Michaelkors.com / worst customer service

My name is Isa Walcott-Perez and I have shop in the Michel Kors in the Westchester Mall as well as Iwork at the Coach store which is one store down from the Micheal Kors in the Westchester Mall. I usually shop in this location on my lunch break with coworkers. I do so because in the past, your employees exemplify outstanding customer service. However, I have had two recent issue with the Westchester Micheal Kors and I was highly disappointed and unsure if I will ever shop with Michael Kors again.

During my first visit to the store I purchased a gold Michael Kors gold watch and within three weeks the glass face of the watch cracked from the inside. When I returned to the store for any exchange or a new watch I was told that I had to contact Fossil because they don't handle watch repair issue. This was not a watch repair issue, it was a quaility issue. Im very knowledgeable on the matter given that I'm a manager at Coach and we deal with watch issues on from time to time. I have to request a customer service number which was the District Manager number and she help to fix the issue. What is upsetting is this issue should have been taken care of at the store level and i should not had have called the District Manager to replace my watch. I feel as a Afrcian American female the level of customer service is different for me vs. others that come into the store.

• Willow11's Response, Jan 02, 2018

Brought this coat for my daughter at macys and she only got 2 month's out of it after I washed it . It tore badly in the wash on gentle cycle .i expect that from a generic brand not Michael Kors.

Ma

Comments

• La
      9th of Nov, 2012

I am having a difficult time as well. I purchased a Michael Kors purse, wallet, and phone case from Macy's for my daughter during the 2011 Christmas Season. Around March 2012, we noticed the metallic material was beginning to fade in several places on the purse and phone case. I have made numerous attempts to contact Michael Kors via phone and Internet; however, I have had no success. I tried to return it to the store. They wanted to give me $98 for the purse when I paid $348. I am very hurt and disappointed. During my lifetime. I have purchased many designer purses. On the one occasion when there was a problem Dooney stood behind their product. I will never recommend a Michael Kors product or purchase anything from MK again. I know last year I spent class to $900 on MK products when you factor in the prices for the MK watch and sunglasses. Hard earned money wasted.

• Ba
      26th of Dec, 2012

i want to share also my experience. My husband bought me a purse here in Las rozas village an outlet store in Madrid, Spain on july 2012. For my 2 weeks used, i noticed the gold zipper was fade. So i never mind it. Five months later i shared it with my friends how i was dissapointed about MK bag, so they told me to go to the store . We went there together with my hubby and trying to explain them about our concern, and they said...it's normal the gold was fade. I never used it daily, i cared it as much as i could. Anyway i understand if they never change it a new one because of the time passed. But i was dissapointed because some people used to; or prefer to buy some expensive stuff so that you can use it longer and also the quality is important. Now its like my bag was an imitation one:( From now on, i promised myself, i will never buy Michael kors again, and i will neve recommend my family and friends to buy a bag that the quality is not good. Its wasting your money!

• Wh
      29th of Jan, 2013
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

When I come to look for comments... Racism is so old... Who cares about what color you are... I am white with a biracial family... whites are the minority now...say your piece get off the color

• Ra
      8th of Jul, 2013

I just had The most horrible experience at The dolphin mall store. I have been a store manager for over 15 years and I never felt harrassed as a customer and I hope as a manager I never treated anyone like that. There is a fine line Between customer service and loss prevention. Specially if is a mid high end store like MK. I could expect that from a Ross or walmart.
    I reveived a gift and I went there to exchange it. I walked in with The MK shopping bag and started to look at the bags right when I entered The store. A manager name Peter approached me without greeting and said " I see you have a bag" I replied that I wanted to exchanged an item. He told me he wanted to See what was inside of The bag with his body already leaning over me and The bag so he could See what was inside. I had just entered The store. He forcelly took The bag away giving me no option and asked Where was The receipt. This was a very unconfortable situation and definatly not The way to approach Any customer. I was there with my 2 young daughters and my niece and being treated like i did Something wrong and was not Welcome. If he would have Any common sense he would realized that i had a over $2000 LV bag on me and Beyond High end Brand clothes and jewelry, not that anyone one with anything less than that should be treated different. I had intended to buy a watch and maybe another bag that caught my atention and I Ended not getting anything else due to his service. Now everytime Someone complements my bag, which has already happened, The first thing that comes to my mind was my experience. Which ruined my night, dinner plans and sleep due to how upset I was with this horrible experience.

Sent from my iPhone

• Mi
      5th of Sep, 2013

I bought a beautiful pair of anle high heel boots in December and on my way to work, the right heel broke. When I called to complain they said there was nothing they could do to fix or replace the shoe. I was so disappointed because I spend so much money at this store and these were my favorite pair of shoes. What do you consider to be good customer service Michael Kors?

16th of Oct, 2013

I shop a lot in your outlets. My favorite ones with the best service and attitude is the one in Barstow, Cali.and Seattle Premium Outlet. I found out that you just opened one at the Ontario Mills, Ontario Cali so I decided to go there and the worst service and bad attitude like they were doing you a favor. The other store that I use to go to that I stop is the Cabazon, Cali, they same attitudes.

• Je
      13th of Nov, 2013

I don't think I've ever dealt with such horrible service ever. I called into Michael Kors to see what steps I need to take to file a warranty
    claim given that there's a defect in workmanship on my bag and I still have a proof of purchase. when I called from my number no one answers but if I call from another number they do. so I asked a rep if they block numbers because thats just odd. I had to call in 2 times to get a Return Authorization form. Then I had to call again because no prepaid shipping label was sent. A rep informed me after I called from a different number that I had to pay for my own shipping to them. Given the price I paid on this bag I shouldn't have to pay to mail my DEFECTIVE bag in. thats just crazy. Anyway I was on the phone with them around my co workers not only did I think that
    this is just wrong that I have to call from different numbers and still pay for a bag to be sent to them but my coworkers did also. This will be the last product I ever buy from them and I'll be selling my watch and purses from them i definitely never want to have to deal with
    this company again.

• Br
      29th of May, 2014

WORST. CUSTOMER. SERVICE. EVER.
    I sent in a purse for a minor repair and they said it was un-repairable so they DESTROYED IT without my consent!
    They literally emailed me after I called 5 times and emailed 12 times for an update, and said IT HAS BEEN DESTROYED,
    $138 down the drain and no remedy. Nothing. I have never been so appalled in my life.

• Af
      26th of Jun, 2014

Some of you people are CRAZY! Items from any outlet are a cheaper quality. That's why there are so cheap because they are made at a cheaper value for that cheaper price.So don't shop outlet. To the lady with the "destroyed bag, " you sent off a fake for repair that's why it was destroyed. Also if you haven't learned this by now Michael Kors is not quality. It's easy money for him whom by the way if you do your research is the copy cat King of fashion. In addition, he has been sued for copying other designers and filed bankruptcy once already on his brand. Get educated on these designers before you shop them. Michael Kors is a temporary fad. Watch!

• De
      6th of Sep, 2014

I receieved a purse as a gift from MK store in Dubai, it cost $586 CAD. The black dye from the purse would rub off onto my clothing. Customer service asked for a pic of the purse, store name, receipt, etc, and in the end they said it was not considered a manufacturing defect, and I could repair it at my own expense!!! Was this a robot responding? You do not spend this much money to pay more money on repairs, and lose the clothing itms that have beenn damaged!! Unacceptable! Very bad customer service!!

• Ld
      15th of Sep, 2014

A warning to Micheal Kors Customers,

First of all, I loved Micheal Kors. I own multiple products. However, this past Birthday (May), I received a small black cross body. DO NOT BUY. I wear everyday. However, in the last two weeks the black dye from the leather strap has begun to bleed onto my clothing. Just a few months later, it ruined my favorite white shirt, my roommates shirt, and my shirt for work before I realized it was 100% from my purse strap. I called the company and the REPRESENTATIVE told me at the very least they would repair the strap or send me a new strap. This person spoke to me on behalf of the company. I expected the promise to be fulfilled and I still have that representatives name. However after filing the claim, I got an e- mail saying warranty does not cover dye transference because that's not a fault of the manufacturer. However, I read multiple articles that said that more reputable companies should not have this problem as it results from a lack of finish on the leather or poor quality leather. That sounds like an issue of the manufacturer.
    So let this be a warning to anyone looking to buy any type of leather dyed by Micheal Kora. DONT.
    Unfortunately this is a company I can no longer associate with quality if the products are gonna literally "dye" out after just four months.
    If you're looking for a company that backs up either it's products or it's representatives, do not choose Micheal Kors because in the second representatives words, you may be "misinformed".

27th of Jul, 2017

@Ld13e I experienced exactly the same issue with TWO of my Michael Kors purses. Before I realized what was causing the problem, the purses had ruined five of my blouses. The black marks are impossible to remove. I have not purchased any Michael Kors purses since then and will not again. I warn my friends not do buy them. Buyer beware.

29th of Sep, 2014

I must add my customer service experience. I purchased a $400 handbag from BonTon. When it tore at the straps I brought it back to the store and they told me I had to return it to Michael Kors. I started emailing the customer service department and they responded to my first two emails asking for additional photos and information. I sent that all to them immediately. I have been emailing now since July 9th and no one has responded to me. I continue to email and nothing! It galls me that Michael Kors can charge that much money for his merchandise yet cannot respond to his customers. Michael Kors should be ashamed - this is the worst customer service experience I have ever had.

• Uk
      28th of Jan, 2015

i, m from united kingdom and trying to contact micheal kors is a joke i bought a cross body bag from a department store in minila on holiday last march i paid nearly £300.00 (sterling) for this bag and the d-ring clasp has broken so this means i now cant use the bag at all but trying to get in touch to find out about how i go about sending the bag back with its receipt and warrenty is becoming a joke non of the store in england can help because i didnt buy it from them but i cant even seem to send an e-mail to customer services as my only options are canada or united states or click on so now i, m stuck with a bag that cost me £300.00 and cant use soooo very annoyed

22nd of Mar, 2015

I've the same experience with MK whereby they require me to destroy my bag if they determine that my bag is beyond repair. It kinda tickles me whereby they can have a whole big factory manufacturing thousands of handbags to be sold worldwide, however they cant repair my broken stripe (bad workmanship on stitching). Really disappointed with MK and i'll never recommend any of my family and friends to get it.

• Im
      7th of Jun, 2015

I'm so disappointed with the MK bag!! Look this is the problem happened to my bag which I have used it less than half a year!!

• Im
      7th of Jun, 2015

Another side of the handle!! Urgh!! Really a cheap quality brand

• Sh
      21st of Jun, 2015

I am in the midst of a dispute with Michaelkors.com. I phoned to place an order for a bag and asked what the return policy was. I was told the bag had to be returned within thirty days from the shipping date. I placed my order with the phone rep and confirmed the shipping date with him. When the bag arrived I found it was much too big for me. Because it arrived w/o a packing slip or any kind of receipt or paperwork, I phoned the website to ask for the address for return. I was then told that the bag cannot be returnd because it was on sale. I spoke to a manager who apologized repeatedly and - get this - said "This happens a lot, we get this all the time." I asked, "If you get this all the time, why do you withhold crucial return information when you are asked directly about the return policy?" More aplogies. I said, "If a customer purchases a bag from you on the phone and you know they cannot return it but do not tell them that when they ask about returns, how is that not dishonest and unethical?" More apologies. After a great deal of time and persistence, I reached another supervisor who said he will work on this problem for me but cannot guarantee a good outcome. I also recently purchased two MK bags at the local Dillards, but after reading the above reviews regarding quality and poor customer service I'm thinking I should return them; unless selling through Dlllards would prevent them from treating customers in this manner. Still concerned about the quality of bags now. Will keep you informed about outcome with michaelkors.com

• Be
      21st of Jun, 2015

Shayrose - Your problem is no one's fault but your own. It specifically states on the website "We do not accept returns or exchanges of items purchased on sale at any time. All swimwear, underwear, altered or custom-made merchandise and sale items are considered Final Sale."

If you had checked this first, you would have known.

• Sh
      22nd of Jun, 2015

That would be (and I'm told often is) a handy excuse for michaelkors.com if, when placing the order by phone, I had not specifically asked for return information. Apparently you are unaware or unconcerned that customers ask for return information because they actually want it; it factors into their decision to purchase the bag. What is also apparent is that the sales reps are either uninformed, which the company believes is the customer's fault, or have been trained to withhold critical information. Neither case speaks well for you. I'd say nice try, but your attempt to blame me for your company's poor customer service and lack of ethics is pitiful at best.

• Be
      22nd of Jun, 2015

Your inability to do your due diligence and then blame the company is astounding.

You stated that you were on the website - so you had the opportunity at that time to seek that information yourself.