[Resolved] Newegg.com / newegg dishonest, deceptive and unfair trade

Newegg.com - www.newegg.com

$3,560.00+ ordered - they got paid and I got a $4 plug!

Early yesterday morning I ordered $3,560.00+ worth of merchandise from www.newegg.com. My order was placed within plenty of time to meet their "same day processing" deadline of noon PST. I paid for the order, went through Verified by Visa, got a call from my bank confirming the charges, and even got a call from Newegg confirming the charge as valid. All this "checks and balances" seemed somewhere between overboard and extreme, maybe paranoid, but oh well, that's where we stood.

Nothing happened after that. I called and called and was assured my order was processing.

As the hours go by I call and call and I'm told over and over the order will processed but according to their website my order is not doing anything; not being packaged and not being shipped.

As it neared the end of the business day out in CA, I called Newegg for now the 4th time and was told for the 4th time my order would ship. I asked for a supervisor and explained that I have been told over and over that my order will be processed but nothing is happening. She put me on hold while she, according to her, "got with the other department to make sure that order got out today."

They e-mailed me a UPS tracking number. I tracked the package all the way to my door the next day as agreed. When I received the tiny box I found out the box has a $4 hdmi-dvi connector plug in it.

Where is my $4,000.00? That's what I would like to know.

So I called Newegg and went through a CSR, then a supervisor, then a manager, and continually was told "it will be shipped today." I explained that's what I have been told over and over. So they provided me more UPS tracking numbers and again told me the complete order has shipped.

I told them I don't believe them. This is now the 5th time I have been told the order has shipped and what I got out of it the first time was a $4 plug.

Come to find out, of the UPS tracking numbers they gave me, 2 of them are invalid on the UPS site, and 2 of them only show as billing, not anything picked up or in transit. Nothing has shipped but the $4 plug. Yet, I called again ONE MORE TIME and they tell me "everything has shipped" so I asked them what does the term "shipped" mean to them and they say it means it has left their warehouse. They are lying; the order has not shipped.

My overall $4,000.00 experience with Newegg is that they continually lie to make you hear what they think you want to hear, they practice fraud and deceptive and unfair trade practices.

I paid for overnight shipping and rush order processing fees and I spent $4,000 and I have a $4 plug. That's where we stand.

It has consumed umpteen hours of my time chasing my money and/ or my merchandise. This is not how I choose to live my life. Don't make the same mistake.

Now in researching Newegg I'm discovering many customers receiving damaged defective goods when they paid for new merchandise. I hate to think of the horror ahead. I got ripped off on the internet. Time to get the lawyers working on it if I do not have everything I paid for by tomorrow. And I'll expect a full refund on the overnight shipping and "rush" (cough-cough) processing fee at a bare minimum.

• Resolution statement

• Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Jun 29, 2009

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you. Also, we apologize for the delayed response. Nevertheless, we would really like to speak to you to see what we can do for you in this matter. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at alex.a.villarino@newegg.com or via phone at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

Sincerely,

Alex Villarino
    Newegg.com

• Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Nov 09, 2009

Dear CB007,

I humbly apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced with our service. ALL feedback is necessary for companies to improve the service they provide so I thank you for letting us know their situation.

With this said, we would never intentionally cause for anyone to be dissatisfied with our service. So we may further assist you, please call Joshua at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or e-mail him at joshua.l.key@newegg.com

Newegg.com

Va

Comments

• Mi
      13th of Nov, 2008

Wow..you are totally and utterly ignorant.

Rush processing is clearly labeled as not gaurenteed. As a matter of fact, it is stated that they will refund the price for rush processing if it isn't processed that day. As far as shipping goes, Newegg does not run UPS. Some basic research might help your next ### session.

• Ex
      25th of Feb, 2009

My story is no where near as bad as the OP, but it does show that Newegg is resorting to deceptive practices to increase their bottom line.

I was looking for a 360 game as a gift for a friend's son. I found it on Newegg, several dollars cheaper than the next best that I could find. The product page clearly stated "free shipping" with the caveat that this does not apply to PR, HI, or AK. Since I neither live nor am shipping to any of those places, it didn't apply to me.

I go through the checkout, and all seems well until after I input my CC information. At that point, a popup box appears, stating the following

"Some of the items in this order will be shipped from a location that does not support Egg Saver as a shipping option at this time. Please select another shipping method. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Well, it said nothing on the product page about free shipping being dependent on where the item is shipped from, only the destination. Ok, so I look at the alternate options, and they have the audacity to charge $6.77 for UPS ground on a $10 360 disk!. That's at least double what other vendors charge.

Thus, the conclusion is obvious: Newegg is starting to employ deceptive and underhanded practices in order to bait and switch their customers. You see that sort of thing all the time at the various price aggregate sites: low price to get a high ranking, but then padding it with outrageous shipping fees.

Newegg is worse in this case in this regard, as the very product page states "free shipping" with the usual exceptions. I'm very surprised and disappointed by this change in them. I've been using them for years, and even recommending them to others. No more after this unpleasant experience.

• Kd
      8th of Mar, 2009

I have been using Newegg for years and have ordered over $15, 000 worth of merchandise from them. I've never had anything but the most excellent customer service. I've referred many other people to them who also have always had great service. If you read the reviews there, on any product, you'll see people praise Newegg for their customer service and policies regarding returns and shipping speed, etc, even when they are dissatisfied with a particular product. Newegg usually goes above and beyond when people are dissatisfied in order to make it right. I've never purchased from another company on the Internet where I have had as much confidence in my purchases as I have had with Newegg.

While I've never tried to have an order rushed and overnighted, I always get my orders on time or EARLIER than expected. I noticed that the OP didn't follow up. I suppose that if something really bad had happened, (he got "ripped off"), then he would have posted that too to strengthen his case. If it was just a case of his order arriving late, that doesn't look nearly as dramatic and wouldn't be worth comment apparently.

As to ExNeweggCustomer, did you call them and tell them about this issue? I totally disagree that Newegg engages in shipping scams (I have seen that with other sites too). I've never had that experience. I recently ordered a 46" LCD tv with free shipping. The television was by far the cheapest price for that model, by several hundred dollars, and the free shipping was fantastic (arrived early with great service by the delivery guy). I've had free shipping with many other orders, never a problem.

I only stumbled upon this page by accident. I did a google search trying to find out if there is a specific day that Newegg lowers their prices. I don't know how this came up. But as a big fan of Newegg and someone who wants to help other consumers, I couldn't not respond to this. Folks have a tendency to only report the negative. Don't let these negative posts steer you away from Newegg.com, it is a great company.

• Ex
      17th of Mar, 2009

Yes, I did contact them. After trying to bait and switch with the "free shipping" come-on, they said that they'd charge it and then refund me the difference. There's no way I'm going to let a scammer like that charge my CC with the promise of refunding it later.

I use to like Newegg, but they've gone bad. Anybody who promises free shipping and then reneges on it is not to be trusted.

• Cb
      9th of Nov, 2009

Small Business Account - What a JOKE - Not a real help to those in Small Business.

Several are going to file a complaint with BBB and so forth from what I hear.

Watch out for their NEW Business Account they offer. You'll get an email welcoming you to your new account, "Deferred Billing Application Approved". Next, your receiving rude emails with invoices attached, from someone at New Egg, you'll respond...but they never reply back...like they drop off the face of the earth. Then a few days later another email, just with invocies, no introduction, no may I help you...you respond, once again you receive absolutely no response from this person. These are not "canned" emails, this is NOT one of those "unmonitored" email accounts. This is a live, living and breathing human being. Rather rude contacts and I have the emails. It's been a pure nightmare.

What's funny, is some of the equipment we received, had already been used or opened, had a person's name at the Windows start screen. We did NOT buy store returns or refurbished items. So, why did we receive them? We were billed for "New" not "Used". We didn't complain at the time, but after this nightmare, we should have. Some items came with packing so the items were well protected, others arrived with ZERO packing for protection. Most of the boxes looked like they were drop kicked, which New Egg can't control that, but they CAN control using PACKING. I guess that's what happens when your nice and let something slide...it comes back and slaps you in the face.