Newegg.com / newegg needs to take a look at their return policy
I spent close to $2, 000 with your company to build a system for a client...
Never worked...many errors. After much troubleshooting, determined it was a bad
stick of RAM (computer memory). Three of the contacts were damaged.
I opened an RMA and specifically mentioned the damage to the rep on the phone.
Was told it would be no problem. I sent back the memory and they denied the RMA. I was informed that
they do not accept damaged RAM...It arrived damaged!! They are sending me back the damaged items and have told me to take it up with the manufacturer.
I've been working in IT for 20 years and have built many systems so I am no amateur. I am a qualified IT professional and I have numerous certifications. Obviously, I take every precaution when dealing with sensitive computer
components so it was NOT damaged by me.
I ended up purchasing more memory in the meantime to make client happy but now
I'm out $ because NewEgg will not honor the sale they made to me.
I am not a bad person and I am not running some type of scam to get something
for nothing. I am an honest customer who feels like I am in a definite catch-22
situation. The memory that I received from this company was damaged (defective)
and I would just like to get it replaced.
I called their customer service and got the run around. I was told by the rep who I spoke with that the RMA rep denied that I had disclosed the damage to her. I spoke with a supervisor and got nowhere. After I told the supervisor that I would never use purchase anything ever again from NewEgg, I was offered a $20 gift card for use towards my next purchase (??). Did she even listen to me?
I wish I would have checked out this site before I ever darkened the doors of newegg.com. Definitely seems like shady dealings. Isn't the purpose of an RMA to replace damaged items?
I've posted negative tweets and commented on their facebook page. I got a reply asking for more info but haven't heard anything back.
In the meantime, I've lodged complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission.
I would not recommend this company to my enemies let alone friends.
More Newegg.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - if you get cheated in newegg marketplace, newegg won't help 
- [Resolved] NewEgg - online scam 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - refuses return, says item I sent them is not the one they sent me (but it is!) 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - very dissatisfied with the customer service at newegg.com! 
- [Resolved] NewEgg - extremely frustrated w/ newegg's return policy 
- Newegg.com. Cn - awful customer service 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - avoid newegg if you're the type of person who wants their coverage plans to be well worth the extra money 
- NewEgg - selling defective products
- Newegg.com - big scam site, don't give them you're credit card information
- [Resolved] NewEgg - delivery, a horror story