Nike / tv commercial

1 Canada Review updated:

As a lifetime hockey fan, coach, parent I do not understand Nike's rational with the TV commercial ultimately stating "PLAY LESS NICE".
What kind of message sends this to all the young viewers/hockey payers and their respective coaches who put gamemanship/sportsman ship at the very top of their list.
There is enough violence in this world and in hockey and here Nike proudly proclaims it is perfectly ok to play less nice.
Not in my world !! shame on Nike

PS I am 70 yrs old, not involved in team sport anymore but this add just crossed the line

Wa
Dec 29, 2017

Comments

• Di
      2nd of Jan, 2018

I agree with the above comments. My children and I thought that maybe this was an ad for Adidas against Nike (as we had seen the Nike logo and knew Nike had some place in the commercial), but no, it's an ad FOR Nike. We thought, "Oh, it's Adidas or some other brand putting down Nike." The commercial is absolutely awful and my four children all say that it's awful. They are totally unimpressed and say, "Nike must be saying that the message is that you have to be a [censor] to pursue your sport, that you have to be a [censor] to choose Nike." I'm surprised that Nike could have thought that this ad was in any way positive for their products. Shame on Nike is right.

• Dl
      4th of Jan, 2018

This is a terrible commercial, I'll never buy another nike product after seeing this. What a stupid campaign, fire whoever pitched it!

• Po
      4th of Jan, 2018

"I am 70 yrs old, not involved in team sport anymore"

I don't think you're their target audience.

• Do
      5th of Jan, 2018

Everyone is missing the point of this commercial. It is showing how polite, nice, congenial, and all around great guys hockey players are as people in
    every day life away from the rink. Canadians who play hockey, an aggressive, physical game, play the game aggressively and physically when their skates hit the ice. I believe Nike hit this commercial out of the park with summing up what a Canadian hockey player is. There is a reason why Canada is the premiere hockey nation in the world, and Nike literally tells you why in a 30 second commercial. Well done!!

If you have never played the game at a competitive level, it would be harder to understand this concept I concede.

• Sp
      28th of Jan, 2018

This ad is not what I would expect of Nike, it’s a poor message to our youth who are already exposed to so much violence and aggression. Shame on you Nike.