Nokia 7610 / poor service by nokia company

1 India Review updated:

This is the letter which i had send to Nokia Mobile Company regarding my Mobile Phone but no one from
Nokia company is giving me proper response.

I Sanjay Dhyani being customer of Nokia Phone for the last six years had purchased Nokia 76l0 set on 22.10.2005. Few months back, display fluctuation fault was noticed for which I visited the Nokia Care Center, Karnal for rectification of the fault 27.9.2006 but I was told that they do not have display in their stock thus I should visit after a week. They also assured me that the set would be repaired in warranty. Thus, I again visited the Center on 4.l0.2006 but the told that still the display was not available. In view of urgency I requested them for early repair thus they opened the set and the job sheet was prepared in which they mentioned the fault as Water Inside whereas neither any such fault was noticed at any stage during the use of set by me nor I made any such complaint. When I further asked them as to how water can come inside, I was told by them that it could be the form of moisture about which also they were not sure. However, they are refusing to repair the set under warranty whereas the set is still in the warranty period till 21.10.2005.

It is highly regretted that the Care Center of highly reputed Nokia company is not providing satisfactory service to its customers and trying to mis-guide the consumer on one pretext or the other to avoid the repair with in warranty period. In case the set has absorbed moisture from the atmosphere thus caused functional defect, that amounts to manufacture defect may that be under warranty period or other wise also which needs to be rectified in the best interest of the Nokia otherwise the sets are likely to loose the consumers confidence in the Nokia Phone Sets.

I, thus humbly request you to please direct the care center for its immediate repair under warranty under intimation to me so that I could visit the Care center accordingly. Job sheet detail is as under:

Product Code - 0517282
Model - 7610
IMEI Number - [protected]
Service Job Sheet No. -
[protected]/061004/1(Dated:-04.10.2006)
Service Center - Shri Nath Ji Comm.
Nehru Place, Karnal

Comments

22nd of Sep, 2006
    Nokia 7610 - Technical problem and no reply
    India

Message to Nokia: further i have given my mobile phone thrice to your service center, earlier u took 16 days to repair the same, again after a week it was creating the same problem. i given it back to you- it took 8 days to repair, (kindly note the days). the moment we took the mobile in our hand at ur service center - again it got down, it happened today itself, i dont know why u people kept it for so many days. now again the mobile is with you for repair - for approx 8 days or so. coz of this i am not carrying any mobile from past one month, its warranty is going to expire on 3.10.06. therefore sir, i request you this time to make it repair properly or issue me a new mobile as the rules under warranty.

hope you can understand!
    awaiting ur earliest reply in this regard.

many thanks
    jiya

• Pa
      29th of Sep, 2006
    Nokia 7610 - Keys do not work
    India

I had given my Nokia mobile (7610) to the Nokia care center (Solectron centrum electronics limited,R.P. Road, Secunderabad) for repair on 9/9/2006.

Many keys on my mobile werent working. I was tolde to contact the Nokia care center after 2 days to find out the progress. When I called after 2 days, I was told that the keypad needs to be changes. Since they didnt have the keypad in store, they would get it. I was then asked to call after 2 days.

When I called again after 2 days to find out if the keypad got replaced, I was again turned down saying that the replacement is yet to arrive.

Since then whenever I call, I am asked to call after a period of 2 days. I really fail to understand as to why they are taking such a long time to get the replacement. Does it happen to be such a great and complex component that they need to procure it from some foreign land? I hope not.

Moreso when I expressed my desire to talk to the Nokia care center manager for escalating my problem, I was simply refused by the person on the call, saying that the call cant be forwarded to the manager.

I have been really disheartned by such a poor response from Nokia care. I would request the concerned authorities to do the needful.

My Job id is IN1200-060915716-001

• Rs
      12th of Oct, 2006
    Nokia 7610 - Defective hand set
    India

I have got a defective phone set from Nokia. Within 8 months of purchase, its memory card and battery were replaced by service centre. Now the phone is not getting switched on and lying with service centre for last forty (40) days. The latest job sheet number is 085343506/060929/38 dated 29.9.2006.

Can any one help getting redressal from Nokia

Dr R Sarin

• Ra
      22nd of Nov, 2006
    Nokia 7610 - Dot on Display of Handset
    India

I had purchased a new Nokia Handset Model No. 7610, on Ist November 2006 from Ambika Enterprises, SCO No 42, Sector 11, Panchkula, Haryana(India). After two days i noticed a dot in the display of the mobile, for which I went to the dealer. He asked me to go to Nokia Mobile Care Centre. I went there and showed them my the problem in the mobile. They asked me to leave the mobile with them and they said that its a display problem and they will change the display.I handed over the mobile to them. They gave me a job sheet bearing Number 115343506/061111/34 on date 11.11.2006. After i took over the phone from. On that day I didnt see any dot. Next day i again started facing the same problem. I went to them again, and showed the problem to them. Again they said that, its a display problem and they wil change it. They gave me another Job sheet bearing number 115343506/061122/28 dated 22.11.2006. Same they said that we will change the display and according to them they had replaced the display. Now when they changed it (as per their statement), i didnt see any dot for about half an hour, and wen i returned home, I again started seeing the same dot.

Now my question is as to what i should do? Its a sheer harrassment to the consumer. Whatever is the problem? I am suffering. My handset has been opened twice, and i think it is decreasing the life span of the Handset and i have been suffering in this regard. I dont want any service, but i want my handset changed. Such dealers, Nokia Care centers are bringing bad name to such a reputed company of Nokia.

Rashmi chauhan

17th of Dec, 2006

I had purchased a Nokia 7610 from your shop located at A-78, Sector 2,
    Noida 201301 on 4th January 2006 vide invoice num.: SLC~611~05 1200 1638
    Dt. 04/01/2006 for Rs. 13805/-

The said set is giving problem as some keys have stopped working and so I took the same to a Nokia Care at 1 Chandni Chowk, Kolkata 700 072. Upon presenting your invoice they said that the warranty is not valid and they are asking Rs. 1450/- for repairing the set. They are mentioning that the dealer (you) have gave me an obsolete set and hence
    they are not supposed to repair it under warranty.

Currently i am at Kolkata and it won't be possible for me to visit Noida and speak to you and get the same rectified there. Furthermore all Nokia sets are covered under Countrywide warranty.

This is a case of cheating on part of consumer!

• Ra
      21st of May, 2007
    Nokia 7610 - Frustrated for above mobile phone

Re:

1. Manager ,
    The NOKIA CARE .

2. Proprietor : M/s – Jagannath Enterprisers (NOKIA CARE )
    Dolomundai, Cuttack 753001.

3.M/S Mobil India / Samal Traders .
    At- New Bus Stand , Kendrapara
    Po/P.S/Dist – Kendrapara .

Sub: Advocate’s Notice Concerning “NOKIA-7610” Black/blue bearing ESN / IMEL Number – 352273011094619

I on behalf of my client named & addressed above place the following grievance before you for an early consideration.

1. That, the Noticee No- 3 is dealing with the sale & service of NOKIA Mobile phone at Kendrapara.

2. That, my client purchased a NOKIA mobile phone bearing model No- 7610 black/blue and IMEI number 352273011094619 from notice No. 3 on dt. 31.12.06 for his personal use. The said mobile handset was warranted for a period of 12 months from the date of sale.

3. That, unfortunately the said mobile handset didn’t function at all and could not provide service for which my client placed the said handset for its repair in worthy functioning at the business premises of notice NO. 3 who then placed the said mobile with the notice No. 2, which is the authorized service Center of NOKIA CARE and accordingly the notice No. 2 issued job sheet bearing No. 256434038/070407/20 dt. 07.04.07.

4. That, in spite of necessary repairings taken up by the notice No. 2 the mobile phone also didn’t operate and therefore on dt. 9.5.07 the said mobile was again placed with notice No. 2 by my client and accordingly Job sheet No. 256434038/070509/33 was issued in favor of my client. It is important to mention here that, the said mobile handset is well within the warranty period.

5. That, it is a matter of regret that, the said mobile phone has not yet been repaired nor replaced by your authorized NOKIA CARE Service Center, i.e. the notice No. 2. Although my client has gone to Cuttack Several Times and approached the authorities of notice No. 2, he did not pay any heed ; for which my client was sustained serious mental agony and financial loss.

Under the aforesaid circumstances I request you on behalf of my client that, his handset be replaced with a new one within 15 days from the date of receipt of this notice, otherwise my client will be constrained to approach proper court of law and you will be held responsible for all costs and consequences thereof.

• Mo
      26th of May, 2007

Re: Nokia

I mohammed rashed hussain working in a hcl (hindustan computers limited) rajkamal electronics in chikkadpally near r t c "x" road, hyderabad.500 013. And also we are dealing with only nokia brand in our show room.

I mohammed rashed hussain, my daily sales of nokia mobiles in our show room is minimum 4 handsets daily,

Finally i decided to purchase nokia mobile 7610 and i purchase nokia mobile 7610 in our show room on 28/03/2007 warranty is till 27/03/2008 my nokia mobile 7610 imei no :- 352273013212870, after purchasing nokia mobile 7610 i am fasing few problems in my handset is restarting, hanging, and lowring tone volume.

Then i given my handset in nearest nokia care in navdeep mobiles in chikkadpally they upgrated my mobile software upto 10 times and again i am fasing same problem in my handset nokia 7610.

Again i visit to nokia care navdeep mobiles in chikkadpally on 24/04/2007 my job no is 5489 they are taken my mobile to service, they send my mobile to one more nokia care solectron centum electronics limited, in rp road, secendurabad. They kept my mobile for long time and they replace my nokia mobile 7610 with another 7610 mobile and given back to navdeep mobiles they are given me back my mobile on 25/05/2007, saying that we are replace your nokia mobile 7610 with new nokia mobile 7610 and given me.

On 25/05/2007 morning i received my mobile from navdeep mobiles my new nokia mobile 7610 new imei no :- 357070001816083, now i am fasing one more new problem that after switch on mobile display is ok and after one minute display is blank i am unable to see any thing but i am receiving all call but i cant see the display, if i switch off and switch on the mobile display is working and after one minute same problem i am fasing. And this nokia 7610 mobile is not new this mobile is already used some one that customer name is (anees) how i know is in bluetooth name is anees.

And again i went direct to nokia care solectron centum electronics limited in rp road, secundurabad. I met with mr. Pradeep he is a nokia care manager of solectron centum electronics limited, he sad i take your mobile to solve this problem and he taken my nokia mobile 7610 imei no :- 357070001816083 and now my job id no :- in1200-070411508-001 on 22/05/2007, he given back my mobile on 24/05/2007 saying that your mobile display is replaced with new display.

This is the way which you people are doing in nokia care and nokia, i am the dealer of nokia mobiles for me i am am fasing this all problems and i am unable to solve my nokia 7610 mobile problem, how can suggest to people to go with nokia mobiles now i am suggesting to my customers that go with samsung or motorola mobiles becouse they have good service and good servicing centers atleast they wont froud with the people, saying that we are replace your mobile with a new mobile.

Since that day in our show room we sold miximum 15mobiles in a month, i am diverting all customers to motorola or samsung mobiles phones.

If you peoples are not change my nokia mobile 7610 with a new mobile i am going to case on nokia in froud case, replacing the handset.

With in 3 days you peoples not taken any serious action on 31/05/2007 of this month watch deccan cronicle daily news paper in complaint box my complaint on nokia.

NOKIA CARE ADDRESS :-
    PHONE NOS:- 040-65224589/09346336143.

--> SOLECTRON CENTUM ELECTRONICS LIMITED
    7-2-609&610,
    RASHTRAPATHI ROAD,
    SECUNDERABAD- AP - 500 003.
    PHONE NOS:- 040-32981914/15.

HYDERABAD - 500 020.
    PHONE NO:- 40045949/23445344

• Am
      18th of Aug, 2007
    Nokia 7610 - The worst service!
    India

I had bought a Nokia 7610 and the very next month I gave it to Nokia Care Centre for repair due to some problem in the handset. Its been 4 months & I still have not received the handset from the company.

Now this is the very good example of the bad product & the worst service from a company.

Can anyone help me out by giving me their contact details or email address or help me out in any way???

• Ha
      26th of May, 2008

mera name happy chawla aur maine apna nokia 1600
    mobile kho diya par mein apna mobile wapis lena chahta hu mera imei no - 359354001976867
    item- 0043414

• Ha
      26th of May, 2008

LAKHISARAI BIHAR PLS HELP ME I AM POOR MEN AND I AM I AM USE FIRST TIME MOBILE BUT I AM MY MOBILE NOKIA 1600 PLS HELP ME NOKIA PROVIDER
    IMEI NO- 359354001976867

• Ay
      12th of Oct, 2009
    Nokia 7610 - theft
    in Hyderabad
    002@gmail.com

sir i have lost nokia 7610 since 6 months but i haven't known about this web site my imei no is 356965014283307
    Your name:vinay kumar mohanty
    Address:d-no-14-442, gopalapatnam, visakhapatnam-530027, india.
    Phone model:nokia7610

• Mm
      3rd of Apr, 2010
    Nokia 7610 - How can I get the money
    Nokia

I received a an sms saying that Nokia has choosen my number and that I won 154, 000 sterling pound . This is the second year you tell me this story .
    How can we get the money if it's true .

• Sh
      24th of May, 2011

My phone is loosed some where in allappuzha