Nationwide Insurance Company / wrongful death

1 Kingwod, TX, United States

My 16 year old daughter was killed in a single vehicle fatality. The 16 year old driver was 100% at fault with many violations.

The insurance company contacted us immediately to settle the Wrongful Death Claim that they filed NOT us. They tried to contact us on numerous occassions and when we could finally talk to them I told them that we expected the payout to be only policy limits and then I expected them to leave the driver's family and our family alone. They refused to disclose policy limits and made us an unreasonable offer.

My daughter was killed 5 months ago and we have now been forced to hire an attorney to sue the drivers family. If this actually goes to trial the one survivor, who is also a child, will have to be deposed along with all of their friends who were in the other car and who witnessed the crash, along with the parents of the driver, along with us.

What is Nationwide thinking to put us all through this pain and additional grief??? Nationwide is definitly not protecting their insured.

We all pay 100% premiums for 100% policy limits insurance but apparently Nationwide thinks that we are to pay 100% for only a portion of the policy limits represented at the time of quote and payment.

NATIONWIDE IS NOT ON ANYBODY'S SIDE IN THIS SITUATION. SHAME ON NATIONWIDE INSURANCE AND ALL OF THEIR CLAIMS DEPARTMENT. WHAT HAPPENED TO HUMAN COMPASSION. NO WONDER WE ARE IN SUCH A WORLD OF HURT.

Respectfully,