MNI Credit Report Services / Never heard of company

This company has charged my visa 2x's now and I never HEARD of this company. NEVER ordered a
credit report from them. This is clearly fraud...
I have disputed these charges thru my credit card
but cannot even reach this company by phone to see how they even got my name.

Comments

1st of Nov, 2007

I recently received notice from my bank that my credit may have been in danger. They suggest I get my 3 free credit reports. I did this. Apparently there is an area where they sign you up for a free credit report service for 30 days. You must cancel before the 30 days are up. I received a charge of 11.95 on 9/26/07 and 10/26/07. My credit card gave me credit for the first charge.
    I called them today and they said the charges are for credit report service for my wife. I gave my name and her name when I signed up for the free credit report service.
    This is a scam and there are numerous articles in google about how this company is overcharging many people. The advertising is deceptive. The statement about the free 30 day trial of credit reporting is deceptive.
    When asked to delete the charges they stonewall me and say NO. The other 2 companies willingly rescinded the charges

• El
      15th of Nov, 2007

I HAVE NEVER WORKED WITH THIS COMPANY AND YET THEY TOOK OUT MONEY FROM OUR ACCOUNT AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND RECENTLY ANOTHER COMPANY DID THAT TO ME AND I CALLED AND MADE THEM PUT MY MONEY BACK IN MY ACCOUNT. AND IF ANY ANYONE NEEDS THE NUMBER TO MNI CREDIT REPORT SERVICES IT IS 1800-720-4420 AND IF YOU FIGHT IT I'M SURE THEY WILL PUT THE MONEY BACK IN YOUR ACCOUNT!

• Sh
      19th of Dec, 2007

my credit card was charged for no reason by this company.

• Sc
      19th of Dec, 2007

What has happened you have probably tried to check your credit report with a website such as freecreditreport.com that website enrolls you in a program and if you don't cancel within 30 days you will be charged a monthly charges.

The GOVERNMENT funded website for the free annual credit report is: http://www.annualcreditreport.com there is no charge to get it once a year. You only pay if you want to know your credit score but the report is free. You won't enter any credit card information in the site.

So you need to contact the company directly to request that they stop charging you. If they don't stop, contact your credit card directly to dispute the charges & inform them that you called to cancel the service but they keep charging you.

• Ra
      3rd of Jan, 2008
    MNI Credit Rpt Service - Credit my Bank account
    851 Cass Holland Rd
    Mineral Wells
    Texas
    Phone: 940-452-0722

My bank account was charged $11.95 and I would like to know who authority you to get in my account, and why.
    Ralph W. Lister

10th of Jan, 2008

How can I cancel your services I no longer desire to have my credit report monitored.

Thank You.

10th of Jan, 2008

How can I cancel your services I no longer want to have my credit report monitored.

Thank You.

• Do
      30th of Jun, 2008

I WANT TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP TODAY JUNE 30 2008 AND YOUR COMPANY BETTER NOT TAKE ANY MORE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT STARING TODAY AND I MEAN IT TO THANK YOU.ORDER NUMBER 200804285310301 USER NAME ELSEA D 65811 AND PASSWORD JPV583QYFCK. Mni*Credit-rpt-service I HAVE A PHONE NUMBER 1-866-365-865 you all did not put the last phone number down.

• Ot
      3rd of Jul, 2008

Please stop charging my debit card account. My name is Otis Garrison and the charge is $12.95. My phone number is 405-210-4196.

• Nu
      8th of Jul, 2008

i signed up for the free credit report and never got it.the website said it couldn't go through for some reason.but we were charged every month from nov.07 til july 08, $11.95.we didn't know this was being took out til i called my bank to find out why we kept getting overdrawn.i hope other people catch it sooner than we did.maybe this will help other people to not get scammed like we did.somebody really needs to shut these people down.we got no kind of reimbursment so we are just out the $11.95 for 8 months plus all the overdrawn amounts.if this is happening to other people you can call these people to stop it this is there number. 1-866-365-8654

• Gi
      15th of Jul, 2008

I just received my monthly billing from Chase Cardmember Service and it shows a billing of $12.95 from MNI*Credirrptservices. A few weeks ago I requested an advertised FREE credit report, which I did receive. I did not sign up for anything but that one-time credit report. Therefore I am contacting Chase and advising them I am not paying for that transaction.

• Pa
      16th of Nov, 2008

I fell for the same trap. The sight said free report which I never got and after one month I canceled the service but have been charged for over 7 months. Can not get the bank to cancel the charges without charging me 20.00 stop payment fee and cant get them to stop charging my account. What a scan. I am actually closing my account in order to get away from this charge.

• Fr
      5th of Feb, 2009

I, M BEING CHARGED FOR SOMING I DIDN, T ASK FOR .PLEASE PUT MY MONEY BACK ON MY ACCOUNT. AND NEVER DO THIS AGAIN. POLICE WILL BE CALLED WANT MONEY ON ACCOUNT A.S.A.P.