New York Times Home Delivery / Ripped Off
I called to have my subscription ended on the date that was the end of my billed period. They chose to put a new date on it, so that I was billed automatically to my credit card. They billed me for the full 2 months (even though the date they picked for stopping it would have involved three papers only). I called back and they said it would be refunded to my credit card within 30 days. Guess what? 30 days has long ago come and gone and no refund. I called and emailed and they said it was in processing. I finally filed a com;laint with the Better Business Bureau the other day. Isn't it interesting that they could find my credit card number to charge it - always in advance of the service - but can't seem to be able to refund it?
I used to think this was a reputable organization, but this experience has taught me that they are in the business to take your money, even for a service you neither want nor that they provided. Whatever you do, don't subscribe to the NYT if you think you might EVER want to stop!!!
More New York Times Home Delivery Complaints & Reviews
- New York Times delivery - consistently missed papers 
- The New York Times - consistent non-delivery 
- New York Times Online - Did not issue refund 
- New York Times Home Delivery - home delivery is terrible 
- NEW YORK TIMES DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION - Early billing
- The New York Times - home delivery
- The New York Times - cannot get delivery of cancelled subscription stopped 
- The New York Times - home delivery /new york times paper 
- New York Times Home Delivery - Daily delivery
- The New York Times - Home delivery cancellation