National Action Financial Services / Still contacting me even though I filed bankruptcy

1 Janesville, WI, US Review updated:

I have filed for bankruptcy and listed them as a creditor. They are still calling me even though they are not supposed to. This is a direct violation of the bankruptcy laws.

Comments

• Eb
      Feb 04, 2010

I was in the same situation several years ago and consulted an attorney. She told me they are in contempt of court, violating the bankruptcy laws. Type a letter stating the current situation, copy your bankruptcy filing forms (not the entire packet of forms) for your state and discharge papers if you have them and send them to these deadheads. Be sure you let them know you will be filing a complaint with your state justice department if the phone calls do not desist immediately. Also, go the the "Do No Call Registry" and register. IF they continue to call, file a complaint with them also. Good Luck

• Db
      Jul 14, 2010

You send them a cease and desist letter, a copy of the bankruptcy filing page, and the discharge letter from the Court.

Then you file a motion for contempt with the Federal Court that heard your case (Through your attorney) and ask for attorney's fees and damages for each individual violation.

Keep a log book by your telephone :)

Enjoy.