Nikonnikon don't stand behing its products

We purchased a digital Nikon camera for our son in September for his birthday. Two months later the lens got stucked. We were unable to use the camera. Best Buy, were we bought the camera, was kind enough to print a copy of the receipt and we mailed the camera back to Nikon. They send us a bill to fix the camera for 105.59, the price we paid for the camera. They did not honor the warranty that should be ok for one year.

I advise everyone to never buy a camera from Nikon. It certainly is my last time. There are many brands out there, why settle for one that does not stand by their brand and cannot wait to stick their hands in your pocket three months later...

• Jp
    JPSB Oct 28, 2009

Hi
    I think SONY is better than Nikon, recently i had purchased a Nikon S230 insted of a sony W230. I thought Nikon would be better than SONY, but I was wrong the Images from Nikon S230 is very very very bad, the images looks like as if they were taken from a VGA Camera. I complained the same to Nikon they replied back saying that " I dont know how to take photos". The Auto scene selection mode is totally useless. I think we need to go for SONY insted of Nikon, now even sony has come up with DSLR Cameras.

• Po
    pops May 26, 2009

I sent in my L16 for repairs. Still under warranty!!! The LCD screen is only showing all white. But still works. First Nikon approved the repair. Then just a day later, they reported water damage at my fault. So, now they want to charge me $117 for the repair. That is MORE than what I paid for the camera NEW, including tax!!! So, I am now disputing their decision. There is no water damage!!! I will post back their final decision "soon".

• Av
    Avinash Lewis Dec 04, 2008

I got a Nikon L18 screen got broken after 1month and for replaceing LCD they r asking money more than the new camera...and not ready to give the part so that i can replace...

My advice never buy cameras from nikon, they cheat! for a Rs4800 camera they are asking Rs5200. except for LCD the camera is working fine...for people in nikon Dont take customers for ride...