NCO-Medclr / non-existing medical debt

To whom it may concern: Over the past several years, from June of 2003, to now, March of 2008, I have repeatedly tried to get acknowledgement from NCO-MEDCLR collection agency that the bills that they claim have not been paid (to/for a variety of on-going medical care due to my illnesses/medical conditions and needs, to a variety of healthcare facilities), were in fact paid by medicare, in full, and were submitted by me to medicare, and, as I also discovered at the time, those bills were/had been also submitted to medicare by the health providers as well, and even though they WERE submitted by healthcare providers, ended up in collections because of the length of time that it took for the claims to be paid to the healthcare providers. I have contacted NCO-MEDCLR upon several occasions to indicate the same, and, they insist that they never got any indication from the healthcare providers that the bills had been paid to the healthcare providers by medicare. They refuse, even now, to remove the delinquencies from my credit report; even though the original debt/claim was in fact paid by medicare. Also, once one bill got sent to them, and even after it was paid for by a medicare claim, paid directly to healthcare provider, this collection agency now had my information, and suddenly other "bills" showed up on my credit report. I never got any kind of notification of such, and I can tell you that most of the bills that are showing up on my credit report as collections under this NCO-MEDCLR seemingly cannot be traced to any such treatment dates for me. This has continued to not only frustrate me, but, possibly jeopardize my ability to secure future credit requests. I recently have been approved to purchase a service dog hearing ear and mobility assistance, through the use of a special loan program. This complaint I am filing officially is in response to a requirement that the loan closure has: that there be satisfactory proof regarding a payment arrangement for these accounts that are showing up as delinquent. I have had NO gap in medicare coverage, and, I believe that due to the outright lies and avoidance tactics that this collection agency seemingly makes a practice of doing to many, this agency, as a result of fraudulent billing practices may cause serious damage to my credit.

Comments

Ev
  11th of Sep, 2008

does any one have a number for these people NCO?

Ni
  6th of May, 2009

Honey i am right with you on this! I had a misscarriage in 07 and my hospital bills where paid in full by a state medical card and i went to go apply for a home loan and since this was on my credit it brought my credit score way down. I tried to contact them and they dont care. They want there money and that is all there is to it. I told them that this was paid in full and they told me that if i was not willing to pay in full then there was nothing they could do for me and it would remain on my credit. now im screwed!
Something has to be done about this! Its really getting out of hand!