[Resolved] My Heritage / genealogy software online ste

Utah, CA

I purchased a Complete Subscription from My Heritage on November 22, 2017. When I went to use my account, I was informed I could not make any more changes because I had a free data account and had used up my allotted space. I was prompted to upgrade to a paid subscription - which I thought I had done by allowing My Heritage to charge my VISA $189. Upon investigating the problem, I discovered that my $189 had been added to my cousin's account in Norway. My cousin has already paid for a Complete Subscription. My cousin shares the same last name "Saether" and I am an invited member to his site. The purpose of my buying a subscription was so that I could expand on my Tree not my cousin's tree - I cannot do anything on my cousin's account as I am a member only not a manager of his tree. I Have hit a wall of silence with MY Heritage. I have left a dozen messages email and voice mail. It is shabby service if this company shuts down for the entire Thanksgiving holiday Thursday to Monday! The $189 has posted to my VISA and it is now accruing interest. I had to go to another provider in order to do the work on my tree that I had planned to do since Wednesday. I have no correspondence from this company. The attached image is from my account page. The "Go Premium" indicates my account is a free subscription - no money has been added to it.

My Heritage

• Resolution statement

• MyHeritage Customer Care's Response, Nov 27, 2017

Dear Eva,

I'm sorry to read about your struggle with contacting our support center and I sympathize with your efforts.

DNA research is currently a very popular gift idea and depending on the issue, there Indeed may be a long wait time to get to your request, currently.

Although you have gone through a large amount of time in waiting for a response, we absolutely value your overall satisfaction and I see that on the 26th of November one of our representatives who heard your voicemail request issued you a full refund. Please allow several days for this to process, if you do not see it already.

Indeed, some research tools such as a data subscription require a paid membership. Mainly because It is not possible for us to stay consistent and offer so many record collections along with state of the art research tools without hiring employees.

But one can share an account given the status update from the site manager. There are four possible types of users for any family site:

Webmaster (Site Creator) – this is the person who created the family site and who is the site’s Webmaster (main Site Manager).

Site Manager – this is a family site member, that was promoted by the Webmaster to become a Site Manager to help to manage the family site together with the Webmaster.

Site Members – these are family members and friends that have been invited to the family site, typically with lower privileges but still able to contribute content to the site.

Guests (e.g. the general public) – these are visitors, that are not members or site managers on the family site. Guests are not allowed to add content and the content they are allowed to see is restricted.

Nonetheless, we offer an assembly of separate subscriptions that will fit your research and budget including a free basic membership and a free downloadable Family Tree Builder program. Also, some records in SuperSearch are free (e.g. BillionGraves, Social Security Death Index). Some of our members will purchase a complete subscription that offers all research tools but many of our users prefer to only pay for some features as they don't really use the entire array of tools we offer.

If you have any questions about your refund or membership, please contact me personally at rafael.[protected]@myheritage.com and I will assist you with the highest priority.

Sincerely Yours