Nikon Coolpix s4000 — warranty issues
I returned my Nikon Coolpix s4000 to Nikon Inc to have them repair my camera. It was returned to the company because the lens was stuck. When I turned the camera on, I would get a message:" Lens Error." I purchased the camera in March 2011, so therefore it was still under the warranty.
Nikon had the audacity to mail me an invoice for an estimated repair of the camera. The total amount was for $108.33, it stated that I can pay by check, money order or credit card. Why in the hell, would I pay $108.33 to repair a camera that I paid $109.00 for brand new? I'm sure that the retail value of the camera is under $100.00 now, since I purchased the camera over seven months ago.
I would like for Nikon to stand by their warranty and product and repair the camera. I felt insulted when I opened the invoice and realized that I was being charged to repair their faulty equipment.I would never purchase another Nikon product again.I am also going to spread the word to family, co-workers and friends that Nikon is not a company that doesn't honor their warranties.
More Nikon Coolpix s4000 Complaints & Reviews
- Close Out Genius Nikon D300 Nikon D700 - close out genius scams with rihtbuy digital, everyprice.com and shopcartusa 
- nikon d90 18-105mm VR lens - scam-fraud 
- Nikon Coolpx S210 - lens error - poor service 
- Nikon Coolpix S70 camera - nikon repair service 
- Nikon Coolpix S6100 - battery charging problem
- Nikon P500 Camera - overcharging/misleading
- Nikon Cool Series L18 Camera - broken camera
- Nikon D3100 - tradus not delivering purchased product 
- Nikon D300 Camera Kit - failure to issue credit doa camera 
- Nikon Monarch Riflescope - no communication