nokia uk / SMS

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Sir, I have received an SMS that I have won GBP200, 000/- towards ongoing Nokia Mobile promotion and I have to contact them on +[protected] and email address: nokia.[protected]@europe.com, please comment if this is true or a scam.

Tu

Comments

• Gi
      20th of Apr, 2008

Received a SMS on 19th April, 2008 saying "CONGRATULATION! your mobile no. has won 165, 000 pounds in the ongoing Nokia Uk promotion.For claims, tel:+447045754240 or email : [protected]@hotmail.com"

I've send them an e mail asking them what to do claiming the prize.
    Was answered by telling me "Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. My names are Mr Anderson .J. Maxwell I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners on the Mobile sweepstake."

And next mail was to fill in a release form from nokia what I've done. Rules and regulations was send...

This is still continuing despite so many complaints here...

• As
      22nd of Apr, 2008

yes i hav olso receivd a similar sms sayin dat i hav won 165000 pounds n 2 claim the amount i must email to

promotion.[protected]@yahoo.com
    ph: +447045751693

the msg came from an international number
    which was
    +2347087259850

could someone please clarify this whether they should be contacted for this o a direct complaint be submitted to nokia uk

24th of Apr, 2008

I resived an sms telln me i won 190, 000. pounds for claims call 44 704 575b7563 email [protected]@europe.com im from bahrain.

• Ni
      29th of Apr, 2008

• Ta
      1st of May, 2008

hi Dear I have received a sms from nokia u.k my mobile number has won 190, 000.00 pounds in the ongoing nokia mobile promo for claims Please give me more information i Received a SMS on 28th April, 2008

• Ta
      2nd of May, 2008

how can i get the money please olso ef no mony teel mey

• Si
      6th of May, 2008

Hi Dear I have received a sms 2nd of May 2008 and I called them from same mobile no which they said won mobile no. they ask me to send courier details and I send also after two days I have received this below mail from them. so totally cheating

FROM THE DESK OF THE PROMOTION OFFICER,
    NOKIA MOBILE SWEEPSTAKES PROMO.
    RAFAEL CALVO 42, 28010 MADRIDMADRID,
    SPAIN.

UNITED KINGDOM ( UK ) / SPANISH ALLIANCE NOKIA SUBSCRIBERS PROMOTION.

To,
    Mr.Siraj Rajmohamed .
    Verification No: CN435-663-0
    Country: U.A.E
    Date: 6TH May, 2008.

Congratulations!!! On behalf of UNITED KINGDOM(UK)/SPANISH NOKIA’S Staffs we hereby Congratulates you on your Mobile Phone Serial Number has won you the Sum of €197, 000.00 (One Hundred and NinetySeven Thousand Euros) on the ongoing UNITED KINGDOM(UK)/SPANISH Nokia Promotion. A Cheque has been issued under your name ( Mr.Siraj Rajmohamed )

PICTURE OF YOUR CHEQUE PARCEL CONSIGNMENT THAT WILL BE DELIVER TO YOU:

All the necessary documents that are require to receive your Winning Cash Prize are file along with your CHEQUE PARCEL CONSIGNMENT.
    You are kindly advice to select any of the courier delivery service that will be suitable for you to recieve your CHEQUE in your door step.Beneficiaries are responsible for the courier delivery charge selected.The payment has to be make through the officer Name below.

COURIER DELIVERY OPTIONS
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEDEX EXPRESS
    Courier Charges: € 595.00
    Insurance: €1, 500.00 (PAID)
    Administrative: €160.00(PAID)
    Time of delivery: 84hours
    Total: € 560.00 Euro.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPS COURIER
    Courier Charges: € 590.00
    Insurance €1, 300.00 (PAID)
    Administrative: €290.00(PAID)
    Time of delivery: 96hours
    Total: € 590.00 Euro.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNITED STATE POSTAL SERVICE
    Courier Charges: €1000.00
    Insurance €1, 300.00 (PAID)
    Administrative: €220.00(PAID)
    Time of delivery: 48hours
    Total: € 1000.00 Euro.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Note:

· All Beneficiaries are responsible for their Diplomatic CHEQUE DELIVERY CHARGES so as to gain authorization from the Spanish High Court Commission.
    · The insurance fee and administrative charges had been paid.
    · You are advice to contact this office if you are having any difficulties with the following proceedings. Payment for the Delivery Courier Service Charge has to be Pay to our Account Officer.

NAME: LINDA IYOBO,
    ADDRESS: CALLE PIO XII 12,
    POST CODE: 56015,
    STATE: VALENCIA .
    COUNTRY: SPAIN .

Due to the time limit you are kindly advice to make the Payment through Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram.
    Immediately the payment is made to the account officer in charge of cheque delivery, please you are kindly advice to Call and Fax your Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram Receipt and a photocopy of your identification (Drivers license or Internation passport) to our HEADQUATER in Madrid as an evidence of your CHEQUE delivery payment.

Tel: +34-911-011-958
    Fax: +34-911-011-958
    Congratulations once again, please call after receiving this Email.
    Regards,
    Yours faithfully,

Dr. Pepe Woode
    TEL: +34-665-454-628
    FAX: +34-911-010-858

Copyright ©2008 Nokia. All rights reserved.
    ...
    This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). This email and its attachments may also be privileged or protected by legal rules. If you have received this by mistake please let us know by reply immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying or forwarding the contents.

• Si
      6th of May, 2008

My uncle also received a text towards the end of march, 2008 telling him that he won $165 GBP. It had the same details as Asif(the email address and phone number). The person who sent the text was anderson maxwell, the nokia cash officer.

The weird thing is that we are in fiji, a small island in the pacifc and to receive a text all the way from the u.k is unrealsitic, especially concernign such a large sum of money.

Just to note he also attached his passport as his identification, which i don't know is real or fake;

Can someone please tell me is this a scam or not???

• Ad
      11th of May, 2008

I received an SMS on Sunday morning 11 May 2008 saying that" Congratulations!! Your mobile number has won 120, 000 Pounds in the Ongoing Nokia Promo. For Claim call: +447031906376 or Email: [protected]@live.com

• Ad
      11th of May, 2008

First I send them an E mail and then I called them back and the Gentleman told me to send him an E-mail I replied that I have already send send you one E-mail. Plz somebody should advice how to proceed further? and What shoul I Do?

12th of May, 2008

At 23:36 pm on 21 April 2008 I resaved SMS massage on my mobile from mobile # +2347083801631 and he said

(Congratulations!!! Your mobile just won you
    £ 450, 000 in the World Mobile Promo call Mr. Tony Jones for claims +447041147667 or [protected]@yahoo.com)

(Congratulations!!! Your mobile just won you

• At
      12th of May, 2008

i recevd an e-mail on my mobile reguarding some draw

14th of May, 2008

Yesterday night i have a call from a number that was +2348057898483 and then a massege telling me my mobile number has just won for me146000 GBP in Nokia mobile promo in U.K. i refered to international codes and found this code belongs to Nijeria in Africa, i phoned the number and he told me to e-mail him and recieved an e-mail telling me to fill a form attached to the massege, the form was not editable so i e-mailed him, then he told me to fill this form in the compose page in my e-mail and he will instruct me about the delivery fees and asked me for a scanned copy of my I.D. documents.Would any body tell me what is this sort of game? i recommend that Nokia will announce any explanation comments regarding this subject.

14th of May, 2008

I received sms from gsm uk lott telling me your phone number won 800000 in gsm winning cotact mr Tayler
    [protected]@yahoo.co.uk . is it true

• Ag
      17th of May, 2008

i recieved an sms that i won 165, 000 pounds.I just want to clarify how true is it.please send me email as soon as posible.thank you

20th of May, 2008

i don't know what to actually think because that is a large sum of money and i need more proofs. Why can't that person call personally and tell you the details about the money you have just won...if that is REAL!!!

• Ha
      22nd of May, 2008

I recieved sms said i am one of 40 winners of the sum of 250000gbp and the id number is uk5870n, can u please tell me anything about that, and by the way i send you an mail on the address that you gave it to me.

25th of May, 2008

I recieved sms from this is #002347085636855 said congratulation my call phone has won 165000 thousand pounds in the ongoing Nokia uk promo. please can you send me more informion about that on my E-mail address . if thats real.
    thanks

• Mu
      26th of May, 2008

I ve got a same sms from #002347085636855 saying that my cell has won me 165, 000 GBP. i mailed them they replied to the congratulating me and asked me to fill a form and mail them back i filled the form and then they mailed me back mentioned a varification code. and then they sent me another form and asked me to print the form chose one of the delivery optionsa from Fedex. DHL. or UPS and they also said tht i ll be payin the delivery charges. ok i sent them my passport copy and i also filled and scaned and sent the form back. i got another mail saying that my prize is approved by the management and they ve forwarded the cheque of 165, 000 GBP to DHL and i ll get it within 72 hours. and they also mentioned that the cheque they are sending me is an international banking cheque i just ve to give this cheque in any bank and i ll get my money transfered in my account within 24 hours. OK its been 48 hrs i m still waiting for the DHL ppl to call me. But i ve sum doubts in my mind. 1. if its a nokia promotion why is this guy having an hotmail account why not [protected]@nokia.com., No2. if they are sending me a cheque of 165, 000 GBP why cant they pay the delivery charges. and i ve to pay 490 GBP which is equal to an air ticket to UK for a delivery of just one cheque. isnt it wiered, No.3 lets say i get a parcel which is empty what benifit will tht peron get as i m paying the DHL ppl not sending money to tht guy. I m confused at the moment as i m desperately in need of a money. and i m taking a loan from a friend to pay this delivery charges. can sum1 please guide me for this??? i ll be really thankful
    Xaami