My Kitchen Rules / Baked Chocolate Mousse Cake

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Review updated:

Hello i am writing to complain about My Kitchen Rules, i recently watched Episode 2 featuring the Victorian Boys and saw the delicious chocolate cake that they had made and decided to try it myself. It was an utter disaster!! As i believe from the show, contestants only have 3 hours to prepare and cook the dishes that they will be serving for the judges and other contestants so why does the recipe state that u must cook the pears for 4 hours and refrigerate the cake overnight?? Obviously something is a miss with this show and is costing alot of viewers money by purchasing the ingredients to make this cake only to have it fail miserably! Is there an ingredient missing perhap's? Surely the amount of people complaining on the Forum and also on the Facebook thread would warrant some kind of apology or even statement regarding this? It has seriously left a BAD taste in my mouth and am considering not watching future episodes . What is the point of trying that recipe or others from the show if it is misleading people into thinking that it only takes 3 hours?? Not happy Channel 7

Comments

• Lu
      5th of Feb, 2010

I completely agree!! I tried this cake yesterday, and did EXACTLY what the recipe stated.. and today it came out completely runny with only the top layer anywhere near cooked. And the COST of that recipe too, I'm definitely not doing THAT again.

• Be
      19th of Feb, 2010

Check it out on vickie45.wordpress.com, there are step by step photos of the chocolate cake.

• Np
      16th of Mar, 2010

Get a life :)

• Ga
      15th of Feb, 2016

Why are so many people obsessed with MKR ?, I will not lower myself to watch this rubbish and for the 7 Network to continually promote it sickens me.To say it is the most watched program on TV is crap .Wake up to yourself 7 Network

• Mi
      4th of Sep, 2018
    My Kitchen Rules - Finals
    Australia

The wrong team won!!!.
    The prawns was better than the brains, the stew was better than the lobster which they couldn't eat.
    How can the judge give a 10 when she didn't like the lobster.
    The two ladies only failed on there desert.
    I can't watch the show anymore you choose the team you want to win not the best cooks.