Napster / What a useless pain!

Napster has the most difficult if not impossible automated voice system I have ever encountered. I've been trying to call because my free MP3 player's shipment keeps getting delayed, but I can't talk to a person to save my own life.

The automated voice, which is grating, reads directly from the web-site and refers me to support@napster.com, which refers me BACK to the 1-800 number. And don't even try pressing zero to talk to an operator, he just starts his message over and eventually hangs up.

If you dare to navigate the menu, you are treated to a list of FAQs and other generic topics taken word-for-word from the web-site, and then hung up on when he is done talking. Fantastic.

What to do if I am calling because my problem exists outside of the "hear your payment history" option? Who writes his script? How out of touch are they?

It took me eight tries of random button-pushing to get through to someone, who promptly told me that, although I was under the "technical support" menu, he could help with anything from billing to shipping to Shop Napster. What, then, is the point of the automated voice system?

The fact that the automated voice menu features a "cancel your subscription" option alone proves that people are reconsidering Napster altogether.
What a useless pain!

Va

Comments

• Va
      27th of Dec, 2006

I joined napster about a year ago, upon trying to sign-on to download music, it wouldn't let me into my account. About a week later I gave up after e-mailing them for help, the e-mails I recieved were generic at best, basically it said I had something set improperly in my P.C.

So I did what anyone else would do and cancel the free trial, well, I received an e-mail saying I had to do it in person over the phone, I e-mailed back stating it was all set-up via internet and I should be able to cancel via internet, so just cancel the subscription. Fast forward about one year later, I was checking my online bank statement and noticed a charge from napster, they were still charging my account and I didn't even notice! So I wrote them a nasty e-mail saying to cancel my account or I will seek legal help in the matter. Surprise, surprise, I get an e-mail saying they were sorry to see me go but they will cancel it, but then I check my online bank statement and they charged me again for their service, well I think I'm going to have the bank investigate it after all and contact the consumer protection. You see, I never used their service because I could never get it to work or a person from their company to help me, so I'm not paying for services not rendered or used, especially since I asked to cancel and they ignored my request and charged me anyway, napster is a scam in my opinion, stay clear of their company at all costs.