National Pen Company - www.pens.com / this company is a classic scam!

National Pen Company is a promotional gift company. On the literature they sent us and on their Website, www.pens.com, it clearly mentions that 2008 calendars will ship within 7 days or less. We placed an order with them on August 27, 2007 for a promotional event schedules for Sept 18, thinking we have plenty of time. After a week of multiple phone call and assurances that order is fine finally on Sept 4, 8 days after the order was placed here is what they mentioned:

The 7 days promise is actually for 7 days after completion of production Your order was lost but even if we correct it today it will take 2-3 weeks to ship in transit time from Tennessee to California is 2 weeks So you should see your order by end of Sept. (5 weeks after order was placed).

This company is a classic SCAM. We are now scrambling to find someone to produce the calendars we need by Sept 18. Please don't put your promotional needs in the hand of fly by night companies like National Pen.

Va

Comments

10th of Dec, 2007

Santa Clause

I’m not posting my real name because I still haven’t received my order. NEVER place an order with this company if you need your product within a specific time. You will get one date from the sales associate which is totally inaccurate. I should have listened to the other complaints but thought the price was worth it. Yes, they are cheap in comparison to other companies; however, they are not reliable. Depending on the quality of the order (if I ever receive it), I will only do business with them in the future if I don’t need the product for months. My original order was quoted at 3 weeks. We are now on week 6 and my product has not been produced! I would be more understanding if the product was at least on its way – but it’s not even made yet. If you’re contemplating ordering with this company, think twice.

1st of May, 2008

I am an employee of National Pen Company. I have worked there for about a year now. They are the cheapest place i have ever seen, their products fall apart! out of 137 writting untensiles sold they only make five in the US. They have [censored] me several times, like promising promotions that never happen, one instance I was promised a promotion and was laid off not even a week later. They treat u like a number and try to nickel and dime you out of your pay as well! I too hate this company. Its amazing thye've stayed in business as long as they have!!! Recently they were bought out by a company named Berwin (which also owns elmer's). While they are cheap too, they do understand that customers are no. 1 and that every one matters; over all things have made a turn around. The nonexistant customer service has been referbished. I hope that there is a future for this company in america, and that its not shipped to china klike everything else is

• Da
      17th of Jun, 2008

I ordered pens from pens.com and was happy with the order but when they charged my credit card they charged more then double, I called the company and they gave me a credit but after more then ten days my credit card still was not credited. I again called the company and was told it taked three to four weeks for the credit to be processed, this is about the most rediculous thing I've ever heard of.

In addition, many of the pens I've given away to my customers have broken and these were not the cheap pens these were to $2.49 pens. You can get good deals here but the quality is not great and if there's a problem expect it to take a while to be resolved and expect to have to make many phone calls as well.

• Je
      8th of Jul, 2008

I have pens and "stick 'em" notes ordered from National Pen. I ordered them by telephone and was sent to my HOME via UPS..
    I don't know whom I am the most angry with... National Pen or UPS!!
    The computer sez' that they were to be delivered at 7:47 AM!! Perhaps they would be delivered at 7:47 a.m.(by UPS) but our Post Office (USPS) had the package (just pens) on the pens!! Thank goodness they were sent out by our post office and arrived where my work is July 7!! The credit card was credited June 19, 2008, and a letter was sent dated June 23, 2008. The numbers listed on the computer were NOT the ones used on the UPS tracking numbers!! (Not enough numbers used...)
    (Am not used to putting down 20 words or less...)
    I have to agree with those who have listed as having problems with this company..."good deals here but the quality is not great and if there's a problem expect it to take a while to be resolved and expect to have to make many phone calls as well..." jle

• Vi
      7th of Nov, 2008

I wish I had read these complaints before we got into a relationship with National Pen that lasted five months, saw us out of three hundred dollars and change, and numerous harassing phone calls, and here's the kicker- for products that were never delivered to us, probably never produced by them.- Vicky

• Ro
      10th of Nov, 2008

I ordered calenders early because free gift boxes were to be included, when I received them 3 months later, no gift boxes were included and they did not back up the offer as stated. I was billed promptly though.

• St
      23rd of Jan, 2009

National Pen Is the worst company in history!
    I think every body at this company has there head up there ###! Joey Skinner is the worst CSR I have ever dealt with in my professional career! I placed a simple order over 3 weeks ago for 300 pens, was promised a delivery date and the day of the delivery, I called and the order had not even been processed. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! THEY WILL SCREW YOU!!!

• Fl
      26th of Apr, 2009

I have ordered from pens.com several times and have been very happy with all my orders. I ordered cheap pens with grip on them and the write wonderfully.

I also ordered pocket calendars and had no problems with them either. I order way in advance so I am never in a rush so I am not sure about timeliness, but I had them when I needed them.

Perhaps if these complaints offered a better solution I may look into trying them.

• Lb
      28th of Apr, 2009

I had looked on the website at some promtional items and was designing something with my logo. It kicked me out, before I finished. Since I knew the order was incorrect I called to make sure it didn't process. Guess what showed up today 7 weeks later. My alleged order that according to customer service didn't go thru. Now I owe them $190 for a product that wasn't what I wanted. I didn't business with them years ago and didn't have any issues. Stay far away from this company.

• Ha
      14th of May, 2009

I agree I am currently employed with National Pen Company. The customer service reps are not allowed to do anything without someone elses approval. Customers are responsible for their orders even if they are incorrect and the customer is still responsible for paying for the order. TERRRIBLE RELATIONSHIPS WITH CUSTOMERS

• Hi
    Shelbyville
    Tennessee
    Phone: 800-347-7367
    pens.com

This company is a complete and total ripoff for anyone wanting quality advertising products at a fair price. They have prices in their ads then during checkout the "set up" fees and highly inflated shipping costs crop up.
    I ordered some pens and magnets on the 9th of May. In that order, the set up fees and shipping added up to over $60.00. (2 small boxes).
    I received an email from the company before I had received my merchandise. The email stated they would waive the set up fees and include $5.00 shipping for all orders.
    I called their "customer service" to ask if I could be included in that special. The rude lady on the phone told me that they could not give me that special pricing because my order had already been processed.
    So much for their claims that they will do what is necessary to make the customer satisfied.
    National Pen Company should be avoided!!

3rd of Jul, 2009

We are a pen supplier from China, Export all type of logo pens, promotional pens, you can find our products on the website: www.logopen.cn, we can offer the pens for our customer at very cheap price, 10000PCS Pens, The Production lead time only 7-10days, and 100, 0000 Pcs Pens Production lead time, 10-15days, Shipment to USA, Canada, Europe are very easily and quickly, DHL, TNT, UPS, FEDEX, or by boat(LCL/Container) is avalible.feel free to contact me if u r interesting, (sales at logopen.cn)

• Im
      25th of Jul, 2009

I agree with all of you out there! This company is a rip off. We ordered a item from them, they were delivered and they were falling apart and broken. We contacted the company and they told us to return them and they would credit us for the item. We returned the broken crappy product with their own return label which they did send, and we never were credited. Two months later i received a bill stating payment was needed immeadialty, as it was over 30 days due. I contacted the collections department, and they stated they would take care of it. Three months later i received another notice from National penn and a second one from a collection agency that these funds were still owed. I again contacted National Pen about this, and they stated my account was credited and there was no balance due. Well...it seems like every two to three months that pass i receive a notice from different collection agencies stating these funds are still due. And everytime i call the com;pany and they tell me there is nothing to worry about, they will take care of it and i dont have to worry. Well this has been going on for a year and a half now. I just called both the collection agency today and National pen for the 12th time and this time their supervisor sent an email to me with the information that she sent to the collection agency. I threatened to sue them, and stated by the time i am done with them as they are defamating my character and credit, i will own their company. SO does anyone out there know of a GOOD lawyer?

• Vm
      23rd of Aug, 2009

I was an employee of Natinal pen company in the philippines for over 2 years. Not only is everyone right about the cheap products they sell, they also don't know how to treat their employees well. After I worked for the company for such a long time, I was terminated because I was hospitalized and wasn't able to report for work. I wasn't given the benifit of the doubt, even with all the medical certification to prove I was really confined in the hospital...TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, I FILED A CAE AGAISNT THE OMPANY FOR ILLEGAL DISMISSAL WITH THE LABOR BOARD HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES...NOTE: NATIONAL PEN COMPANY HAS OTHER CASES THAT WERE ALSO FILED BY EX-EMPLOYEES.

• My
      18th of Oct, 2009

I've ordered many times over the years and I've been happy with all my dealings with the company and have been happy with their products. The only negative I can think of is when I ordered Christmas CDs for my husband to send to his clients. We never received the order at all, but we weren't billed for it either, so we cancelled the order because we had already bought regular cards so we could get them out in time for Christmas. All of the other orders I made were very satisfactory. If anything, they call so many times to see if I am happy with my order that I get irritated from getting so many calls.

• Mr
      23rd of Oct, 2009

My heart is so sad that this company has proved so unreliable. I ordered pens for a conference in 2008 and loved them--good quality, good customer service. I reordered a year later and was very disappointed in the quality--2/3 of the pens are faulty. I called but have not yet received the label to send back the order--it has been a month now. They would not email the return label, only snail-mail it. Phone calls go unreturned, their online support has disconnected me, email responses repeat that the label has been sent. I ordered early to ensure that any problems would be resolved before my conference. This company has managed to destroy my timeline and my confidence in their service.

• Kj
      3rd of Nov, 2009

National Pen Company is not True to their Word. Their customer Service leaves much to be desired. Placed Pen order on September 2, 2009 with Heather Fox, and was promised that at least part of my order would be delivered prior to September 11, 2009. (Needed for scheduled event 9/12/2009) Entire order shipped out after September 12, 2009, along with another Pen order that was previously viewed, but never placed. (Internet order 9/5/2009 with dated Pen's for 9/12/2009 Event) I spent more money on the order placed with Heather Fox that the online Pen advertisement. In any case I have tried unsucessfully to resolve the additional Pen order I received. Their 100% satisfaction is just another line of BS from National Pen Company and its Personnel. I was a customer for oder 15 years and now wouldn't recommend this Company or its Customer Service to anyone.

Stay Clear of Company and its Listed Product Line.

7th of Dec, 2009

I was a customer for five years. Every year I would order my pocket calenders and they would deliver them. There was never an invoice in the box. When I asked for one, they would send me an invoice with a twenty dollar late charge added. I would then send them a check for the amount due less the twenty dollars.
    This year they haven't bothered to send the calenders, just the bill.
    Their customer service is a joke.
    Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company.

• Pi
      26th of Mar, 2010

VERY BAD do not deal with. They do not contact you if there are any problems with your order. My order was placed on 3/9/2010 I have called about the order asking when it will ship. I got blah blah. My last time talking with them was today 3/26/2010

On 3/24/10 They said it will ship by 2 day UPS. Well I got no notice it has shipped or anything so today 3/26 I asked about about my order. and they said it was discontinued a week ago!!

THEY LIED to me telling me it was going to ship and NEVER contacted me that AFTER I placed my order on 3/9 that it was discontinued on 3/22 and here I am waiting for them!

• Ve
      17th of Jun, 2010

I wish I had read this Complaints Board before ordering pens from National Pen Company. I first learned about this company through and advertisement they sent to my company PO box which came with a very nice sample pen and a reasonable offer. I placed my order and within two weeks started checking shipping status. It showed the delivery date was unknown so I eventually called customer service. They told the items were on backorder and no estimated delivery time. They couldn't even promsed me I would ever get the product! Said "it was a popular item." So, I tried again in late May. Shame on me - fool me twice!!! When I placed my order, I told the rep I needed my pens for an important marketing convention on June 22nd. The lady told me no problem. I would have them by June 18th. So again, I started checking delivery status, and again, delivery date unknown. I called customer service again and got the same lame story - on backorder, no idea they will ship. TAKE MY ADVICE, AND THE ADVICE OF EVERYONE ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD . . . STAY AWAY FROM NATIONAL PEN!!!