Move Management

7740 SW 104th Street, Unit 201
Pinecrest, Florida
Phone: 800-599- 4316
manageyourmove.net
Normally I am not one to complain but in this particular case I think that it’s important for other people in similar situations to be
aware of scam moving companies. My mother recently relocated overseas and selected to use a company by the name of
Move Management to get her things to the UK. It wasn’t until her household was picked up that she discovered that these
people are liars and thieves. Mom worked with Helen Shany over at Move Management and she is not a woman of her word.
Her contract with them was for a little over $5000 which was almost $500 less than other companies. After they had her belongings the contract jumped up almost $2500. They invoiced her for $7480. She was given some BS excuses and basically told that if she didn’t pay the balance they would hold her things until she did and that would raise the balance even higher. They wouldn’t negotiate at all so in the end she did end up paying the full balance PLUS another $500 just to send her things off from the US.

When the shipment arrived overseas the delivery people told her that there was a problem and that the container couldn’t be removed from the port and delivered because they were waiting for information from Move Management. She asked what the problem was and was told that MOVE MANAGEMENT DIDN’T PAY THE OCEAN FREIGHT OR THE DELIVERY PEOPLE FOR HER SHIPMENT !!! It took many phone calls and emails to Helen Shany before there was any resolution.

She finally received her shipment and what a mess it was. Things were broken and missing. She shouldn’t have expected anything less. Helen Shany won’t return any emails or calls, imagine that.

Unfortunately my mom didn’t think to research the companies she was considering. After all the issues presented themselves and mom told me what had transpired, I did my own research on them. According to the information I found online, apparently Helen Shany is more than experienced at ripping people off. She has owned other moving companies in the past that, according to what I've found online, have been shut down. Coincidently, Manuel Rojas, another individual over at Move Management ALSO owned previous companies that were also apparently shut down. For anyone considering to use Move Management to relocate overseas I highly recommend that you Google Helen Shany, Manuel Rojas, Uniworld Cargo and LTV Relocation. Helen Shany, who was the owner of Uniworld Cargo in New Jersey, had her license revoked and was sued for $5 Million according to the information posted online below.

/link removed/

/link removed/

It appears that Manuel Rojas then employed Helen Shany to work for his company LTV Relocation. LTV relocation was also shut down. Now they seem to have joined together and operate Move Management. I would guess that they are up to no good and that soon Move Management will follow in the footsteps of Uniworld Cargo and LTV Relocation.

I can only hope that this post is read by people considering to use these scam artists BEFORE they have to deal with the mess my 78 year mother had to deal with!!
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Movement & Delivery

Comments

N  25th of Jul, 2016 by    -1 Votes
While I appreciate that there may have been an issue with your "mother's" move, I believe that if you have a valid complaint you should afford me, the owner of Move Management, the opportunity to respond.
I am not a liar or a thief and have always run my business in an ethical way, this is how I feed my family and this is the business I have chosen and have been in since 1990. We handle over 1500 moves per year and there are always going to be discrepancies that may occur at times and unhappy clients. Without more information from you, I cannot defend the increase but it may be that she sent additional items and the volume increased, something that happens more often that we would like. Many clients start off by stating that they only want to send a few items and then, when the movers show up they decide they want to send everything and then are surprised when the price increases. Again, without more information from you, I am unable to respond.
As for LTV Relocation, I cannot comment in Uniworld because I had zero involvement there, I can tell you that the company was never closed as you allude. I stopped operating that company because of personal reasons after the passing of the owner (my father) and the infighting that ensued afterwards. Wanting to distance myself and start new, without the possibility of family repercussions, I started Move Management. Nothing nefarious, just a way to make a clean break.
I left my position as neutral because, again, without more information, I cannot comment one way or the other. The only thing I can say is that I steal from no one and any charges that are incurred are valid and can be substantiated in any court of law. Besides that, anyone with knowledge of this industry can review any file and will, in the end, agree with the charges incurred.
Manuel J. Rojas