Movie Cube / poor service

Movie Cube - The New Release
This was my first and last experience with movie cube.

I rented 2 movies, went to another location to return the next day. The box would not accept one of them. I called the customer service number on the display. long story short, i was instructed to place the movie in the lock box attached to the display and the movie was considered returned as of that date. i waited several minutes on the call to get the Return ID number.

Weeks later I still had a pending charge of $37.31 from movie cube on my card. I called and was told the return ID number i had was of no help because it was from the Georgia call center. I think i was talking to someone in India this time. It turns out the original customer service rep mixed up the movies. Terrible service all around. we'll see if my second call resolves the issue.

I will never use movie cube again. I've never had a single problem with redbox or netflix so i'll stick to those.

More Movie Cube Complaints & Reviews

Plus Movie Cube - Movie Rental [1]
Plus Movie Cube - Terrible company [2]

A  13th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I also rented a movie from movie cube. I returned it the following day. 2 weeks later I was charged $36.61! I got in touch with them, and basically they said "tough, we don't show it as bing returned". So I am out $36.61 and a customer service department that won't respond.
A  26th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This place is a RIP OFF! We've rented movies 2 times from there and we've been charged $37.45 each time because they said we didnt return one of the movies... We were refunded 36.39 and the same day, a few hrs later we were charged the 37.45 AGAIN... It was pure torture to try and understand the person that was supposed to speak ENGLISH... I would NEVER rent anything from there again.

M. E.

N  11th of Aug, 2009 by
The do not explain their Reurn Policy! If you renta movie past 14 days, you are stuck with it forever!!

I rented 2 movies, tried to return them after 14 days & they would Not allow me to return them! I received 2 charges of $35.00 each on my account for the movies. Why would they stop renting to you after 14 days when they could clearly make more $$ if they gave you a 30+ days to rent? Plus, I dont want these crappy DVD's. s that why they only give you 14 days, cause after that long, they dont want the crappy movie back either? It just seems like another way to limit your freedom & gain control over the market of renting. I will never use Movie Cube again, rebox & Netflix are worth the exta 25 cets a movie! Who sells movies for $35 tesedys anyway? oh, yeah, MovieCube Blows does!!!
N  12th of Oct, 2009 by

Movie Cube - false charges
West Palm Beach

I had rented movie's from Movie Cube in the past with no problems, then suddenly I was charged $37.28 for a movie I returned. I called the customer service line to explain the mistake and the service representative was rude and simply told me there was nothing they could do. I hope this will help prevent other people from getting ripped off like I did. Dont rent from Movie Cube.
A  16th of Oct, 2009 by
This Kroger backed company will not stop charging my credit card $2.00 plus tax for movies I have already returned.