[Resolved] MyHeritage / renewal of membership.

United Kingdom

On 29th August I was charged £120 to renew my membership despite emailing you 3 times to say that I did not want this renewing? I have emailed you a further couple of times asking for a refund but have had no response from you?
I was emailed on 31st July to say that my membership was being renewed and I emailed you the same day advising that I did not wish to renew. You had one months notice to cancel my membership yet still took £120 out of my account on 31st August.

Please refund my monies to me. You took monies from my account without my permission, and after I had specifically told you not to. I have not used your services and do not intend to in the future.

If these monies are not refunded to me I shall have no option but to take this matter further, and will require details of your Governing body in order to take further action. Please respond by return.

• Resolution statement

• MyHeritage Customer Care's Response, Oct 23, 2018

Dear MyHeritage member,

I'm sorry to find your complaint and I will do all I can to help.

To clarify, MyHeritage informs all members of the trial membership charge and its price on the automatic email that is sent out after you enroll in the membership and before every renewal. Also, one may view the status or cancel an annual subscription at any time online when logging into MyHeritage from the My Purchases page and incur no annual charge.

If you would like a refund, MyHeritage will gladly process it for you. Your refund is guaranteed by all means because of our money back guarantee to ensure all of our members with a full refund by contacting Customer Support within thirty (30) days of the initial purchase date of the subscription.

I'd like to assist you with your refund request but in order to do so, I must first verify your registered MyHeritage account.

Therefore, please e-mail me directly at rafael.[protected]@myheritage.com so I may verify your registered membership and assist you with this very high priority.

I'll be looking for your e-mail.

Sincerely