Mountain Area Communications / Harrassment/Fraud

1 Sneedville, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 213-283-5931

I signed up to get 8 magazines a month for 39.95 a month for a year and a half and then they said I would get a year of magazines free plus a 1000 dollar shopping spree. When I received the details of the shopping spree I instantly wanted to cancel and when I signed up they told me I had 30 days to cancel. So I called to cancel and they told me that I couldn't that I had already agreed. I was very upset because the website is just junk and then if you do decide to order you have to pay the shipping which is worth more than the merchandise itself. They wouldn't let me cancel so I decided to just settke for the magazines. I never ordered any of the junk off their site. I was supposed to getting 8 magazines a month and up until last month I had probably recieved 8 magazines altogether in three months. I filed a claim against Mountain Area Communications with my bank in January because I can't afford to waste 40 dollars a month and they were just taking it out of my account. Before I filed this claim I also tried to contact Mountain Area Communictaions several times and they never answered. Once they were unable to get my money out of my account they started calling me every other day and I told them what was going on. They have a girl named Alisha working for them that calls me every time, very heavy southern accent, last time she called she said she was with the claims department and I told her to please stop calling and she said she would call until I paid them 800 dollars. I told her that I don't plan on paying them because they haven't came through on there part of the deal. She then told me that I lied to my bank and that she would be in contact with them. I told her to do what she had to do that made her frustrated so she started threatening me with what would happened so I hung up she kept calling back and I didn't answer. She has called me four times this morning and twice yesterday. I'm going to get legal advice and contact the Better Business Burea of Tennessee

Comments

• Ke
      1st of Apr, 2010

I am working on ways to stop payments with my bank right now. I have let it go on for to long already. Like you I called and tried to cancel to and they wouldn't let me. Lucky for me my dad is a bank manager and he is looking into things. If any lawsuit does go through for this company I would really appreciate the information. They not only charge me 39.95 a month but also 19.95 which is what they told me they would get my monthly charge down to when I first called and complained so basically the still charge me the 39.95 and on top of that they are charging me an additional 19.95. This is total crap and I want it to stop.

• Ms
      26th of Jul, 2010

After reading all the complains against this company, I called them to try to cancel. They refused, so I called my bank and had all transactions from them blocked. There is a way of getting around them.

• Ls
      24th of Oct, 2010

Mountian Area Communications or The Publishers Service Is a Scam
    They tell you your getting 6 mags for 3.85 a week you can save it up and handle it three or four months at a time then after you agree they transfer you to there gift dep. which is the person right infront of them thers nothing professional about them its one big room with a bunch of people in it. sp when they transfer you over a woman asks you for a debit card and get money off it and it dosent go back on it either. and you dont get the shopping spree in 3 to 5 bus days if at all you get a thing you have to fill out and send in to get it and the stuff on the web site isnt worth a buck but you will pay 1000 for the shipping and handling fee there a bunch of dirty liars that arnt trying to help you all they want is your money and if you dont have a card or any money thell hang up and go to the next one its sad really

• Sp
      7th of Dec, 2010

Report all poor business practices to the Federal Trade Commission - https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ - interstate fraud is a federal crime.

• Ra
      17th of May, 2011

The only way to cancel your service is to write a letter telling them that you would like to cancel. I too had similar issues with them and every time I called they told me I could not cancel or if I did I had to pay a early termination fee of about $400. I wrote them a letter and told them I wanted to cancel my service and I contacted the BBB and they responded stating they had canceled my acct. If you avoid them like canceling your debit card or canceling your bank acct they will just send your acct to collections, then you will be served by your sheriff's dept with a judgement and will have to go to court and it will ruin your credit.