IQ Data Complaints & Reviews

IQ Dataharassing phone calls

Those reps from IQ data are soo rude !! They talk to you anyway and think that's gonna get them paid ! The guy said he tracked me down from my Facebook page !! That's creepy and then he said you know who I am I just told you lady . This guys name was Chris trust you will know when he calls you he is rude from the start . . Maybe they should think about how they call people and talk to them because they won't get a damn dime talking to people like [censor] . Get it together

IQ Dataharassment

Omg... This place calls and harasses me non stop!!! I spoke with them on friday and told them that I did not have the remaining $1402.50 owed as I had already made a payment of $900 within a month to them of an amount of $2500 that is owed. Today is monday, I had 2 missed calls on my cell phone and then they even had the nerve to call my parents house. After I found out they called there, I was pissed. I called them and jody thornberry answered, which is by far the most unpleasant person i've ever dealt with in my life. I told her I told you on friday, I didn't have the money. Mind you they tried running my debit card that I had used to make the previous payments with. I knew they would try running that card, so I went to my bank and had it cancelled and got a new one... They weren't smart enough to figure that one out. Anyways, they call twice today and told her I told you, I would make payment arrangements, but I do not have the $1402.50 to pay you today... She went off on me and said we are trying to work with you, clearly you're not. I said I will continue to pay you what I can, when I can. She was like that's not going to work and we are going to report it to the credit agency. I was like fine do what you have to do! Where do these people get off??? How would they like it if I contacted them day after day and harassed them. Some people go through bumps in the road in life and should be treated as people that are trying to get back on the right track.

IQ Dataheld hostage

Being held hostage by the devil Iq data a total of four years, for a lieing cheating, greedy Apartments complex. They sold the property to another company Center Pointe Raleigh Nc so they say or just changed the named because service was so bad the complex had black mole, flood refrigerator, taped furnaces sparkling stove with no maintenance response I moved out of that hazard a month early. Wanting to move out, I left in a proper matter had a cleaning crew help clean and move my items . Now Iq data after the Judge dismissed the small claim the Landing had on me Iq data is still thristy. So I call them after four years and tired to clear my name and they joked and said they will not take any payments nor will I be able to rent another apartment it like the slave
master is held me hostage.

held hostage

IQ Data

IQ Datakeep sending someone else's mail to me

IQ data keeps sending me a collections for a person named Debbi Shields. I opened the first letter by mistake and called the local number. The receptionist screamed at me that I had committed a felony and I was in big trouble. Refused to listen or let me talk to the person in charge of the loan. I sealed the letter in the envelope and returned it to the company with a note that it's the wrong address. Yesterday the resent a collections letter to the same person, Debbi Shields, to my address. I'm sending it back to IQ data today. This poor person is not getting a notice of collections and they're probably going to tag on extra charges and ruin her credit.

IQ Datapast rent debt

I owe past property debt and it was sent to IQ Data collection agency/ Stephanie Gorla. I haven't been able to completely pay off the debt because of the amount (over 2, 000), added interest, no job, lack of income and special circumstances. I just start making payments to IQ Data recently and agreed to pay $200 monthly and then the remainder of the debt at tax time. I just called IQ Data before my payment is due and told them that I am unable to pay the $200 this month because of all the expenses and things I had to pay out for the month and I noted my birthday, christmas and so much going on this month that I had no control over. Stephanie Gorla then tries to make me feel that I can't make my payment because I need the money for my birthday and starts making assumptions about my personal situation. To top it off I have a special needs child who requires 24/7 care and a another child and a single mom. Stephanie tells me it's been 3 years and that this debt should of been paid. I got very very frustrated with Stephanie on the phone and tried to explain to her why it hadn't been paid. She was talking to me in a way that upset me and she was trying to make me feel like I am not taking responsibility for my debt. I understand I set up payment arrangements but I agreed to make a double payment in the beginning of January. And that still wasn't could enough. It is my debt and It is very important that I take care of this debt but I don't need to feel pressured or made to feel bad because my situation limits me to be to pay it faster or because f I don't have the money. If I had the money I would pay it off.

• Bj
    bjdenetdeel Apr 07, 2014

Customer representative was rude, was trying to explain when I would be able t make another payment. He just hung up on me and told me he was going to call my employer. Gz, what kind of business is this.

IQ Dataunauthorized credit charges

This company is so horrible. My cousin broke a lease on an apartment, i was on the lease also. They say we owe $5513.59. I cannot pay that amount, but we were trying to collect the funds and pay them by the 20th of january 2010, to stop the lawsuits, (Even thought your credit is ruined the second they start calling).
Do not give them a card number to secure your account - they will run the card daily for the amount you owe. I put my boyfriends prepaid credit card on file to stop the court proceedings, they ran it 9 times, even though they knew the card was not in my name, for $5, 513.59. Imagaine. They lied to me and when i called the bbb, district attorney they said this is legal for them. Anytime you give credit card info it authorizes them to run it. If you have given it already, cancelling the card is the only way to stop the unauthorized charges.
Unfortunelty, they will have to take me to court now, and then i will file bankruptcy. This world is so ^*&* () *...

Make a report with bbb, with the district attorney and the consumer fair acts.

IQ Dataharrasment and unprofessionalism

I have been called several times and when I try to discuss the matter at hand all I get back is just pay the debt because you owe it at thats that. The first woman I spokewith was okay at first then became very rude and threatening to me. I tired explaining that I had never received anything in the mail and she said that they snt me several letters which I still have yet to receive and they have my correct address because I gave it to her myself. The calls stopped and today 8/18/09 a gentleman not even giving his name was very rude and told me to get out my credit card or check book to pay them and stop the excusses. I told him I was disputing it because of the circumstances and he told me I couldnt and that the full balance was owed. As he got louder and started to argue with me I finally decided that I wasnt going to deal with his unprofessionalism and told him to have a nice day and I hung up. As I have read thru most of the complaints about this company I dont see how they are still in business due to the attitude of the people that represent them. I was screwed over by the apartment company because they bought out the previous company I worked for and now they wann make me pay almost $3000 dollars. They are crazy along with this collection agency.

• St
    streetpunkstar Aug 18, 2009

Hello Jennifer,

I just received the same phone call today from the same company. If they didn't send you a written bill, then I suggest getting a lawyer. Article 807 Section 11 of the Fair Debt Reporting Act states they must send you a written notice of a bill. Failure to do so is in violation and they can be held liable fine a minimum of $1, 000 plus lawyer fees, up to $100, 000. Confirm this with a lawyer, I'm waiting for mine to respond. Consultation is free with most debt lawyers.

I told Iqdata several times that I want to pay the bill, but they claim they keep sending me the bill over email and mail after I sent them the correct address more than once. I caught them making mistakes about my address, email address, even my social security number. (They were close, but not correct. DONT GIVE THEM YOUR REAL ONE.)

Good luck, I will find out more when I do.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices