Minihuskies.org / Failure to provide dog and refusal to refund deposit

On March 29 we paid a $60 deposit for a miniature husky pup. Payment was made via paypal. Once payment was accepted, communication was non existent. Finally, in July we asked when we would receive the pup. We were advised that the entire litter died of "failing puppy syndrome". Bree May (on facebook, twitter and on web soliciting buyers for these pups) contacted us and said that they were not able to provide a puppy. They indicated that our deposit would be refunded. They have not refunded our deposit, despite numerous demands and no disagreement that they accepted the deposit and are not providing the puppy. Be aware before you consider buying a pup from this person.

An

Comments

• Mi
      24th of Oct, 2009

MINIHUSKIES did the same thing to my family. They really disappointed my kids. They are a scam. They took our money and left us with nothing. Minihuskies is nothing but a scam. We left complaints with our credit card people and paypal, but it was basically worthless!!! Get a job Minihuskies!!

• Ha
      26th of Oct, 2009

This happend to me too with the July litter. After the deposit, communication was gone, it was like pulling teeth to get any information from them. It took several emails to receive any info about the litter, I did get a picture of a puppy, but when it was time for the puppy to come to us we could not get them to respond to our emails. After several atempts we wanted our money back, we never recieved anything. They never even told us about anything with the pups, and never answered on the number listed.

On the good side though, I looked up "mini huskies" and Alakan Klee Kais (AKK) came up, and found a breeder that had some ready, and we went through the process and got him a few weeks after. Price was just a little higher than what the minihuskies wanted. Now I will not trade him for anything! He looks just like a little husky, and is a wonderful pet, very intelligent and very loving.

****MINIHUSKIES IS A SCAM DO NOT FALL FOR IT******

• Ha
      15th of Jan, 2010

I've purchased a miniature siberian husky from MINIHUSKIES.NET and have had no issues with my gorgeous girl. I still keep in touch with the breeder to this day and am planning to purchase another dog here shortly.
    I would encourage whomever might have truly had an issue to contact the breeder.
    I'm also highly suspicious because a couple of complaints came within a couple of days of each other, and the one points to another breed that is similar to the miniature husky.
    To me this seems like a targeted campaign.

• As
      18th of Feb, 2010

She did the same thing to me with the feb litter. I paid the $60 deposit for a min huskie then communication was gone. After sending her emails everyday for a week she responded back letting me know the puppy was doing fine but had suddenly died, and she would be refunding my deposit back. Bree May is a scam do not buy from her. MINIHUSKIES IS A SCAM BEWARE

• Al
      22nd of Jul, 2012

Similiar happen with me. Left a deposit with Bree and there was little to no communication thereafter. She never answered ANY question directly and refused to give out references to previous puppy owners. After finally threating with paypal to her their payment system closed with her, I got my deposit back. TOTAL SCAM!!!
    And if you check out her fb page, . . . . seems like bit of a wacko. (#justsayin)

27th of Jun, 2013

I was just made aware of these complaints. I am the owner and developer of the Miniature Siberian Husky. Since I do not take deposits and run, and I only process deposits through Paypal, I know these complaints are bogus. One of the complainers is a Happy AKK owner. I have experienced personal attacks from a few AKK breeders. (Not all, most are nice.) These breeders have apparently felt threatened by my dogs. In the dog world, when this happens, many breeders will go on smear campaigns. It's a common thing that happens all the time between breeders. I'm not interested in bashing other breeders or getting involved in stuff like this. We successfully use Paypal and have been doing so for many years with no issues. If we were perpetrating scams, we could not continue to process payments through this entity.

• Tr
      26th of Aug, 2013

This Bree lady is a sad loser/scam artist-I would like to track her down in NC and have a face to face with -this woman. She is robbing people and disappointing many families-scam! Stay Away!

17th of Feb, 2014

Truthinbrooklyn is NOT a buyer. My name is Bree Normandin, (Recent marriage) and I am the original developer. I run a facebook page for my dogs and a website. We active process paymens with PayPal, and honor deposits on our dogs. If we decide not to place a puppy with a family, the deposit is promptly returned. You can see many testimonials and pictures of happy buyers on our facebook page at www.facebook.com/minihuskies

• Po
      27th of Feb, 2014

I have asked more than 1 time for Bree to post pictures of the parent or adult dogs, but she has ignored them. I have been to her faceb
    ook page and don't see pictures or testimonials there as stated either. I'm not saying it's a scam by any means but you would think there would be pictures of each female she breeds and the sire pictured. It would make for a better sale and I would like to see some pictures where you could tell the true height and weight of the dogs with some type of reference.

• Ne
      11th of Aug, 2014

She does this all the time, she's still telling people that the waiting list is a few months but unless you know her or live near her good luck! Lady's making money hand over fist in deposits then acting as if you just missed your chance at the color/sex you want. Save your money!

• Sc
      4th of Sep, 2014

OK this is to Bree Normandin to prove your not a scam artist, please post the Mother and Father of the pups on your face book or any adult sized dog that you have so we have an idea on the full grown size even if it is a little over the 25lb mark. How can you prove to people that your not a scam is also by asking recent buyers to post something on your face book when they receive the pup or updates on how they are doing. Im trying to help you by helping us :)

20th of Sep, 2014

This is Bree Normandin. I have repeatedly told the people who are asking for pictures that there are pictures of adults dogs in the photo albums on our Facebook page. Some of the dogs are standing next to people so size can be verified and many of these pictures have been there for years.
    The wait list for a blue-eyed female is 6 months MINIMUM. Other dogs have listed minimum wait times. We move down the list as fast as we can. Getting one of our dogs just isn't an instant process. We can't make to order. It just doesn't work that way.

18th of Oct, 2014

My pup came to me with worms, parasites, and cochinea. His birth was also incorrect, resulting in him being taken from his mom at 5.5 weeks; and the daddy is still unknown since there was another dog put in with the dam. At 6 'mos, he weighed in at 45lbs. All this led to a 250 refund. Ok. Now, moving on, 3 levels of DNA testing (2 separate samples and a deeper analysis by a phd vet at the lab) shows my pure bred mini Husky is actually half Pomeranian. Bree has declined to acknowledge this fact by discrediting the very high level accuracy of the tests, therefore I felt the need to post on this board. It saddens me to think that the other dogs from this same litter may be going through similar issues. One can't tell on Facebook because all negative comments/pics are deleted. As for adult dog pics, there are very few on FB; they are not labelled, and there is more than one breeder so your can't see all the dogs. Had I seen the daddy of my pup ahead of time, I would not have picked him. Bree is not the only breeder and claims she can only go by what she is told. Her dad was the breeder of my pup. I guess the family doesn't talk much to each other.

18th of Oct, 2014

Btw...even after all this, I was going to get another pup because I knew which dam and site it was coming from (directly from Bree, not one of the other breeders), but was denied because I called Bree on the DNA test.

• Bn
      19th of Oct, 2014

Hi there,

I have thanked you before for your idea about photos of adult dog pictures. I thought it was a great idea to label the pictures so future puppy buyers can pick which parents they want a puppy from. (I am working on this now.)
    When you were unhappy with Finn, we spoke extensively. We had worked out a plan to address the issue which included bypassing the wait list to obtain a puppy with verified lineage (DNA testing) from my personal stock. We had also discussed involving you in the project at some point and you agreed that you were satisfied that I was in fact, dealing with you in an honorable manner.
    Although I had some reservations about the matter, you were wanting one of our puppies so I was content to proceed.
    It is and has always been our position that the dog that sired Finn should be retired from our project. There has been no disagreement on that matter. We are thankful that you contacted us immediately when there were issues. Since he was purchased not too long ago, we've had ample time to address the matter effectively. The bone of contention was whether or not this dog was a pomeranian, as a pomeranian male would be required to achieve a 50% pomeranian 50% husky mix. The dog that sired Finn was not a pomeranian, and his mother certainly was not a pomeranian.
    It was this fact alone that contributed to the breakdown in communication. You and I both expressed we had grown tired of the arguing. I honestly don't know why there was a continued discussion, because I had thought we had worked out the matter amicably. When you asked for the puppy or a refund of $250.00 in one of the later messages, I decided the most expedient way to conclude this matter was to refund the $250.00. I know that you were looking forward to a puppy and I do regret that this matter has ended with hurt feelings on your part.
    I think your knowledge and your determination could have been a wonderful asset in the continued development of our dogs. However, dissention like this can derail a project like this. When disagreements come to this level, it's usually better to part ways.

I am very sorry that you still feel slighted. I have done my best to handle this situation honorably. I do not wish any ill will towards you and am glad you have been such a faithful and interested owner to Finn. I wish you and Finn the best.

Best Wishes,
    Bree Normandin

20th of Oct, 2014

Hi Bree,
    You are correct, we "did" have a very good open channel of communication, up until you refused to open up to the possibility of Finn not being pure Husky. We came to an agreement on a partial refund (via a credit for the next pup) due to the number of issues that I already listed above. I told you at the time that I was having a DNA test done since your dad admitted to putting another sire in with the dam while you were out of town; and I finally got to see a picture of Mel, who does not look like a pure husky (the same conclusion that the lab made as well); albeit, you say you witnessed his birth, but still felt the need to remove him from the project. How do you know he isn't mixed? This is something that the Lab says "is" a possibility in his lineage. How do you know if your dad didn't throw another dog in with the Dam? Everything combined could lead to a very reasonable conclusion that there is a possibility of the lab being correct, that Finn is a mixed dog.
    This is the only thing that I ask of you...that you admit to the "possibility". On more than one occasion, I told you credibility as a breeder is a must. This means admitting and owning the good, the bad, and the ugly. Not hiding the negative reviews/comments on FB (I noticed the one from a disgruntled owner this past weekend got removed quickly); not disputing the validity of several layers of testing (DNA testing has vastly improved over the years - both human and pet); not tossing the blame on others as "I can only go by what I am told". Own it and alert others from the same litter that 1. Their birth date is inaccurate by 4 weeks; 2. That the sire is unknown due to another dog being put in with the dam while you were out of town; 3. That their mini may grown bigger than expected. Maybe you did this. I don't know. Sure, the repercussions may be undesirable, but at least you can come clean and can learn from it. I told you that you have a good business sense, and lots of potential. But you must take your project to the next level and build credibility or you will be viewed as nothing but a backyard breeder. I don't think this is what you want. I gave you pointers and tips because I believed in you. I showed you a website of another husky breeder to use as a model. I even defended you when others tried to bash your efforts. But not admitting to the "possibility" was where you blew it for me.

I am sorry this was the end result, and I really do wish you luck in the future and hope to heck that you took something away from this experience. I would not have posted in this forum had it not been for the relevance of others complaints about not seeing pictures or any details of the adults. It sounds like this is something you are working on and I applaud you for that...but only once I see it.

BTW - please go back to that other breeder site that I sent you and see their pricing page. They charge a flat rate for all dogs. Not a floating rate based on the litter, the dam/sire, the color, etc. You could learn from this as well.

All the best,
    Leslie

• Cj
      27th of Mar, 2015

Buyers beware!! This is a scam I put down a feposit of 120.00$ on 1/4/2015 she made puppies available on 3/15/2015 I chose a black and white male with bi-colored eyes, (I immediately paid 1594.80$ through PayPal for him and shipping for a total of 1714.80) I asked for an ETA and pic's, she told me he would ship on 3/27/2015 pics would be coming from now and shipping date. I had to repeatedly ask for pics (I got a total of 5) as the date approached I asked her if she needed anything else from me for shipping and she replied just my phone. After telling me she was having trouble getting a hold of delta airlines, I called delta myself to see what the problem was, after getting right through and finding out it was not a big deal at all to make the flight arrangements ( delta said I could make the reservation myself) after still being nice to her and offering to make the reservation with delta) she did not respond until I got a refund from PayPal with an excuse from her. I DID NOT GET MY DEPOSIT BACK!! She seems to be just ripping people off for the deposits refunding the purchase amount. What's a 120$ compared to to 1594.80$ right. I am going to post this all over because at this point I really just wanted the puppy.

28th of Mar, 2015

This breeder has over 10k followers on Facebook. Something needs to be done about this scam or people will continue to be ripped off. Numerous people have contacted me about issues they have faced with them. Others have contacted me about their concern about what they would be getting as a puppy. All negative comments on Facebook are deleted, so the naive never get to see them. We are then blocked from the page. All people see is the positive, which is why I never found anything bad about the breeder when I did my initial research of them.
    My pup is about to turn 1 yr next week (based on his true birthday, not the phony one they gave me). As you can see from his picture, he doesn't have husky qualities. He is thin in the waist; has skinny terrier-like legs; a spitz tail; and silky smooth thin fur (all traits of a pom). He also is aggressive and barks all the time, both of which are not husky traits..

• Lj
      13th of May, 2015

i almost got scammed by this lady until i read these reviews. i was having trouble paying with paypal so i asked her for help and she didnt reply. if you look at the on or two good comments, look at the usernames they look fake. if you look at pictures on her facebook page or on her website there is no size comparison to regular huskies and is no ages on the pictures so how can you compare the size? i have been scammed on the internet before and it almost happened again. if anyone is going to buy from her go look at her dogs in person and bring a regular size husky and compare the size. There is noone that sells mini huskies for this cheap so no wonder people want to buy them. Also i dont think huskys have green or amber colored eyes but i could be wrong

14th of May, 2015

I uploaded a picture of the mini (pom mix) husky (the one that's mostly white - far right) that I got sitting next to my other AKC huskies so you can see the size comparison. He is 13 mos/50lbs, the far left one is 8 mos/50lbs, and the middle one is 10yrs/70lbs. Basically, he is not mini, nor is he pure husky. His fur is nowhere close to being husky, his gait is not husky, his temperament is not husky, and he has a spitz tail.