New York And Company / price matching

450 West 33rd Street, New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1.800.723.5333

I made a purchase online with New York and Company on April 8th, 2012 for $37.77 including tax. On April 12th, 2012 I discovered that the item I had purchased was reduced to $17.98 before tax. I contacted New York and Company customer service on April 12th, 2012, and explained that I hadn't received the item just yet, and would like to know if they could reduce the price to the lower price of $17.98. I was told that New York and Company would make the price adjustment, and I would be notified within 24 hours. On April 16th, I made contact with New York and Company again because I had not received an email or credit for the price adjustment. On April 16th, I was told that they do not honor prices matches, and when I questioned why I was told that an adjustment could be made, I was informed that the recorded call from April 12th must be reviewed, and I would be notified within 48 hours. 48 hours has passed. I contacted them again yesterday April 18th, and was told it was being reviewed. How can a company list "Focus on Results" as one of its Values. They certainly aren't focused on my results. I find it absolutely absurd! Other Brands such as Gap, The Limited, and Express are always more than happy to make pricing adjustments.

Comments

• Be
      19th of May, 2013

NYandCompany customer service representatives would be MORE than happy to price match for you, but the company will not allow them to do so. If an item is only temporarily marked down in price then the representatives hands are tied, per company policy. It would make the job a lot easier if the company would make quite a number of changes. If you think the company doesn't listen to the customer, you would be correct. They don't listen to the representatives suggestions either.