New Way Movers / Horrible Moving Company

1 18630 Ne 18th aveMiami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-562-2051; 773-290-8019

This is a horrible moving company!! DO NOT USE THEM EVER!! Their website seems to be legit, and their service is great, borderline stalking, AT FIRST. Very attentive and caring, and constantly calling to follow up. AFTER I gave them my deposit and it was time to move, that's when the NIGHTMARE began. My movers didn't show up on the CONFIRMED move date. I had to fly out that night and turn in my keys to my leasing office that day. So, when I tried calling Rachel at New Way Movers, she told me she didn't know what was going on. She also told me not to worry and that she will have a different mover/driver take care of my things before I have to fly out that night. But she never called me back. I tried calling her several more times and even emailed her. I then received a phone call from the original driver, informing me that he will be at my place the NEXT DAY. I explained to him that I had to turn my keys in and fly out that night, he replied by telling me, 'well you better call your leasing office then.' I then had no choice but to ask a friend to be present while the movers arrive at my place the next day. And because I wasn't able to be there while they moved my things, they ended up charging me $2200! The original quote was $1480. I tried calling Rachel the following Monday, she finally answered and told me that she's busy and that she is only a salesperson. 'I can't help you with your problem, you need to call the movers, White Flower Van Lines.' I was in shock, I thought that she WAS the mover. She certainly took my money like she was my mover. I didn't accept her response and she HUNG UP on me. Long story short, it's been a month, and I still don't have my things. I've talked to Rachel, Slava, Shelley, Sarah, Natalie, Jeff and finally had to call Israel. I've probably called each person numerous times and am now waiting for a call from ANYONE to let me know where my things are. My next call may be the police. I've already notified the Better Business Bureau. OH - and this is their catch phrase 'IT'S JUST AN ESTIMATE.' By the way, part of the charge was for 26 rolls of tape! That's amazing because I've moved several times before, and I've used an average of 5-6 rolls of tape. Keep in mind, I lived in a small 1 bedroom apt with minimal things. Yeah...26 rolls of tape. Nice.

Dg

Comments

24th of Jul, 2008

I'm sooooo glad to see that someone actually complained about these movers!! I had the same horrible experience at the beginning of this year, but ended up too frustrated and exhausted after the whole ordeal to even want to do anything about it. They quoted me $1300 for my move and ended up charging me $2000. And you're right!! They kept on telling me IT'S JUST AN ESTIMATE. Everyone should also know that they use a long list of drivers that they like to call "agents." That Rachel seemed very nice at first! Reading your complaint was like deja vu. Hope you get your things soon, because I didn't get my things until 3 weeks after their promise date. New Way Movers buyer beware!!!

• At
      25th of Jul, 2008

New Way Movers SUCK!!! They're dishonest, rude, never call back, money hungry...and these are all traits after they get you to put down a deposit! Absolutely DO NOT USE these movers!! I honestly thought that I was the only one that they tried to rip off. If anyone is lucky enough to read this before signing on with them, just know that they have to refund your deposit if they haven't provided you the service (VISA and Mastercard laws). They tried to tell me that I couldn't get my deposit back. But the contract states that I have 72 hours to cancel before the move date, for a full refund. I had to cancel their service due to personal reasons, and they refused to call me back until I got a lawyer involved. They claimed that my contract was a fake and that they had the real one. Seriously??? Stay far away from this company and when you're doing your research, don't just go their website. Make sure you're googling the company names (c0mplaint sites, better biz bureau, etc.), that's how I found out about all these complaints. Which is what I should have done in the first place. Thank goodness I canceled with them, because it sounds like it could have been a whole lot worst if I hadn't.

• Cr
      18th of May, 2009

I completely agree!!! We moved with them from Florida to Colorado and it was one of the most terrible experiences ever. They gave us like three different estimates and at the end charge us more… At the beginning I was in contact with Edna – one of the owners- who seemed to be nice but after they sent me the estimate she disappeared and Joseph – the other owner -came to the picture and he was very rude and provided a horrible customer service and human treatment. They stole our tempurpedic mattress, our sound equipment (very expensive speakers) and never gave us an explanation of why those things disappear. They treated us really bad and I really suggest for ANYBODY TO USE THIS COMPANY EVER.!!! These people are organized thefts.

• Am
      11th of Nov, 2009

THE WORST! We had our car shipped by this company. The truck driver called us when he was three hours away from where he was supposed to drop off our car but we were still en route. Since we weren't there when he claims we said we would be, he dropped off the vehicle and an "undisclosed location" and said he would tell us where the car was when he got his money!! This guy was ridiculous! He expected us to mail him a check with the balance we owed him and he would tell us where our car was. I guess he thinks holding our car for ransom was legal and professional. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!

• Mr
      1st of Dec, 2009

I am SO bummed that I did not find these reviews before my sweet Mother in Law gave these unintelligent fools her money. This company is beyond unprofessional and I am shocked that they are still in business. They are WAY past their "2-4" days of leeway... today is day 6 and my poor Mom in Laws car has STILL not been picked up. Yesterday I talked to 4 employees, most of whom had extremely strong accents and were hard to understand, the 3rd phone call resulted in being yelled at by a New Way Supervisor and then ended when the said Supervisor hung up on me!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

• Yo
      28th of Jan, 2010

Guys, the company that your all talking about is not new way movers is NEW WAY MOVING SERVICES, they're 2 different companies, dont get it wrong. Moving services is a broker...when you are complaining be more specific on the actual names of the companies.
    Regards to all, a happy customer form New Way Movers :)

• Mt
      7th of Jun, 2010

New Way Moving Services based out of Miami... their phone is 866-562-2051. They are indeed TERRIBLE. They took my deposit in January. It is now June 7th. They were to pick up a car for me on June 1st. On day two of the five day time frame that they were to pick up my car I found out that what they do is to try to find an independent truck driver to pick the car up for them. It is now one day past the time frame my car was to be picked up and they still have not found a truck driver. They also want me to pay more to have it picked up. They said on Friday that they would call me back that day but they never did. I still don't have my car picked up.
    My advice...DON'T use these people.

• Ke
      14th of Aug, 2010

Exactly the same thing happened to us. The lady Rachel was very nice in the begining and followed up like anything for the deposit but the moment she received it, her attitude totally changed, She started avoiding phone calls. The pick up day of our car was past and we kept on getting the answer that we are trying to find a truck. The fifth day after the pick up date was passed and no one turned up neither we got any update from them except for the rude answers to our follow up calls. We were told to handover the car keys to a friend and the driver would pick up the car following monday. We had to fly that night and had a friend waiting for the driver to handover the keys. Two mondays have passed after that and they are still finding a truck. Finally my husband had to fly down again and drove the car himself. New Way Moving Services refused to refund us the deposit. All we got was stress, frustration and loss of money with this company. Never ever deal with them. They are BIG BIG LIARS, especially Rachel, she is a organised thief !

• Ku
      12th of Sep, 2010

I had a very horrible experience with these guys. My baggage has been stolen and my car has been damaged. I WAS TOLD THAT I CAN KEEP UPTO 100LBS AND NOW THEY SAY THEY ARE NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR MY BAG. When I posted my horrible experience on transportreviews.com, I got a call from Newway movers(Rachel) and she told me that she is gonna get this resolved only when I take off the review. This is totally rediculous.

GUYS, DONT GO WITH THESE GUYS. VERY VERY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE EVER.

• Ti
      29th of Oct, 2010

Terrible company, HIGHLY UNPROFESSIONAL, Unbelievable RUDE Customer service.
    I had a similar experience where they made all sorts of false claims before I paid my deposit to have my car shipped (Yes, a lady named Rachel). After I paid the deposit, I never heard from them. A day before I was supposed to have my car moved, I get a call from a driver who says he wanted to pick up my car within a few hours. Also he refused to let me put anything in my car when the industry norm is to allow 100 pounds of personal items in the car. I asked for the driver to check with New Way Moving Services about this. A dispatcher from New Way called me back and was extremely rude and said that this particular driver did not want any luggagge in the car and hence I could not send anything in the car. This put me in a bad situation, because I was supposed to leave in 2 days and now had to make alternate arrangements to send my stuff, which could have easily fit in the trunk of my car. I was so put off by the rude, unprofessional behavior of everyone in the company - the driver, dispatcher, manager (Cynthia), Sales rep, that I decided to book immediately with another company.Going by the comments above, I guess it was a wise decision on my part- these guys are cheap and hence they cannot deliver.
    Of course New Way says they provided their service, so they will not refund my deposit.
    I THINK THEY DONT DESERVE TO BE IN A SERVICES BUSINESS WITH THEIR RUDE EMPLOYEES. NEVER WORK WITH THEM!

• Pr
      3rd of Dec, 2010

WHAT YOU FELLOW COMPLAINERS DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT THIS COMPANY IS NOT A MOVING COMPANY, THEY ARE A BROKER, THEY DON'T OWN TRUCKS, MOVING PADS DOLLYS ETC, THEY GIVE YOU A NICE PRICE, GET YOUR DEPOSIT (WHICH THEY KEEP) POST YOUR HHG'S LOAD ON THE INTERNET FOR OTHER MOVING COMPANIES TO GRAB...LOOK AT THE NAME ON THE TRUCKS, NONE OF THEM SAY NEW WAY!!!
    BROKERS ARE THE [censor] OF THE TRANSPORTATION INDUSRTY, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, CALL A REAL MOVING COMPANY...

• So
      9th of Aug, 2012

Do not use this company and that are horrible and think everyone is idiot and I got news for them. Pretty much the same story from up above and now I review everything before I every do business with any company. I had to go find another company for my car to be transported. Within 24 hrs. My car was pick up and ready to go and the driver let me know where he was and when he was getting there. Not a problem and very happy. This company cost me more then I expected plus. I was out of four car rental some nerve.

Buyer beware of the bait and switch They think everyone is so stupid and we will see who is stupid and these people need to be out of business. Good luck and I am so sorry for all your trouble and moving is very stressful enough.

• Ke
      19th of Jun, 2013

New way moving services is Hoorible. They hound you and hound you and cut deals that they cannot deliver on then the customer service people cuss at you in a nearly understanding Spanish accent. I will have my credit card company reverse the charge as they sold a service ypthey could not deliver on, .

• Ab
      1st of Apr, 2014

They were very bad on customer service and this
    company has the worst service I have experienced in my life. I wished I was not
    lied to and con into depositing my money before receiving any service from them.
    I spoke with Mary and was promised and told I Was going to have my car pick up
    the same week and no longer than that. After 3 mounts of waiting then they
    called me and they told me that we couldn’t find you driver to carry your car.
    I told them ok just give me my money back then they told me WE ARE SORRY WE can’t
    give you the money back.

There are many reasons of not hire this company

1. They
    will never pick your car up

2. They
    will promise you with lower price and then they will ask for more money

3. Very
    Very bad customer service

4. They
    will never answer their phone and when they answer it then they will hung up
    the phone on your face

5. They
    will be very nice until you pay the deposit then they will be so mean

6. They
    will tell you many excuses that is why they didn’t find driver and one of them
    the weather

7. I
    hired them with $320 then they asked for
    $500 more and if you say no then you will lose your deposit

8. This
    company is dishonest

9. They
    don't have their own drivers

10. If
    you want to be stressed out and inconvenienced, this is the company for you!

11. When
    you post a negative review on Transport Review.com about their bad service then
    they will call you to remove the post and they will promised you that if you
    delete the bad review that they will give you some of your money back and then
    when you delete the bad review you will never receive anything from them so
    please DO NOT remove your bad review post from Transport Review.com.

If you want to hire this company then please when
    they asked you to pay deposit, DO NOT PAY because you will not have your car
    and not your money back. I will never forget this and this is why I'm writing
    this review. You will never hear the good but make that clear you will
    definitely hear the bad. Please don't hire this people! Take care.

• Em
      6th of May, 2014

This company is dishonest and not true to their word. I was going to use them to move my sister's car. 10 minutes after booking I was called by my sister she has secured someone at the same time. I called immediately back and halted the order even before they could process the request yet they refuse to return my $175 fee. They refuse to answer my calls and/or return my emails. I do not recommend this company to anyone!!

10th of Oct, 2015

Please do not give your deposit to this company or do not sign any contracts with them, they will take $200.00 upfront as a deposit and then will call you a few days later and will force you to you to sign another contract for a higher cost and if you say no then your previous deposit is gone. I have filed a complaint against these people in the state of florida.

I had sent an online inquiry to a few companies to have my car moved from baltimore md to california. Leo from new way moving service called me to follow up, he gave me a low ball offer of $900.00 for the total cost of moving and at that point he started asking me to give him a deposit to confirm the deal.

As soon as leo and his manager got the deposit from me they disappaered and a new person named jenni, a real rude lady, said to me to pay an additional $200.00 or your car will not be moved regardless of the contract, which actually guaranteed that my vehicle would be shipped out in the next few days. I ended up having to pay extra to get my car. They got me by their scam or bait and switch!

• Ni
      16th of Oct, 2015

I had contracted this company to move my car from NY to HI. They did excellent job. Everything was as promised. Their customer service was excellent and they kept in touch with me through out the whole process. I do understand previous reviews that things might went wrong but I suggest to give them a try they are very professional

• Sh
      18th of Oct, 2015

Super!!! Excellent service, great customer service with affordable prices. I have been contacted by Mary after submitting my online request for quotes. She explain me the whole process. My car was picked up the next day and was delivered with 5 days in Los Angeles. A lot of their competitors will bad mouth them but they really knows what they are doing. Thumb up!!!

• In
      3rd of May, 2016

NEVER EVER SELECT THIS COMPANY.

They offer you cheap price at the beginning and lure you to have a contract. And when actual moving day is coming, they will mention that the price is higher than that. And at that time, you cannot cancel the contract, because, if you read carefully about their contract, then it says that the actual price will vary, and the deposit is non-refundable.

Check the contract VERY VERY thoroughly. But really, this company is not honest, and not reliable.

READ CAREFUL BELOW REVIEWS. It's not just me. So many customers trapped, and never get the service!

• Ab
      29th of Sep, 2016

This is a terrible company! Avoid it like the Plague.
    We contracted them to pick up a small race car and a skid of spare parts they quote us 1375.00 then when they had a driver to come get it we were told it was going to cost 2000.00 because the skid had parts on it. OF Course the skid has parts on it! They were told it was a 4'4'4' skid 250lbs an empty skid would not be 250lbs!!! and why would someone in there right mind ship an empty skid across the country!

They are refusing to refund our 200.00 deposit. It seems there intentions from the beginning were to quote us low to get us to sign the contract then try to extort us out of more money at time of pick up because we have no other choice. These are disgusting business practices. These people should be put in jail!