Nextel / Service sucks!

Where do I begin. My husband got a Nextel i530 phone a year ago. He liked Nextel phones because of the walkie talkie feature.

I had Verizon(never, ever should of switched). I decided to switch to Nextel. I got the i710 phone a year ago. My husband gets about 7 dropped calls a day, no service in alot of areas in PA, when someone tries to reach him, people get "please hold while the Nextel subscriber you are trying to reach is located". It goes right into voice mail. God for bid if there was an emergency. We take both phones to the Nextel Service store. The guy at the store said my husband's phone was discontinued because alot of people have complained about this phone. Also, he takes the phone in the back to check out the battery. He comes back and shows us a dent in the battery. My husband has to pay for phone. He doesn't get one for free. He checked out the battery the day before and there was no dent in the battery. We both got new phones. The guy said you should upgrade your phones every year. He also said that phone my husban got, he should not get dropped calls, he should get service in all areas in Pa. Well, he still got dropped calls, no service in areas of PA and that annoying message when someone tries to call him. We decide to send both phones back. My husband goes to the store to return the phones, they can't help us. We have to call Nextel to see what we need to do. My husband calls Nextel and they say the place we got the phones has to send the phones. My husband goes back to the store and they can't help us. We have to send the phones back. My husband has his old phone and Nextel's service is the worst. Dropped called, no service, etc. Luckily his contract is up. My phone needs a new battery. I have to pay $60.00 for the battery. Mind you, the phone is under warranty.

I get no service in certain areas of PA. I am fed up with Nextel. I never should of switched. My husband has lost business due the the bad service. In order to break out of the contract, it is $200.00 which I think is ridiculous. The service sucks, so why do we have to pay the termination fee. Nextel is the WORST!!!! I will never recommend anyone to go with Nextel. They lie!!!! Whoever is thinking about going with Nextel, think again. You will have problems. Trust me!!!!

Va

Comments

• Va
      18th of Aug, 2006
    Nextel - Nextel wireless account

Oh my God! If you're even thinking about getting a Nextel wireless account you will be sorry as hell. Their connectivity is the worst and it was that way for all two years of our service.

When our contract finally, mercifully ended, instead of a final bill we were sent to a collection agency. We were on their paperless billing plan and when we terminated our service they also shut off our web access to our account. Then, instead of just sending us that final bill they sent our final $72.28 to the aforementioned collection agency. We promptly paid the amount due and got another bill from the collection agency. When I called Nextel customer service I was told it was my fault for not contacting them after my web account was turned off to find out what we owed. When I said you got to be kidding and asked for the CSR's supervisor I was told the supervisor couldn't help me and to have a good day. Believe me, if you get hooked up with Nextel will not have many good days.

• Va
      18th of Aug, 2006

Whether they provide you with a bill or not, if it's a revolving account or contracted service with agreed upon payments - - it's up to the creditor to be proactive. Nextel sounds reasonable in saying "you should have called when you were unable to pay online." Now, I don't know how much time lapsend from when you terminated to when the collection letter was received, so they may have been quick on the trigger with that...but had you called the day of service termination or the following day and paid - you may have avoided this.

• Le
      2nd of Sep, 2006

this has been one of the worst nightmares of my life. from the very beginning i have got nothing but lies concerning my service. the latest if that i could reduce my minutes after i seen how many i woud use monthy. now i am stuck with 1200 min. when i only use 120-150 max a month. my son was downloading up to $70 a month and i was told that they could not stop him that being a parent and controlling him was my problem. i have been refused help and hung up on and told by s smart mouth operator that he/she did not have to id themselves and then disconnected. i am presently investigating avenues that are open to me to bring these issues to the attention of someone who is in the postion to help me. i have also found that when i complain about my services my reception goes way downhill. of the probably 20 operators that i have the displeasure of speaking with i have encountered only one that treated me as a respectable customer.

• Re
      21st of Sep, 2006
    Nextel - Nextel is the biggest rip off I have ever been associated with!

Nextel is the biggest rip off I have ever been associated with! After paying for the service for two years, despite bad service (and more dead areas than in a morgue) I was told that my contract was paid in full and my service was to be cancelled, effective immediately! Then I received another bill. I was told my service had not been cancelled but after I paid them that $383, it would be. Guess what!?!? I got another bill. This time from a collection agency that is threatening bad credit, garnishment and all the bad things that go with it. When I call Next-HELL to complain and ask why, I am told "your service was not cancelled until the billing period after your request, SORRY!"
    So, here I am. I have paid them $135 more of my money. Now I am just waiting to get another bill and do it all again.

Hope everyone that has Nextel enjoys their great service. After all, it is "NEXTEL, WHERE OUR CUSTOMERS COME FIRST!"

Rebecca Nashville, GA

• Di
      28th of Oct, 2006
    Nextel - Stay far away from Nextel

If anyone decides to a cell phone do not go to nextel they will not guide you if something wrong with phone if you go over your minutes and call to get them to help you do not count on it. There to high i pay for two phones anywhere from 140 to 221 a month nextel sucks

• Lu
      9th of Jan, 2007
    Nextel - Misinformation from Customer Service

It all started three months ago, when my brother in law passed away, since his main way of communication in his business was through Nextel direct connect, we decided that keeping his cellphone number and direct connect number was something the business needed. I went ahead and contacted Nextel to let them know the owner of the account had passed away and that we wanted to keep the number, so they told me I just needed to call back and have a change of ownership.

Since I already had a Nextel account I was told they would just add the number as an additional line to my current account.

When I called to make the change, I was told I needed to wait for 2 weeks to receive a confirmation letter stating the change of ownership. That same day the phone line and direct connect service from the phone was cut off and had restricted service.

I called Nextel immediately and for 2 hrs I was on the line with a lady who told me they had accidentaly cancelled the account I was trying to make the change of ownership and that they were really sorry, they ran my credit to open a new account and have the same number reassigned to me.

At the end of the 2hrs the lady told me that it was not possible, I am sorry for everything I tried everything but the numbers automatically get cancelled out and you can not use them again .

So I had to get a new contract new phone new everything.

Two months later I get a bill for the account of my dead brother in law with minutes used. I have kept that phone in the bottom of my drawer because it was said to be cancelled I've even tried using it but it was out of service.

So I give Nextel a call and tell them they cannot invoice me for an account that was cancelled two months ago, and then they tell me it is active to please call back when I had the phone on hand so they could prove to me that it was active.

As soon as I hang up I dial my late brother's in law cellphone (keep in mind it was cancelled around 2 or 3 months ago, because they messed up) and a guy picks up.

He got a cellphone from Sprint/Nextel 6 weeks ago and was given that number. A number that they assured me after 2 hrs of trying to keep the number, for my late brother's in law business, that was impossible to do so.

Could you imagine if his daughter would for any reason dial accidentally his dad's old number and have someone just after 3 months of passing away picking up his cellphone.

It's just wrong.

2nd of Mar, 2007

I tried to upgrade my service from nextel to sprint and nextel. The sales person recommended to phones, ic402 and ic502 hybrids. I thought great, i'll take two. I would like to upgrade two existing lines i have. Two days later, i received said phones via fed ex. I opened the box and immediately noticed one of the phones was not correct. After 4hours of being transferred from rep to the other, i was finally able to get someone the email a return label. I sent back one phone. The other phone i attempted to activate. As i was activating it, a customer rep advised me that the phone was already activated. In fact, both phones were activated. I was given two more lines to my account. After numerous hours of phone tag, because nextel/sprint reps cannot figure out who can handle my problem.

Hours later i spoke with a young man who assured me he can get the ic502 working on an existing line. He processed this request over the phone and said that it takes usually 4 hours for the lines to switch over. This started at 7pm. The next morning at 7am, the phone still did not work. I had enough, i had the phone line switched back to the original phone. Now i need to get my account back to the original status. I spent an additional 2 hours on the phone and got nowhere. For their screw up. I am stuck in another two year contract with the biggest bunch of ###s ever dealt with. Their service sucks. The customer service sucks. They are by far the worst company i have ever done business with. Anyone out there have any suggestions i'd listen. Nextel sucks, sucks, sucks,sucks.

• Av
      8th of May, 2007
    Nextel - Dropped calls and poor customer service

I have tons of dropped calls and delayed text messages. I was told by one the sales managers in one the retail stores that " I would not make nextel my primary cellphone unless I stayed in NYC, LA,or CHA." This information would have been helpful 1 year ago when he was in the store when I purchased my phone. The screen on my motorolla i870 is blank and I have insurance on it, but they refuse to replace it but it is a technical defect and was not damaged. Nextel offered me another i870 for $380 bucks and that is with a $75 discount. WOW they must be crazy. My reply was I'd rather pay the $200 to opt out of the contract.

28th of May, 2007

I am a longtime customer of Nextel and I am completely dissatisfied with the level of service you have provided me with my recent issue. I will be canceling my service as soon as my current contract expires. To explain my story I have an I930, which needed service from which I have the repair service on my phone insurance. After my screen failed I was given a new screen on which it died the very same day. I went back to the store I receive repair from and he said he would do it again. Well after 2nd repair it was fixed (screen) but Battery life was 3 hours MAX with no talk time. Meaning a fully charged battery would last 3 hours with NO talking or use to the phone. I went back again (number 3) and the tech stated the wrong battery was in the phone. I explain that I purchased this phone directly thru Nextel and not one of the stores. Is Nextel in the habit of sending phones with the incorrect batteries? Well after doing research and going to many stores I find out my battery is indeed correct. Well the tech stands strong even after I have your rep call him directly to tell him sir the battery he has is correct and you must have repaired the phone wrong. He replies NOPE and slams phone down. Then the rep calls Motorola directly and they AGAIN confirm the battery I have is indeed for the I930 phone. She then attempts call and YEP you guessed it he slams phone down on her. Well after all that the rep says sorry I guess you will have to buy a new phone??? WHAT!!!

You and everyone else agreed the battery I have is correct WHY would I have to purchase a new phone??? She was like sorry but I can’t help you anymore. I was like what are you talking about?? This guy is a representative for your company repairing phones and you and everyone else in the world agree that my battery is correct but yet you want me to purchase a new phone? Oh and YES I did go out and buy a brand new battery to see if this was the problem and NOPE same result. The best you could offer me was a trip 1 hour from where I live to another repair depot. Why should I have to drive 1 full hour away when you agree that I’m correct??? No one is willing to help and I don’t want service like that. I own a business and my entire staff which own Nextel’s have heard my story and cant believe it. They all are going to cancel as well when their time is up. I have personally offered to pay each and every one of their termination fees to do so. I know this email will go un addressed because no one cares over there but that’s ok I have said my piece and I'm sure I will get no responses. Please feel free to look at my issue 978-361-5896 and call or email me directly with your thoughts. Your customer service and service to customers alone is one of the worse. I have called 10 times and was on hold for hours talking to rep after rep. I was also disconnected twice when being transferred. Trust me I am so furious with the service you provide that my goal is to let everyone I receive contact from to let them know that Nextel isn’t the service for them. I do public speaking and this will be a topic of mine in the next few weeks. Your name will be mentioned and this story will be relayed…

With that thanks for nothing and you will be seeing less and less customers within the next few weeks.

Regards,
    Jason.

• Da
      12th of Nov, 2007
    Nextel - insurance rip off

We purchased 2 nextel phones. My husband started having trouble with his immediately. We took it in on day 6 of ownership and they worked on it and said it is ok now. 1 week later took it back with the same problem and they said they fixed it again. 4 days leter, my hubby is angry and they refered him to the "repair shop" on the other side of town. Took it in and they had it for 6 hours, fixed the problems and my husband got it back with ALL the memory removed....so he took 2 hours to put it back to his settings and contacts. He is a business owner so there were MANY. 2 weeks later it is having the same problems so this time he takes it in and demands a new phone. Oh darn...30 days is up for the return and now he needs to have it replaced under the insurance contract and pay the $50.00 deductible! We paid $350.00 for the phone and now we have to pay another $50.00 to get a refurbished phone? Well, at least I got him out of the store before I had to pay for bail....when contract is up we will NEVER use sprint/nextel again. However, I see the same problems when researching any cell company so I think the problem is now we have to forgo the cell service. Heck we survived 30 years without one anyway.

• De
      4th of Feb, 2008
    1326 ann arbor ave
    dallas
    Phone: 214 3471191
    care@ringtonetimes.com

I did not want a subscription and you gave me one any way. I want the text messaging to stop. I am not going to pay for a service I don't use.

• Ke
      11th of May, 2008

I don't ever wany to hear the N word again!!! I have upset customers and I have gray hair because of the Blackberry M#7100i. It's been replaced four times and this last one is only two days old and the software went corrupt. Just reads error 102. First thing tomorrow my entire company is switching providers!!

Nextel can kiss my ###!!

Kelly

• Ki
      18th of Jul, 2008
    Denver
    Colorado

Nextel is a piece of ###. One phone will get service while the phone next to it won't. They have cheap phones, bad service, and bad customer service. I just waited 2 weeks for a phone they said would be there 2 weeks ago and when I get it, it doesn't get service. Don't ever buy nextel!

• Wa
      9th of Nov, 2008
    Nextel - Stay far away from Nextel

I have been receiving charges for ringtones from acotel binary and opera telecom and jamster but refuse to pay them. But the problem is i have to call them every month to take them off my bill.

16th of Jan, 2009
    Nextel - Bad service
    Nextel

So it�s October 14th, our wedding anniversary & my husband & I decide it would be a good day to upgrade our phones we have with Nextel that are several years old. We have been customers with Nextel for many, many years. He chooses a phone, I choose a phone & we arrange to have them delivered to the Nextel dealer shop locally so they can be programmed & ready to go as soon as possible, as my husband will be conducting business out of state the entire month of Nov.. My husbands line is particularly valuable to us as it is also our primary number used for our business customers. We are assured that the phones would be delivered within 2 days & we would also have better service & coverage than our older phones had.

Much to our surprise our phones don�t arrive until 4 days later & at our home, necessitating a 25 mile drive (one way) to the Nextel dealership for programming.

Another unexpected surprise is that, despite her own calls to S/N our exceptionally helpful & patient representative at the store cannot have my new phone activated on our account because it�s registered with a different Nextel customer! Back it has to go, so sorry Nextel says they can�t do a thing about it, a different phone has to be ordered. I choose a totally different & advertised cheaper phone & have to wait another week, causing exceptional inconvenience with business calls.

A few weeks later & the phone issue (so we thought) has been resolved & my husband goes to Nevada for business. He is expected to be there a month & is looking forward to the �new & improved� phone service that we are told will be available in the area.

More disappointment when we find out that he has NO SERVICE except within a small spot on a road aprox. 30 feet long.

We then have to have all of his calls forwarded to my phone so as not to inconvenience our own customers. Nextel happily charges us for the call forwarding �service�.

Again I contact our local Nextel Rep. & she in turn contacts everyone she can to find a resolution to not having service available to us out of state.

One of the solutions is that we need to consider changing our phones to strictly Sprint network, thereby loosing our customer connections with those who contact us with the Nextel Direct Connect frequently, or perhaps we can try a �hybrid� phone that will work on BOTH the sprint & Nextel networks & towers (funny, same company but still running as 2 separate entities, that�s convenient) HOWEVER to try the hybrid phone we have to change our service plan. It should be comparable I�m told, but once we change we can�t go back to our old plan cuz it�s, well, old.

Meantime back in Nevada my husband is STILL WITHOUT phone service (except the before mentioned 30 feet of road), the hybrid phone is not a viable option either. So we are told having the service plan changes only being in effect a week it SHOULDN�T be a problem to get our old service plan back in effect as we only upgraded for a phone we cannot use.

Bringing us up to date on our Sprint/Nextel bill, November 17, I pay for ONLY the charges for the phone service, waiting for the equipment charges to be properly credited to our account for the returned & exchanged phone etc. Nevermind the fact that it will be nearly an entire month my husband has had virtually no phone service.

That brings us to today, Dec. 3, where when I attempt to make a call on my phone I am redirected to a Sprint/Nextel payment resolution line�no calls will go through & are all redirected for �payment resolution� This is yet again NOT A GOOD THING FOR A BUSINESS PHONE LINE!

Our account balance for some reason now sits at $951.42. This is an increase of over $600 than is should be, even including the new equipment purchases. I finally get in contact with a phone representative, go over the charges one at a time explaining each situation as it occurred. 45 minutes later he unraveled the facts that:

We are on the wrong service plan & are being charged $208.18, when in fact it should be $89.99.

There has been NO CREDIT recorded for the phone (I880) I had to return due to A FACTORY ERROR. This bumps us up another $227.90

The replacement phone I chose due to a promotional price of $79.99, we were charged $248.33.

Just because I�m annoyed, the fact that we have been charged $6.43 for a LATE PAYMENT, $12.00 for OVERNIGHT SHIPPING (DIDN�T HAPPEN) & $9.40 for call forwarding we were forced to use as a result of no phone service, stand out as more indifference to the issues & charges we have been dealing with for over a month with as yet NO RESOLUTIONS.

Oh & what is the $18 �handset upgrade� charge..well it�s just something S/N charges when you get a new phone -WHAT?!?!?!?!

Not to mention they charged us $48�I remember something about 18+18=36.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel, after 45 minutes my phone rep. tells me, not unexpectedly, that he needs to consult a higher up manager for authorization to fix our account..while I�m on hold my call gets TRANFERRED.. I DO NOT want to start this process all over again but I�m told my call was transferred to an incoming calls only center & they have NO WAY to return me to the previous service representative!!! Would I please hold because they need to again transfer me, this time to someone who works with Nextel accounts.

Another person & starting from scratch all she can do is make notes (yet she sees the previous notes made by the �mystery� original service rep. they couldn�t transfer me back to). I�ve been on the phone over an hour now & she is trying to be helpful but can only send my �dispute on the charges� to a �resolution� person.

In the meantime I ask can we at least get this resolved so that our phone service won�t forward us to the �payment resolution� line should we need to, oh say, conduct business of our own???

YES..this at least can be done. Glory be, we have phone service tonight (we�ll take THAT day by day..I have no faith in the S/N powers that be for some reason) but our charges? Why thank you for your payment last month for the service, but our account continues to sit at $951.42 until it is �reviewed.�

• Ka
      20th of Mar, 2009
    Nextel - CHARGED FOR NO SERVICE
    NEXTEL
    Austin
    Texas

AT THE TIME OF THE EVENT I WAS WORKING FOR A COMPANY THAT USED NEXTEL FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES. ONLY CERTAIN EMPLOYEES WERE COVERED BY THE COMPANY . OTHERS HAD TO PAY OUT OF POCKET, BUT WITH A DISCOUNT. THEY PROVIDED NEXTEL SERVICES FOR MY HUSBAND, DUE TO HIS POSITION. I WAS NOT.I WAS ASKED BY A NEXTEL AGENT IF I WOULD LIKE TO SIGN UP FOR THEIR SERVICE. I SAID I WOULD NEED TO TALK TO MY HUSBAND FIRST. THEY SAID THEY WILL GET BACK TO ME THE NEXT DAY. THE NEXT DAY I INFORMED THEM I COULD NOT. A MONTH LATER I GOT A BILL FOR NEXTEL SERVICES I NEVER HAD. I CONTACTED THE AGENT THAT TALKED TO ME AND WAS TOLD THAT IT WOULD BE FIXED.I HAD TO CONTINUE TO CONTACT THE AGENT REGARDING THIS MATTER. I AM NO LONGER WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY AND HAVE LOST CONTACT WITH HER. I THEN CONTACTED THE NEXTEL OFFICE REGARDING THIS ERROR. I AM STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO CORRECT THIS . I HAVE SINCE BEEN CONTACTED BY SEVERAL COLLECTIONS AGENTS AND THE BILL IS GROWING. I HAVE TRIED TO FIGHT THIS AND IT HAS GOT ME NOWHERE.

• Mi
      29th of Mar, 2009
    nextel.com

Nextel offered an all data plan for $129.99. Got my bill 2 days later and there were charges never discussed during the phone conversation. Bill came out to be over $200! Phone bill alone without taxes was $180! Isn't it illegal to charge for things not agreed?

• Gr
      12th of Oct, 2009
    nextel.com

I sent in for the rebate as soon as I got my first bill. After 7 weeks I got back my unopened envelope. It said "return to sender. Unable to forward rebate closed" For a few bucks they lost a lot of goodwill and a lot of customers.

I told everyone at the senior center and now I am telling you.

• Ca
      28th of Jun, 2010
    nextel.com

Its a joke... i was w t-mobile and should have stayed with them... I went against my better judgment bc my husband wanted me to "give it a try"... ive been on the phone with customer care MULTIPLE times since i switched with them on June 5th its now the 23rd and we are going to T-mobile... besides the customer care staff LYING through their teeth and not doing what they said they will do; youll be lucky if you can reach someone who can speak proper and good english... On top of that the service is so shaddy and crappy, id be better off w a cheap walmart walkie talkie for kids!!! And then we have the family everything messaging... that is SUPPOSE to include text, picture and video...HAHAHAHA Yeaaa right... i get charged data charges for sending and receiving ANY picture mail... then after speaking with a million ppl and them promising to put a partial data service product on my phone, to avoid these charges that should be INCLUDED in the monthly payment... i STILL get charged... They first tell me its bc the pictures are of such KbS or what ever, then they say its because to send or receive it has to access the internet and the web isnt a part of the plan, then they say you can only send to a ten digit phone number, nothing like facebook mobile or anything, and if you save or download a picture from a received message youll get slapped with data charges... WHERE IN THE AGREEMENT DOES IT STATE ALL THIS MEANALE BS???????? No where. or i would have NEVER switched... you can go to T-mobile with NONE of these issues and the customer service is PLEASANT... How would i rate my time with nextel/sprint ??? Id say its been a living nightmare in hell... the stress its put on me is overwhelming. Having a kid in less than 2 weeks with a phone provider i cant trust and service that cant be used is BEYOND frustrating... The ppl are rude, under trained, incompetent, and cant usually speak a lick of english!!! How about getting someone in there to train these ppl?? HMMMM... I really would LOVE to see this company go down in flames... the ONLY thing they once had going for them was the Nextel direct connect, but now thats shaddy and if u have nextel you cant get the good texting (in other words youll be stuck looking at a screen saying DOWNLOADING) its the same company but has sooooo many glitches to them... Wouldnt you think they make enough money to actually fix these issues??? i know i cant be the only person dealing with this or feeling like this... Im boycotting them FOREVER... and taking as many customers from them as i can... its a waste of money, time and more stressful than i need from a cell phone provider!!! i think i should ask an attorney bc they lead ppl on with their service and states that with theses plans u will receive a certain product and then they hit u with all these unforeseen charges they NEGLECT to tell ya about...