Newport News / billing and re occurring charge

1 United States

I ordered from Newport News in April of 2008 with the intent to have a deferred billing promotion that was ongoing for no charge on your card until july 2008. So when I originally placed this order I did not read or see in fine print so the company claims misleading verbiage used to pursue customers to thinking something different however when I ordered and used the deferred billing code 7449? I think that was it my charge did not show on my card the next couple of days so I thought okay good. So a couple days go by and I notice that I have a hold on my card and this caused me to get an overdraft fee of $35.00 cause I did not have the full available credit cause I am thinking well they might just authorize card to see if it's valid and open card. Cause no where does it say when you enter code or anything that we authorize amount. However 4/10? these dates are APX? I called and spoke with a rep that told me that if I used a bank card then it would not allow me to do a deferred billing and they would cancel my order and call me to get another card but they would not charge my card which then later I was advised from another customer rep that Newport news places a hold on the amount of purchase and then bank releases it days later. Which did happen but it was very misleading So after speaking with the rep I was very upset and decided to cancel my order they told me they could not do that cause it had already been shipped. They were quick to ship out and take money but the return took over 7 weeks. The clothes came to me in a plastic bag that looked trashed that they charge me $15.00 for shipping so I am thinking they could have at least put in box for that amount compared to all the big department stores online that offer free shipping ETC. Fast forward to return issue on the website it states "Please Allow 15 Days. It takes approximately 15 days for us to receive and process your return. We'll credit or refund the price of the merchandise including any taxes you were charged (excluding shipping and handling), less the cost of the UPS return charge, when you choose this option. Allow two billing cycles for your credit to appear on your credit card statement... Okay so with that said it took 6 1/2 wks for return to show and so when I called again and spoke to rep final time David was his name to make sure everything was okay. It seemed like everything was alright. I did get an email conformation stating returned had been processed and all. Then today 7/1/2008 I have a charge on my card for $107.94 which I do not have 107.94 in my account so another $35.00 charge for overdraft fee. I bank with Key bank and it is a Mastercard I used. So why would they charge my card for items that were returned and keep my information in system to authorize charges I did not consent too. So in all these has cosed me $199.88 and out of the only clothing item I did purchase was cheaper then originally shipping $14.00 for leggings. I am disgusted with this company and will never recommend them to anyone or use them ever again. Billing has been an issue with this company since my purchase. The hassle and time I've been dealing with talking to reps, managers, billing account specialist and no resolution arrg hate them.