Nokia / mobile phone

1 ME, India Review updated:

Dear sir,
let me introduce first. my name is k. gopalakrishna pillai and I bought a new nokia 1600 mobile phone hardly six months before. unfortunately, now the mobile is not working. since the guarantee period of my mobile is not over, I visited the nearest nokia care which is situated at kollam, kerala (i bought the hand set from the same shop). but the service they offered in my case was extremely unsatisfactory and they hesitated to check the mobile properly to explore the fault associated with it. they were simply putting forth shear absurdities and arguing that those might be the reason behind the malfunctioning of the hand set. they are saying that substantial amount of water enter inside the phone and that caused the damage. I used to carry mobile in my pocket and most of the time I will be traveling by my own car. I agree that moisture from my body might have spread on the outer body of the hand set. but there is no chance to enter inside. they finally made the comment that they can’t service or replace the hand set. I have to pay the maintenance and service fee to repair it!!!. I was very reluctant to do this as I am expecting the full value of my money. but, as being a business man, the mobile phone is inevitable to me. so I had to agree that I would pay the maintenance fee. this irresponsible attitude of the concerned people is just like a customer torturing and this can not be endured for a customer like me who is still having deep routed faith in the good will and customer service of nokia. I request you earnestly for your quick intervention in this matter. I would be grateful if you can ensure that these kinds of bitter experiences from your regional officers can be avoided in present and future. I am adding the shop and product details here.

Cell world,
Unity building,
1st floor, near nn brothers, kollam (from here I bought the hand set)

Head set details - model - 1600, product code - 0525392
Head set no. imei [protected]
Service centre details - job sheet no [protected]/[protected]
Service centre code & ndash; asc [protected],

hope you will do the needful at the earliest.
Thanking you
hopefully

k. gopalakrishna pillai

Comments

• Pr
      24th of Nov, 2007

Justifiable .... do immediate action.

• Ke
      4th of Oct, 2008

i have a nokia 3230 mobile phone with symbian OS recently when i power it on it shows nokia then trips off then fews seconds later it turn on again only to show nokia again an again and again. what do i do.

• Sn
      24th of Mar, 2009

I too have same experience with Nokia company. I think this is not a trustworthy product. I purchased Nokia 3110 C from Mobile store In pune. My mobile details are as follows product code 0550573 ESN/ IMEI number 355728022047432 . i purchased this phone in August 2008. Last 15-20 days i had problem regarding ringing volume and Mp3 volume. Since the mobile was still under warranty i took it to Nokia service centre Aksahy Care Shop No 4, 5 D gold house Behind Petrol Pump Dnyaneshwar Paduka Chowk F. C. Road. Shivaji nagar Pune. I explained to the counter person regarding ringing volume, even before checking they said i might have dropped the mobile, or water might have entered the hand set. i insisted that there was no water enrty or Drooping. I still doubt their checking method, they said that there is water entry hence no warranty. they very well knew that i was in bad need of mobile. Grudgingly i left the phone with the Nokia service on 19.03.2009, on 23.03.2009 some person called from Nokia and said that they need to up date software some data may be lost or they are not sure whether the phone will work again. Their charges are Rs505 for Service spares extra, testin charges Rs112, when they are charginf Rs505 as service charge where isa the question of testing cahrges. This nothing but exploiting the customers. through this comments i request to be careful before buying Nokia phones. Previously i was using Motorola Basic model C116 which is very reliable. Nokia phones are notmeant for use with bare hands as claimed by Nokia Service, because the wet ness of your hands may enter the inside of the phone you will lose warranty.

BEWARE OF Nokia------------ Not OK for India S. Nagaraj Email; nagaraj_sundaraj@hotmail.com

14th of May, 2009

Sir, I am also a customer of Nokia phones from 2006 and I had updated my phones regularly according to the new market trends. I had never come across any difficulties with those phones yet. And for the service segment of Nokia phones I was extremely happy and satisfied with the way they helped.

I am also a resident of Kollam and I had purchased almost 4 to 6 phones from the same shop, Cell world, Kollam mentioned above. If Mr. K.Gopalakrishna Pillai has encountered such a service problem with the service center, I guess there is some truth with what they have told. Because the people in the Nokia care center are all well trained by the Nokia itself and moreover the company has no intentions in cheating a valuable customer.

Unfourtunately your case will be a very rare issue (one in ten thousands) to be happened. I think you have to consult with the Nokia care center in other districts too. Let us see what they have to say about it.

18th of Feb, 2010

that is right thing please consult Other Care Center.

• E5
      23rd of Jan, 2012

i have lots problem in my E5 only 8months cell thise is my 3rd complaine about my cell

• La
      6th of Feb, 2012

Am 49 years of age and self employed.