Nationstar Mortgage / harassment

United States Review updated:

These people are unreal with the harassing phone calls. I have never missed a mortgage payment or been late beyond thee 17the. Unfortunately my mortgage was sold to theem from Bank of America. From thee frying pan into thee fire. My mortgage is due in thee 1st of each monthe. It is considered late on thee 17the of thee monthe. If theey do not receive thee payment on or before thee 1st, theey will harass you everyday until theey receive payment. They will call you 5 times a day and more. The people you talk to have no idea what is going on withe each otheer. They blame thee problems on thee otheer departments. Even when you pay theem, it will not clear internally for some reason anywhere from 1 to 3 days. These people you talk to on thee phone will tell you it has not cleared theere department yet. I believe thee only way theat theey can get mortgages is by buying theem therough otheer lenders. Because I can not see anybody using theem on theeir own. Good luck if you use theem.

Comments

• Si
      6th of Oct, 2009

Nationstar morgage company has gone back and forth on that the Obama program is going save my home. But then I am getting letters from Nationstar that my house will be going into forclosuer on Nov 4, 2009. I have called this morgage company over and over about these letters and the people at Nationstar keep telling me to ignore them.

I am not getting anywhere and I am afraid that my family and I will be in the street right before the holidays. I looked up the complaints on this morgage company here recently and found many more people in my shoes and stating that they too were told to ignore the letters and found themselves out in the street. I don't have the money for an attorney and I am so stressed out on not knowing what my future holds for my family.

• Bi
      9th of Oct, 2009

I got sold in 2008 to Nationstar, who I never even heard of and I'm sorry I ever did. It' s been nothing but a ongoing nightmare since Feb 2008. Their title company was to cut a check per my closing for the 1st half of my house taxes. Nationstar was to pay the 2nd half. But Fiserv(the title co.) sent the wrong amount and it got kicked back. They said nothing and did nothing. When Nationstar tried to pay the 2nd half it got kicked back because the first half was never paid. Now neither company said nothing and did nothing. In August 2008 I got a letter from the town my taxes were deliquent and a lein was being placed on my property in Sept.2008. I took an entire day off from work and spent it on the phone between Nationstar, the Town, the County and Fiserv. I found out Fiserv still had the check it had never been cashed. I was in contact with Jeffrey of Nationstar Escrow. I told him Fiserv had the check, gave him the contact there I had spoken too and the check number. He said it would be taken care of, no problem. A few weeks later I called the town, they said everything was paid and there was no lien. Everythings good right??? WRONG!!! It seems Jeffery and Nationstar took out an advance of money from First American (who holds the escrow monies). They took basically an unauthorized loan on my mortgage for $7000.00 in Aug 2008. I found this out 8 months later in April 2009. How?? I had just made the April payment online. My account appeared perfectly normal on the statements. There was no inkling of what they had done until I received a letter on April 6, 2009 that my next payment (in 3 weeks for May 2009) would be an additional $700.00 a month to payback the advance they took out 8 months earlier to cover the tax money they lost. I went NUTS. That was Saturday and all was closed. Again Monday I took off from work and called them. Needless to say, they told me they would file a dispute it could take 30 day...then 90 days... it has now passed 6 months and they still have not gotten back a single dime of my money. I have been working with a woman named Theresa Pointer in Escrow, but she has suddenly disappeared in the last month (they said she's been out sick). Now I have Tom in Escrow and Fiserv contacts with the Research Department of Randy Foyer and Kathy Kinkerk. Not only can they not get the money back from Fiserv (I even sent them an entire packet of papers certified registered mail w/signature required) with a copy of the page from my mortgage that shows what should have happened, but they themselves cannot find the money they should be holding for what should have been the second half of the taxes. But they said "Don't worry about that yet, we have to get the Fiserv money back first." The original tax bill and what they ended up paying, of course, were different amounts because of the interest and penalties that accrued after they paid it also. I have refused to pay them ANY of the extra amount since May, because I believe they are thieves and con-artists and I will not pay on money for an unauthorized loan they took out because they are incompetent. So now they keep saying my payments are behind, they put each payment into a holding account until it adds up to what they want it to be. I call them 3-4 times a week. They call me 2-3 times A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK. They send me threatening letters about foreclosure, and remodification of my loan. I get phone calls from all these departments- Customer Service, Collections, Foreclosure, Research and Escrow. I am on the automatic dialer so they call me everyday including Saturday and Sunday when they are closed, besides the live operators. It starts at 8 am and goes till 9 pm. This for the last 5 months.. They threaten me constantly. I even had a supervisor hang up on me during one phone call because of my attitude toward her (this was on a third phone call of one day from them after about 4 months of this crap) She didn't like my tone or attitude and wouldn't be spoken to "in that manner" and when and if I calmed down and adjusted my attitude I could call back to speak to them..with that she hung up on me. So 6 months and still waiting for them to find my money...it's the worst nightmare scenario. I would never have imagined this happening to me. All my bills are paid on time..but my credit is now in the CRAPPER because of this..because, of course, they are report me as being deliquent to the credit bureaus. I cannot even refinance through another bank just to get away from them because of all the damage they have done to my credit. I can't sleep and have nightmares, I don't know what to do anymore. :(

• Of
      12th of Nov, 2009

Sintia,
    Go to the link below:
    many homeowners share knowledges, tips and tricks with mod. not necessarily with Nationstar .. but you can gain knowledge.
    OFC

• St
      10th of Dec, 2011

In May of 2010 we sold our home. First Horizon Mortgage Co. held the mortgage. Although it was a short sale, the sale was approved, the deed transferred and all was well (we thought). First Horizon apparently sold our mortgage information (AFTER the sale of our property) to Nationstar Mortgage who has been harassing us since June 2010 to make our mortgage payments, pay the property taxes, insure and avoid foreclosure on a home WE NO LONGER OWN. Despite making phone calls bi-monthly and sending 30+ page faxes (which include the escrow closing papers) to every department at Nationstar for which we have a fax number, we continue to recieve this harassment. They will admit that "First Horizon sold us several old loans which had been closed", but 6 months later nothing has been resolved. And there's more...since we "have not proven that we carry insurance on the home" (which we don't own) Nationstar has taken out insurance FOR us, the annual payment of which is $3, 600.+ WE INSURED THE HOME WHILE LIVING THERE FOR $360. YEAR ...WHAT A SCAM if they're doing the same for others WITH Nationstar loans.

• Ro
      10th of Apr, 2012

I just sent them a letter directing no further contact under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act for the same thing. Harassing calls claiming the mortgage is past due when, as you say, it is not. No human being at the number they leave; just press 4; press 2 hell.Costs them nothing to robo-call everybody and harass them into submission.

• Me
      16th of Apr, 2012

After giving them nearly $10, 000.00 to get out of foreclosure we started receiving harrassing phone calls the very next day stating we were a month and a half behind and we had 15 days to get current. After giving them that kind of money we thought we had a month to recoop a months payment but no...within weeks they sent foreclosure notice again. Called to get a workout resolution and they would not help us, said we hadn't paid our taxes in a year...but we escrow our taxes inot our payment so we couldn't figure out why part of the $10, 000 we gave them didn't cover the taxes. So now several months later to no avail we are about to lose our home. We actually only owe them $6600 since they have not taken any payments from us but in order to consider us current they want $9200.00 - why are these people still in business? We have tried to give them money but they will not work with us...sad that we want to make our mortgage payment and we got sold off to a company who isn't willing to accept it.

• Me
      16th of Apr, 2012

and the $10, 000 we gave them was because they said we defaulted on our agreement with the Making Homes Affordable and had to pay a ton of fees, we were only a few months behind...I think I should of gotten a lawyer but my pride got the best of me and I just gave them all of my 401K that I had available to get out as a loan.

• Na
      2nd of May, 2012

NationStar is a Crook and blood sucker. That's all I can say about them.

• Na
      2nd of May, 2012

Nationstar is a Crook and Blood Sucker.