New York Community Bancorp Inc. / This bank has been without any doubt the worst ever in a mortgage

United States Review updated:

I had a mortgage with Penn Federal savings bank. New york community bank brought penn federal and within months my fixed mortgage went up close to $1k a month. I called and asked why and after many months of calling and writting their response was that taxes increased. This is true but only less than $1k a year so now I am paying and extra almost $12k a year so where is the money going. Next thing you know everything starts to change from different account numbers every month for several months to requests of all leases every three months and then the biggest demand that I pay for flood insurance where everything had been sent to them several times. This got so bad that they wanted me to pay them for flood insurance where we are not in a flood zone. Additionally all leases where for 10 years each and the apt for 1 year but the demands kept coming and monthly fees where different every month. After suffering with them for over three years I finally go another bank to take over the mortgage. We closed last month and days later this anastasia calls me to send her a $5k wire without any explanation. I tell her the closing has been done what's going on. At this moment I have two different amounts to pay them and they do not justify anything. I have hired an attorney just to review the closing and he states that they did make a mistake but without a doubt they overcharged on closing costs and of course he could review the entire history of the loan but this will be expensive. This bank has been without any doubt the worst ever in a mortgage I have used mabny other banks and never been treated like this I also believe that they have been ripping me off and this needs to be checked out because I believe i am not the only one.

Tl

Comments

• Ha
      Dec 31, 2011

NYCB is horrible. This servicer is not interested in working with it's customers. This bank behaves as if it wants to push people into foreclosure quickly so they can collect from pmi companies. NYCB is worse than Chase, BOA, Countrywide, etc... I have dealt with many servicers and NYCB is by far the worse. Please, never get a mortgage with NYCB...go to Chase or BOA, we know they are ruthless, but atleast they do not try to begin foreclosing on their customers immediately. Also, please do not bother trying to reason with the CSRs at NYCB, they are ignorant and cannot/will not help you. It is ridiculous. This bank in located in Nassau County NY, many of the loans they hold are outside of NY. This bank doesn't seem to under the economic realities in which we live. Please do not believe everyone lives the same way people do in Westbury, NY...Long Island and Rural america are different worlds. NYCB is so ignorant, the bank doesn't seem to be aware that the US is in the mist of a foreclosure crisis...the bank's end game is to force you into foreclosure, collect on pmi, then sell your home at a rock bottom price...good luck with that with the large backlog of inventory on most banks books. NYCB will not be able to undercut Chase or BOA, they can't afford it and their investors are too stupid to allow it. Keep pissing off your paying customers NYCB...keep trying to apply a Long Island mentality to the rest of america...

• Ha
      Dec 31, 2011

I believe everything your saying...NYCB is scandalous!