Neckline Slimmer / Deceptive Hidden Charges

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I went online to order a Neckline Simmer after I tried it at a friend's house. I hated the whole ordering process. It kept asking to order more products and I kept declining, I was going to cancel the whole thing but did not have a choice. It never asked me to confirm the order before the deal was closed. It gave me a total of 15.90 for shipping because they charge $7.95 extra for shipping the "free" cream which you cannot decline. SCAM!!! I was so angry, I called the customer service and she said that it was explained on the home page - never saw that.. and when I asked how long does it take to get the product, she answered 2 to 4 weeks. I was OUTRAGED!!! I felt totally at their mercy.

Comments

• Jl
      18th of Apr, 2010

BEWARE ordering online. This company is perpetrating a fraud along the lines of Enzyte seller Steve Warshak and Berkely Premium Nutraceuticals. Warshak got 25 years in the federal pen, and many of his employees were also put away for multiple years.

The Neckline folks are billing online customers -- and perhaps phone-paying customers, too -- an extra $8 for fake neck cream. By the time customers realize they are facing the extra charge, it's too late. Repeated calls to customer service, even a day after the initial transaction, are met with an agent who claims to be unable to access to the order despite confirmation and "order complete" receipts with an order number. They blame it on a badly engineered computer system that only allows them access to the order after "48 to 72 hours, " when, of course, the customer has moved on and written off the $8 as not worthy of the hassle.

So, like Berkely wasn't, Neckline isn't committing grand larceny. But petty theft on a mass scale is a serious crime, and if prosecuted judiciously will very likely net folks some serious jail time.