Nokia - Aptec Mobiles / worst service ever!!!

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

I have bought a NOKIA 7210 as a gift to my little sister since 281008 and after only three days the screen started to go up and down and shaking like hell!! in addition, i found out that the speaker is not properly working so, when I got my self free I went to the same shop which is located in Dubai in Al Ghurair Shopping Mal " APREC MOBILE " on 22/11/08 and the same sales person said to me " well…. This is your fault and you were supposed to deliver the mobile within three days, if you did so, we would have replaced it with a new one " and I informed the guy that you have not informed me in any way and there is nothing mentioned in the booklets….!!!

He said, well…. This is well known in the world! I was like.. no…!! The well known is 30 days (for refund or exchange)

Anyway, he promised to fix it within a max a week and I left home.

A week later, I called the guy and he recognized me because I am from the same nationality I guess… and said: Well I don't have any idea about your phone and I will have to check with the service center & I will call you right away…

He did not call back for 2 days!!

I called back the shop and he said… well… your phone is still in the Service Center because it has a SERIOUS ISSUE >!?>

I said to him, no way.. this is a new mobile and you told me this might be a software issue only.. he said..well..I will call you tom for sure

Of course he did not call me back.

Next day, when he did not call… I called the shop again and a lady picked up and when I identified my self.. she was like… we are calling the Service Center on daily basis!!! And she was really defensive!! and I said to her, May I speak to the guy…. She said.. ok…
When he was on the phone, I said to him, listen up… I am fed up with your false promises and really sick of your liars.. when I am going to get my phone back?!!?! He said…. Please respect me and keep on the respect limits, so I answered him back, well.. if you were respecting you're word I would not be that upset and would not be calling your shop to follow up which is not my job to do!!!
He said.. ok, I will call you tom…of course he did not.

So I started to call the Service Center 800 4402 it self and the worse become, , ,

I have spoken with Shyla, Service Manager of Nokia " Mohammed " Service Manager of Ericson " Ashraf " and as the end I was promised that I will be contacted by the manager Ms. Rana and I never heard a word from those liars. At this stage, I was asking Mohammed & Ashraf for a new mobile because I have faced the worst service ever and I got a broken mobile from their shop, and they said they will raise this issue to the concerned people in Nokia and I never heard anything!!!

So, I called Nokia, and told my story last week and promised to call me back within 2 days, and no one called.

I called Aptc center, and that Shyla said in a very simple way… Madam, your mobile is in the shop since 2 days!!!

To be honest, I never saw my self Mad like that and all the evil in the ward was in me at that moment!! Why they did not call me? Why they are fooling me? Why they are promising with the best and the worst is being giving?!!?!??!?!?!?!!?!

I said clearly in Arabic and English, I want a new mobile and I do not want this to be fixed!!! Is this so difficult to understand?!?!?!?!

So, I called Nokia again last Thursday and I was promised AGAIN with the best service and they begged me to trust them and at the end….. I did not receive a call ..

So, I was provided with the WORST SERVICE EVER BY NOKIA SERVICE CENTER AND APTEC MOBILES MANAGEMENT.

Very Dissapointed Customer

Comments

• Ho
      7th of Jan, 2009

I completely agree with the above customer's complain. I bought a Nokia N81 from Alghurair Aptec mobile shop and while selling the salesman was very sweet indeed and a good talker who talked me into buying this phone. Since I was quite excited on buying a Nseries slide phone, I took it home and read all the specifications and did not use the phone or unpack it until 2 days. On the 2nd day, I charged it and very carefully started using it. However, when I wanted to send sms, I noticed that the slider was lose and also the back cover was making a sound as if it was not firm. I took it to Aptec mobiles after 1 week as I was busy in the office. When I went to them they said that they would send it to their service center in Oud Metha road and it would take 2 weeks to fix it minimum. When I told him to give me a new phone, he said the same story that i should have brought it back within 3 days. How would I know that unless somebody told me this or unless it is printed somewhere?????? The manager of the shop told me that all Nokia slide phones were loose and no need to worry. I also told them to show me a new phone and it was very firm, so my phone was indeed faulty. I then took the phone to Oud Metha service center myself and they said they would keep it for 2 weeks. After pleading with them they said that it would take one week. After calling them again and again, I finally complaint to their oversees toll free number and the guy told me that if it is not fixed in a day or two, I should contact him again. I went to Oud Metha and the lady there told me that my phone was repaired. however, when I checked it is still loose, I as so fed up that I just took the phone and came home.
    Please never buy your phone from Aptec mobile. They are totally useless, their customer service personnel are also useless and their salesmen are hopeless.
    Thank you for reading this. I am sure there are many people in the same situation as me and the writer above.

• Al
      22nd of Feb, 2009

100% true... THIS SERVICE CENTER must be banned...
    I don't have to write in details as the whole situation is very similar to mine...

• Fo
      24th of Mar, 2009

I am another extremely disappointed customer of Aptec mobiles in Dubai, UAE.

I purchased a mobile phone (Nokia N73), with a five year warranty agreement from Aptec on 26 Sep 2006. I began facing some issues with the phone, which are fixed free of charge under the warranty period. When I took me phone to Aptec, they said my warranty has expired, since my phone was purchased over an year ago and all five-year warranties issued in the past no longer apply!

I will re-attempt to get the issue resolved. If it doesn't work out, I inted to seek legal assistance, since I have a 5 year warranty card issued and sealed by Aptec.

Fouad Rafiq