Mozilla Firefox 3. 16 / forced updating

I had downloaded an earlier version of FF and installed, when an update that I had done started messing up a lot of things -- just to simplify my life.

FF kept telling me that there were updates, and I would decline and ignore.

Up until yesterday, that worked fined.

Suddenly yesterday, FF FORCE downloaded and installed 3.16, and I couldn't stop it. No options to stop or quit anywhere.

Even CNTRL/ALT/DEL into task manager didn't work.

This REALLY PISSES ME OFF, that a program can do that without you giving it permission.

I am really on the verge of taking action against Mozilla for this. I actually would think about it if it wasn't freeware to start with.

I am just sick and tired of everyone FORCING me to do things (including healthcare).

Comments

14th of Oct, 2008
    Mozilla Firefox - firefox3: It hangs, its worse then I.E.
    California
    Maryland

Firefox3 is the worst browser, I have ever seen. I am using seamonkey in linux and I.E. in Win.
    It hangs, it is slow and its too bulky.
    It takes forever to load, and many times, you start typing the word and nothing will happen.
    you try to switch between tabs and nothing will happen.
    guess wat: it just hang !!! what is the solution: go to task manager and kill the firefox and
    curse the company that it made firefox3.

Even worse, you see some videos on youtube or google video or any other standard site and
    after few mins, buh, everything gone. the player just crashed. you reload and it wont work.
    solution: close the firefox and start again or switch the browser.

I give 1/10 point to firefox3 and also, i have stopped recommending firefox to anyone, these days.

and even worse, my firefox just hang and I am typing this complain from I.E.

• Ar
      30th of Oct, 2009
    mozilla - unable to download
    India

mozilla stopped working all of a sudden. the web browser does not open when i click the icon. i have tried uninstalling the program and installing a fresh one through IE twice but it still behaves the same. please help.
    Email : [protected]@gmail.com

Mountain View
    California
    Phone: 650-903-0800
    mozilla.org

I tried it once before. I found it to be annoying. A public place I frequent has installed it. It appears to contract viruses regularly while IE doesn't.
    Now I have a new computer. I thought I'd try it again. It features some sort of download manager that is difficult to configure and sends my downloads to who knows where. I had enough.
    It's gone.
    I won't be trying it again.
    And I just had to tell the world about it. Hello world.

• Po
      9th of Nov, 2010

Many programs force you to update. It's just a way of fixing holes and liabilities and improving performance. You can't take action in any other way than not using it.

• Ku
      8th of Mar, 2011
    Mozilla - unable to download
    mozilla
    India

i have a problem of downloading anything from internet . Downloading starts but if the file is in mb it stops in between.

• Te
      7th of Jul, 2011
    mozilla - unable to download
    Univ. of Ill.
    Champaign
    Illinois
    Phone: 2173593110

Big business addresses get onto the web address drop-down and never leave, while frequently-visited sites do not get onto the list.
    Who is being paid off and causing great inconvenience to the user.

• Fi
      20th of Nov, 2011
    Firefox 8 - gmail
    FIrefox
    England, West Midlands
    United Kingdom

I love Firefox and am using it instead of slow hopeless constantly asking for permissions and blocking sites Explorer. However since downloading upgrade 8 I can't access my gmail account anymore and bbc website appears without colours and distorted, bbc live radio won't play a tune! Absolutely hate Firefox now for forcing me to use Explorer just to access these two wesites.

• Ig
      30th of Dec, 2011

U.S. complaint.. I hate firefox 8. I want my google toolbar back. Slow as ever. Supposed to be faster??? I don't see it.

26th of Jul, 2016
    Mozilla Firefox - Access to once password? What is the meaning of this?

Today I accidentally felt on a computer in which I had saved my account details (name and password) in Mozilla Firefox. The information showed up automatically on entering the mailing website. So someone could have accessed my account. Well, no problem here, everyone should know this. But the real problem came after.
    I wanted to get rid of it and realised that my actual password, not the sequence of dots, could be known quite easily. I have never before been interesting in how to get rid of a saved password because I always believed that the actual word could not be known even with access to the sequence of dots. I believed that Firefox was saving passwords in a sort of coded form such that only an expert in computer programming could manage to know it. But I realised that I was completely wrong.
    Anyway only how is it possible to save something electronically such that it is at the reach of no one else? I bet I don't have any confidence on those things of damn password any more. Look at .doc document files for example. I realised that if you have a windows operating system without Microsoft Office Word being installed, it will be possible to access the content of a protected file through WordPad. Believing that only an expert can actually do this, I appreciate this one at least. But Firefox just shows people's password as a normal option amongst others. That is someone can kindly go and access it. What is the meaning of this? Saving the password to avoid the trouble of writing it back all the time is understood. But then, who in the world will want to go to see what actually his own password is? I see this completely crazy; looks to me that Firefox does this on purpose. Someone should please tell me if there is any sense in this. What is the point saving once password if it means that anyone will then be able to know what actually it is? Well I suppose that many people don't know about this. Many people like to maintain the same password everywhere. So can you imagine what knowing the one used for the email account will mean?
    Really, I wonder if Firefox is up to know good on this thing it does. I don't know how it goes with the other web navigation software and I don't care to know either. What I advise everyone is not to save their passwords at all.

• Me
      26th of Jul, 2016

I am interested in using Mozilla Firefox. Has this problem with passwords been fixed?

• Hk
    Mozilla Firefox - Mail search issues
    HK Enterprises

It seems that whenever I REALLY need to use my "mail search" in yahoo to complete work, it stops functioning - just keeps cycling, trying to open. Some days it's OK, but lately it's been a terrible problem, lasting hours at a time, day after day sometimes. I thought it was a yahoo issue, but if I switch back to IE, it comes right up, all the time, even when down in Mozilla and no one seems to care over there...I'm exiting as soon as I can from the troubles.

• Ku
    Firefox 4. 0 - How can you take a product like Firefox 3.6 and ruin it so badly
    Firefox 4.0
    North Carolina

How can you take a product like Firefox 3.6 and ruin it so badly? You took away the menu bar and then, after I restored it, I found that you took away "close tab" and "close window".

And, next, when I try to right click to open a URL, "open in new tab" and "open in new window", so I wind up opening a new window when I wanted to open a new tab.

And, to top it all off, when I shutdown Firefox and restart it later, all the open windows are not there. What's up with that?

If I find one more thing changed, I am falling back to 3.6. You guys have got to stop trying to keep up with Microsoft. There is a reason I don't use Internet Explorer. I hate that monstrosity.