Mike Ferry Organization / They maxed out credit cards

1100 Main Street, Irvine, CA, United States Review updated:

They promised us 27 transactions minimum or we'll get our money back. We did only 6 deals during the time we were in their coaching program. We did everything the coaches told us, which was more work than we ever did before, and we made less then we ever did before. We paid them 1, 000 dollars a month for a year. The last 2 months we had no more money to pay them because they had already maxed out our credit cards. They are now trying to use that as a loophole that because we didn't follow the contract and pay them the last 2, 000 dollars, that they don't have to refund us the 10, 000 dollars.

Comments

• Bo
      May 21, 2008

Hi,
    1) Call your credit card company.
    2) Tell them you want to 'charge back' the charges.
    3) Tell them that 'you didnt receive the services you agreed to' and whatever else you are unhappy...they will suggest a few things to say.
    4) They will send you something to sign, sign it...send it back.
    5) They will credit your account back the entire charge.
    6) Merchant will then have to prove that the charge was legit...which they wont.
    7) You keep the money.

That will do it...you get your money back.

• De
      Jul 17, 2008

I'd like to talk to you, Emerald. It's important.
    Dennis

• La
      Sep 04, 2008

Unbelievable! Fantastic! Watch.
    You agreed to a 12 month comittment and bowed out in 10? I understand your credit cards were maxed out. You breached the contract and maybe if you understood contracts you would've closed more deals?
    I think you lose because I bet you didn't document your efforts, huh? How will you prove your comittment to the coaches? Mike will win because he created the system. Try to settle fast or you will spend money on attorney fees. I think you're over the small claims limit.
    WATCH!

Dec 29, 2008

I actually got excellent service. I spoke with Mike and Steven at the Irvine CA location and they Responed promptly to my inquiry. I had the same trouble at the sears branch but that also is fine. You need to call corporate credit and get a good attorney on your side. Lots of good ones in Orange County.

Jul 23, 2009

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, IMPORTANT!!!jajajja

Oct 26, 2009

I had the same bad experience & almost all the other agents in the program in my office also. The money back guarantee does not exist. If you try to cancel because the program is not delivering, Mike Ferry makes it impossible to cancel. To me if you have a good product you should not have to force people to a 12 month contract & lie about money back guarantee. I will be willing to bet not 1 person has ever gotten any money back.

• Cs
      Nov 03, 2009

Mikes money back guarantee is simple. He guarantees you won't get your money back. He'll tell you himself.

• Hu
      Dec 02, 2009

You guys are crazy Mike Ferry has created a proven system that works. Just because it did not work for you does not mean it does not work. Lead generation followed by sales done repiticiously and consistantly is no gimmick or trick. This is a system that has been used by top producers in all industries not just Real Estate. Top producers of the Auto industry use the repeated contact system to sell cars on a daily basis. Top Real Estate people use the contact system to create appointments get listings that turn into sales. You should be ashamed of yourself to blame your failer on Mike Ferry and furthermore you will always be at the bottom of your industry in any business you are in. Get your money back what a joke You may get your money back but Karma will take place and you will get yours someday. You are not competant.
    My name is Jeff I am from Texas and used Mike Ferrys plan to become a Top producer in 3 different lines of business. All Mike Ferry has done is copy what big companys have been doing for years and acclamated it to Real Estate. Owe I almost forgot if you all were any kind of sales people you would already know the information that I have provided I guess you are not. Remember the rule of thumb 10% of all industries will control there industry that means 90% of you are losers. Ask yourself what percentage do you want to be in and then get a great support system like Mike Ferry keep trying until the disruptions that are in your life change so you can make some money. Your failure is your own fault.

Jeff

• Gr
      Dec 30, 2009

Jeff,

I think you are entitled to your opinion. But to call people losers is very immature and unprofessional. If you don't work for MFO or exercised the option of the Money Back Guarantee. Shut UP and Grown UP, learn from Mike how to be a gentlemen.

• So
      Jan 25, 2010

Mike Ferry organization lives out of getting real estate agents to sign contract with them, they don't care if you ever get results, they are too busy calling new agents and getting their money. They offer me to try daily conversations, well trying this is costing me $2400, to hear someone saying the same old school stupid ideas.
    Nobody will ever get money from them the only thing you get is to know not to sign any contract for services that are not objective. The law is in the crocks side, how come you can return a product you don't like yet they can force you to recive a year of bad advice?
    Our laws are to be changed, talk to your politicians

Apr 20, 2010

They advertised a 100 percent money back guarantee at a conference here in San Diego. The keynote speaker also said that we would receive neuro-linguistic training. I found out later during my first and only coaching call that it cost additional money and I could not have it until 6 months of coaching at $1, 000 per month and I would still have to complete 12 months of coaching. I tried to cancel the program before my first coaching call, but the office staff in Las Vegas informed me that I would be hearing from my coach and I could inform them of my cancellation.

I'm having the same issues with MFO. Further, I am unable to complete the program anyway due to an unforseeable life event that has thrown me back months financially. I went into a deep depression rendering me unable to work and continue to receive treatment. I tried to explain this to my coach who said he would try to talk to Mike and Sabrina and get my hold extended for medical reasons. I never heard back from him until two months later when he called to say we needed to have a coaching call. They have turned me in for collection and say that they will get a judgment against me for $12, 000. I tried numerous times to work something out with them. MFO is conducting unfair and fraudulent business in my opinion not to mention unethical. Why kick a person when they are already down?

Apr 20, 2010

Misrepresented their 100% money back guarantee and hold policy at conference. My credit card was charged $1, 000 and coaching had not begun. Tried to contact main office and cancel but was told $1000 was non-refundable and I would need to speak with coach to let them know I was cancelling. Coach made one phone call a month and one half later. I tried to cancel with coach who said they would see what they could do. Now I am told that I could have cancelled before my first coaching call and because I won't pay they cancelled and are seeking a $12, 000 judgement against me.

Jul 12, 2010

I have been involved in coaching with MFO since 1987. I use some of the scripts and products and have paid MFO tens of thousands of dollars for their services. When the market was good and we had sufficient funds to pay for MFO coaching the relationship was fine. In 2008 I signed up for my third year of coaching but I told the staff at the event (in LA) that I wasn’t sure if I would be able to commit to twelve more months at $1, 000 per month because the market was very soft and business was slow. MFO coaches at the event assured me that coaching was exactly what I needed. They assured me it would be fine so I signed up and paid the $1, 000 deposit and continued for 3 more months before funds were too low to continue. I sent MFO a cancellation; in writing as specified and I received a call from MFO stating I couldn’t cancel until I am one month behind in payments. I took no more coaching calls out of respect for the coaches after all, I wasn’t able to pay. One month later I called to let them know I canceled and I thought we were finished. I was WRONG, I received one telephone call from a smart [censor] in their A/R department about nine months later, demanding the balance of the funds due from the cancelled contract. I said I thought we were square, I cancelled as the contract stipulates. MFO passed the debt to a collection agency (after spending over $30, 000 with MFO over the years) and just today (July 11, 2010) received a SUMMONS from none other than MFO.
    Thanks Mike, thanks Sabrina I hope you guys are happy. I will MAKE SURE I tell EVERY REAL ESTATE agent I come into contact with about our experience.
    My suggestion is to NOT GET INVOLVED WITH MFO because if you can’t pay, you will be sued. If they treat a good customer this way, how do you think they will treat a new customer? I am really disappointed with MFO, I cannot recommend them.

Jul 12, 2010

Here is a thought... (sound familiar?) when there is a free MFO event near your town, go and take a bunch of flyers or cards that say MIKE FERRY IS A LIAR, join MFO at YOUR OWN risk. Do this before Mike's "altar call" on the last day, in the morning. Staff won't suspect anything is up until someone takes a flyer to Mike... Put them on the chairs (agents put cards on chairs all the time, they want referrals) you can make them cheap and it will screw up Mike's presentations.

Mike has his head WAY up his fanny if he thinks this is the way to treat his customers. He knows that the turnover is pretty high in the real estate business. He should know that there will be many of us who will spread the truth about how he takes care of his clients. If you don't know by now, he couldn't care less for you or me.

I say make life miserable for him, make it as tough for him as he has made it for you.

• Ak
      Aug 30, 2010

a friend of mine is involved with mike ferry.she is so FAR in DEBT right now, she may lose her home, car etc...he is no more help than carlton sheets!get rich quick?only for the information sellers, like mike ferry...blood-sucking, [censor]-sucker...all he wants IS YOUR MONEY...

• As
      Sep 10, 2010

If you think he screws you when you sign up for his program, try working for him. Its even worse. You can't say much about a man who sues his own son!

• Bl
      Sep 28, 2010

My dad is a realator and signed up for this stupid program. he did it for a while and it didnt do anything. So he of course didnt want to participate anymore. We are in so much debt and today a sherrif came to my door asking for my dad and gave me a paper saying we owe 8, 000 dollars to mike ferry organization. This is rediculous. Thank you mike ferry for making our money situation even worse then it was.

• Su
      Jan 05, 2011

While I agree that it would be wonderful if people could put a HOLD on their debts when they have legitimate health issues that prevent them from being able to pay, contracts do not work like that. And if they did, a surprising number of people would no doubt claim that they had health issues and were no longer able to pay as a way of weaseling out of a contract. A contract is an agreement that is binding on both parties - how would you feel if the MFO claimed that things were tough for them so they were only going to give you 10 months of coaching for your $12, 000 annual fee? If you think you should be able to change your terms, what's to prevent them from having the same right to change their end of the agreement? The only way out of this bind is to do everything the coach says to do, work your [censor] off, and you might just find that in time, you have enough money to pay your debts. Every time I do what my coach says, I get business. Get on the phone, talk to people, and ask for business. Deliver on every promise you make and you will make it through the tough times. Get up early in the morning and slug it out like you have never done before. If you want to get a handle on your life and get back on the road to success, I recommend that you read No Excuses! The Power of Self -Discipline by Brain Tracy. (Featuring 21 ways to Achieve Lasting Happiness and Success!) The power to succeed is within all of us if we will stop making excuses and force ourselves to be self disciplined. As Brian Tracy says, the major reason for failure is a lack of self discipline - and you know this is true. Say this to yourself when you get up in the morning: "If it's to be, it's up to me!" Things will not change until you embrace that idea.

• Ho
      Jan 07, 2011

Mike Ferry's organization is dishonest. I paid for the first six months, opted out of the program within 2 months and said that I had taken another job, and they continued to call after I told them I was not able to use their services. I was not asking for my money back, but telling them I would not be needing their services. Three months later I received a letter from a collection agency stating that I owed them for an additional 6 month program. I put it in writing, as well as spoke to my coach during the first 3 months, but they refused to acknowlegde it. Good luck Kaye Fain. The coaches are obviously hired on a commission only basis, and continue to put you in a "coaching" program in order to get paid. It's dishonest Kaye Fain! YOU should be ashamed of yourself.

Jan 15, 2011

"Money Back Guarantee" Mike Ferry offered a “money back guarantee’ several years ago. I heard him say that he guarantees that if he got your money, you would NEVER get it back. “The Mike Ferry Organization” Mike is a putz and has little to no regard for the real estate business and even less regard for “Realtors” His main focus is to get your money and he’ll charm your socks off as he takes your wallet. In my opinion Mike Ferry is nothing more than a modern day con-man. He is a "speaker" and nothing more, no relevant content Mike is a “has been” and he never was a real estate trainer. He is a person who will first take your money then train you to pester the crap out of people, then once you do get an appointment he trains you to railroad the prospect and wear them down until they sign a contract… kind of like he does with real estate agents. I call that a Confidence Man, or Con Man, what do you call it? Mike Ferry, it’s time to retire old fool. You have screwed too many people. This commentary reflects my opinion and my experience with Mike Ferry. You might expect similar results

• Ga
      Apr 21, 2011

Mike Ferry Training is a scam, I attented 4 days training this week and all Mike talks is non sence... he will ask you to do prospect all day long and when you get prospects blow them away...
    Gary Multani
    Re/Max

• Ut
      May 26, 2011

Wow; I am impressed with how passionate everyone is about either loving the MFO or hating it. Rather than argue my opinion, I would prefer to simply ask the forum a question.
    The Real Estate Office I work for in Salt Lake City, Utah has been in business for just 18 months. Keep in mind that there are over 1, 000 real estate Brokerages in Utah and just over 3, 000 agents. My Broker has been a long term student of the MFO for over 10 years and decided to build the Brokerage around his systems. In the last 18 months, our office has grown to 113 agents and as of last month has sold more listings than all but 2 other Utah Brokerages (one Coldwell office with 5o more agents and a Keller office with an enormous Fannie Mae REO account).
    If the MFO is a scam and his only goal is to screw agents financially; why have we achieved our level of success by following his exact model?

Mar 07, 2012

ok, i came across this stupid complaint and had to comment... i am a mike ferry coaching client... and it is my opinion that people who call it a scam, are the same people that start shivering when they pick up the phone to prospect a lead... then when the lead hangs up in your face because you sound like your ### bricks, you complain and say its because mike ferry scammed you... everyone needs to shut up, everyone complaining, please leave and go join one of those social media stupid coaching programs, leaves more business for the real, aggressive agents... good luck convincing an expired listing to list with you through facebook.. lol, such a joke, poor losers.

Mar 07, 2012

also, they maxed out your credit cards because your too stupid or weak to make a damn sale. go fly a kite

• Bo
      Jan 20, 2014

Wow. Did you people not prospect everyday? Haha. My income dropped when I got out of coaching. Guess who will be signing up again. This guy! You can't tell me you made 25-50 contacts a day and didn't see results. NONSENSE !

• Ah
      Feb 04, 2014

On Monday, January 27, 2014, I went to Mike Ferry's three-day conference in San Diego. The conference was sold out, so I filled out a form at the door and was placed on a waiting list. The gentleman who took my form assured me that my form was safe with him and that I will NOT be charged unless I actually attended the conference (I specifically asked him if I would be charged if I left my form with him; he stated no worry, you will only be charged if you made the waiting list and we actually called you to attend) .

Today, Tuesday, February 4, 2014, a charge of $150 by Mike Ferry appeared on my debit card that I left with his organization on Monday, January 27, 2014.I called the gentleman who was calling me almost everyday to brag how great his organization is and in stead of conferencing me with the Accounting Deportment to ensure that I was taken care of, he transferred my call to their Account Department.

After calling a couple of times, I finally talked to somebody in the Accounting Deportment who told me it was a mistake; it is almost five O'clock now; and she would look into it in the morning and refund my money tomorrow, Tuesday, February 5, 2014. I will update this review with status of what happens.

Nov 05, 2014

To those Mike Ferry lovers that call people losers or failures and anything else derogatory, that is your opinion. My problem with Mike Ferry is, he did not create the system. It has been around in its most simplest form for years. The Real Estate profession has a very high fail rate. That is established. I believe Mike Ferry works for some people, a top percentage, and good for you. Then there is the middle who are in for one year, maybe two and then drop out. Then, there is the bottom who don't do well, for whatever reason. So, Mike keeps recruiting people into these one sided contracts that never hold him accountable for the results he represents.

Mike invites people to his seminars and also charges them to come. Which I did. I did not sign up at the seminar. Mike Ferry organization then pursued me. They called me a few weeks later and asked if I would like to do 25 transactions in the next year? Who wouldn't? Then, the recruiter emailed me the contract and made sure I signed the contract while he was on the phone with me. Do you see a problem with that?

Ok, I admit, I should have gotten out of real estate one year ago. However, it sounded really good to do 25 transactions.

My coach was nice and all. She required I listen to the CDs of Mike. She required that I listen to the daily call recordings. I did. I paid for FSBO an Expired leads. I called my SOI. I did the scripts verbatim as tikd. People would say, "Are you reading from a script?" "Are you with Century 21"? We have a Century 21 office that is all Mike Ferry. They have done well, but just like the rest of the industry, only a few really succeed and they do really low end properties.

My frustration is that Mike Ferry pursues You. They make representations that sound great. They want people locked into contracts because if they fail, they send you to collections. This is true.

I told my coach not to call me anymore because being in Mike Ferry didn't bring me any new business. It was necessary to cut my expenses. I told her her calls were ineffective. I am not a happy customer. But that doesn't matter. Christie from Mike Ferry offered me a new coach. I told her after 6 months with no new business, it was too late. I asked her what she does with customers that are not happy don't pay? She responded that they send them to collections to work out a payment option. And if that doesn't work? They go to a 3rd party. So if you are not a happy customer, you go to collections. Ha! Ha!

To all Mike Ferry lovers that drink the Kook Aid, go for you! But for those that don't succeed, it can destroy your life, your credit, your mortgage payment and make life very miserable, and he doesn't care. To Mike Ferry clients that call people like us losers? Its because you heard that form Mike himself. That is what he thinks of his clients that don't succeed.