Nikon / Scam and lies

I never thought I would want to vent like this, but I also never thought I would have a problem like this, either!! I recently bought a Nikon Coolpix S1 camera... after using it for only a couple of weeks, the camera had become useless. The next time I went to use the camera, there was liquid leaking from inside the camera... I am assuming that this liquid was coming from the liquid crystal display. The camera and charger base was sitting where it was impossible for the camera to be exposed to external liquids, or even humidity and condensation. Also... the liquid was coming from inside the camera; there was no moisture on the outside. However, after sending the camera to Nikon for service... they, of course, denied the warranty due to "water damage" Never mind the fact that the liquid was coming from INSIDE! The camera itself! Anybody who reads this I would caution you to be aware that Nikon's warranty concerning "water damage" obviously includes leaking liquid from the camera itself! So, I then received a bill for repair of the camera which was over 2/3 of the overall price I had paid for the camera. After several irate calls to Nikon's service department, in which I explained over and over to no avail, that the camera was never exposed to external liquids that the liquid was coming from inside the camera!!! Not only would they not warranty my camera, they insisted on calling me a liar by asserting that the camera had been exposed to an external source of moisture... as I KNOW FOR A FACT IT NEVER WAS!!! They eventually decided that the camera couldn't even be repaired at all and sent it back to me AS IS. I WILL NEVER EVER OWN ANOTHER NIKON PRODUCT EVER AGAIN... as I do not appreciate being screwed out of $300 and being called a liar! I would stress to everybody not to deal with this company.

Ba

Comments

• Jp
      28th of Oct, 2009

Hi
    I think SONY is better than Nikon, recently i had purchased a Nikon S230 insted of a sony W230. I thought Nikon would be better than SONY, but I was wrong the Images from Nikon S230 is very very very bad, the images looks like as if they were taken from a VGA Camera. I complained the same to Nikon they replied back saying that " I dont know how to take photos". The Auto scene selection mode is totally useless. I think we need to go for SONY insted of Nikon, now even sony has come up with DSLR Cameras.