Nikon D700 Camera Body / false advertizing

Phone: 888-313-Photo (7468)

I have placed an online order for this Nikon D700 – Body advertised on the company web site for $1899.00. There are confidential information being reviled to the discretion of the company in hope the order goes through for instance: credit card info, etc. I got en email confirming my order. The next day a representative called up and after realizing that he won’t be able to add/sell anything else simply hang up on me. I don’t care about his manners – that’s his problem but the company’s false advertising should not be tolerated. In my opinion merchants that promote false advertising should be removed.

Comments

• Da
      10th of Aug, 2008

You know that the camera sells for something like $3k, right?

What kind of an idiot would try to buy a D700 for $1899.00 in August 2008?

• St
      22nd of Sep, 2008

I found 2 retailers advertising the D700 for $1899 when the best you'll get is in the $3000 area from a REAL dealer.
    Still, I have to disagree with the inital post in that this should not be allowed to go on.
    It IS false/misleading advertising and I would suspect bordering on theft/fraud. Yes it's too good to be true, yes people should be smarter but DEFINITELY they should be dealt with harshly IMO.

• Jb
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Agreed. Who wouldn't be looking for a great deal in the first place? The consumer should not be held responsible for shady dealings and businesses who's ulterior motives are to get you to buy more product. If that is the case, then it should be stated up front... similar to the offers for free cameras and other products. They tell you upfront that you will need t purchase other services or credit card offers to qualify. However, if one does the research, then it would be found that the D700 is much more, which should prompt more questions from the buyer. IMO