
    Legal Adviser.

5th of May, 2008

I had the same sms, but the amount was 172000, I send an e-mail, they replied with a form to be filled and submitt,

however, if they will ask for any amount to be paid for fedex, dhl...etc, i'll reply that I would like to come myself to their place to recive cash money instead of check or transfer

man it worth a trip to england, am I right!!?

I am sure that somebody from them now reading this, YOU WILL BE ARRESTED IF YOU R FRAUDS

• Dr
      10th of May, 2008

I HAVE RECEIVED SAME MESSAGE AND I FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTION AND I RECEIVED MY WON PRIZE, SO ALL WHAT DEY ARE SAYING IS A BIG LIE OKEY AND STOP SPOILING THE NAME OF THE COMPANY OKEY