Modelmayhem — theft by deception
I joined ModelMayhem and payed their annual membership fee. Two weeks after charging my card, they closed my account, claiming MY Photos which I took myself were owned by another photographer. I was NOT permitted to show proof that they were my images. I asked for the account to either be reinstated or a refund given. They refused stating that it is in their terms and conditions that they do not give refunds EVER.
Additionally, there is no phone number you can call nor no method of disputing. So now I have to go through the hassle of doing a chargeback with the bank to get my money back, as no services are being rendered for the funds. If they were a UK company, the SFO states this is Theft by Deception and would be able to prosecute; however, as they are a foreign company, we have no rights.
Thank you for listening, and I hope this helps someone else to not lose their money.
More Modelmayhem Complaints & Reviews
- ModelMayhem.Com - unprofessional mods 
- Model Mayhem - manipulation 
- Model Mayhem - Industry secret modeling &techniques& 
- ModelMayhem.Com - 95% of the models are not really models and many of the photographers are not really photographers 
- ModelMayhem.Com - scam 
- www.ModelMayhem.com - disrespectful & arbitrary treatment
- Modelmayhem - amateurs 
- Modelmayhem - subscription changes without permission
- Model Mayhem - terrible customer service, they protect rapists and do not let some people join the site
- Modelmayhem - model mayhem